Sponsored

Is a KC 45” double light bar practical on a JL?

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
So here once I am satisfied (enough) with my build on suspension components, I am planning on adding some lighting and work on my JL’s cosmetic appearance…

my first “big” purchase lighting wise is most likely going to be the KC 52” light bar with the Pro 6’s.

although I see there is a sale on the 45” KC double light bar. Is there any practical area exterior wise that would “fit” and not look out of place? I’ve seen everything from 10” 30” bars and usually go on the hood, or bull bars / bumpers. But haven’t came across a thread where I’ve seen a 45” double curved. Any insight anyone?

@KC HiLiTES do you guys have an opinion on where that would be a nice fit on a rig? Or would that specific bar be more or less for a truck or something? (Which is another option due to me owning a 1500 Hemi, but I don’t want to get too in depth with that because I’m inquiring regarding JL’s 😉)

thanks for the input guys 👍🏼
Hello Nathan,
Thanks for reaching out. The light you listed is discontinued and we have extra that we are selling on eBay. It is not really designed for a JL. No real practical place to install it.

It all depends on what you want to use your rig for and how often you think you'll use the lights. If you want to go camping a lot or a lot of night wheeling, I would recommend either the 50" PRO6 GRAVITY® LED - 8-LIGHT Overhead Light Bar or the new FLEX ERA 4 (FE4) on the A-pillar and/or front bumper with the Combo Beam Pattern. If you wont use the lights a lot or want something less expensive, the SLIMLITE LED are a great alternative for your A-pillar and/or front bumper .

You will get more distance and a defined light with the Pro6, great for going fast.
Most people will get more use and enjoy the FE4 more. Not as great of a distance as the Pro6, but lights up everything around you. Great for night crawling and camping.
If you want to go all out, you can do the Pro6 bar over the windshield and FE4 Combo beam on the a-pillar or bumper.
The Slimlite LEDs are a Spot beam pattern, but have some good fill light. So a nice all around light.

Another great light for camping and night crawling are the CYCLONE LED LIGHTS as rock light and the Under Hood Cyclone Kit (used more often than people think). White for crawling, Amber for camping. Amber draws in less bugs.
Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970

@Izzo93 Here are some videos you can check out also. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Upnorth73

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Hi Izzo.
didn’t look like your question had actually been answered.🤷‍♂️

im pretty sure a 45 inch bar won’t fit a JL anywhere. Generally need about a 50 above the windscreen and a 45 would probably be to wide on the hood.
im sure you’ve already moved on, but was curious to see what you ended up doing. I’m still waiting on my JL to be delivered and always looking for ideas. I’m thinking of flex era 4’s on the A pillar‘S and front bar.
cheers.
Sponsored