Sponsored

Is 8% under invoice still a good deal?

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
There have been some huge discounts posted lately. The JLUR I'm building has an MSRP of $54k and I'm shooting for $46.7k. Solid deal still given the huge inventory and 2020 orders opening soon? Thanks!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
There have been some huge discounts posted lately. The JLUR I'm building has an MSRP of $54k and I'm shooting for $46.7k. Solid deal still given the huge inventory and 2020 orders opening soon? Thanks!
There is maybe 1-2 dealerships doing this in the entire country.

OP
OP

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So that’s a yes? LOL

The point being, many have been getting huge dollars off of inventory vehicles, so I’m wondering if that will further water down values.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
So that’s a yes? LOL

The point being, many have been getting huge dollars off of inventory vehicles, so I’m wondering if that will further water down values.
It is a great deal. If you go for a 2018, you can do better if you land a golden ticket plus the rebate.

Part 2: That is the million dollar question. We are seeing something that has never really been seen before with the wrangler. Previously, the market was strong for them, FCA increased the price multiple times a year, and trade in value was great.

FCA over priced and over produced the JL. We are seeing a ton of left over stock and something I haven't seen ever on a wrangler, rebates... I'm not confident in their maintained value.

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
It may, but I doubt you'll do better. Two months ago, you'd strug to get 6% under invoice.

Sponsored

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
It is a great deal. If you go for a 2018, you can do better if you land a golden ticket plus the rebate.

Part 2: That is the million dollar question. We are seeing something that has never really been seen before with the wrangler. Previously, the market was strong for them, FCA increased the price multiple times a year, and trade in value was great.

FCA over priced and over produced the JL. We are seeing a ton of left over stock and something I haven't seen ever on a wrangler, rebates... I'm not confident in their maintained value.
The '18 and '19 JLs will not be remembered as the best ones.... more like the best ones to build and thrash on cuz someday they will be cheapest and are gunna rust anyway. Besides, they need suspension rebuilt to be any good. At any rate, that is what will be said of 18-19 JLs twenty years from now.

Sad, but I do love my Jeep!

Edit: yea, 8% is a good deal, they will only go so low.

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
Anything north of 5% under invoice is IMO a good/reasonable deal. 7-8% is about as good as it gets (will often require some travel depending on your location, I was extremely lucky to find a dealer within 30 minutes who would do this). Make sure they don't beat you up on financing on the tail of the deal.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Better deal than I got and I had the 5% below invoice employee pricing. Makes me wonder if I could have negotiated another percent or two but too late for that.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Am I understanding there are rebates on Wranglers now?
I have only seen direct marketing cash for 2018 JLs not 2019s.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to make sure your really getting a true 8%-below invoice. It's tough to compare apples to apples. Is it a cash deal or financing? How much are DOC fees? DOCs vary a LOT. Then some dealers charge dealer prep, require using their financing, add on BS products at the back-end. Is there a trade-in? Is destination included? How much time and money will it cost to travel to get a extra 1%-2%? Like I said LOTS of variables.

As of today the answer is YES. If it's truly 8%-below invoice, including destination, plus a low DOC fee of less then $200 and nothing else. No other fees or required qualifiers. Nothing else but actual TTL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And some require financing, have higher DOC fees, add dealer prep, and other add-ons. That's not taking into consideration time for travel and the cost to travel.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that sounds like a great deal.

Not to hijack the thread, but "invoice" on a POC is the FWP price right? Not FFP or EP?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
And some require financing, have higher DOC fees, add dealer prep, and other add-ons. That's not taking into consideration time for travel and the cost to travel.
Very true. I was able to get 6.5% below invoice at my local dealer, normal doc fee that my state permits, no financing, and no bs fees. I've bought many vehicles through them so it makes it s bit easier to get a deal.
Sponsored