Is 7-8% below invoice just for rubicon?

bigjer25

First Name
BigJer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango Citadel
On the forum, it seems that 7-8% below invoice is a good target when ordering from a dealer.
Is that only the Rubicon?
Or can all trims hope to achieve that cost savings?
Thanks in advance!

Bigjer
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On the forum, it seems that 7-8% below invoice is a good target when ordering from a dealer.
Is that only the Rubicon?
Or can all trims hope to achieve that cost savings?
Thanks in advance!

Bigjer
There's more profit in a higher priced vehicle than a lower cost so more room to move. 7 to 8% below invoice is not a common thing no matter what some will say. It depends what incentives are in place for the customer and dealer at the time. There are places in California that report dealers won't go down to invoice.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Based on my research I would say 6-8% below invoice is common, if looking at the right dealerships. Check the Recommended Dealer thread for that list. They may be less convenient for you than driving to your closest dealer, but they offer the best deals. Which may require you travel, get from out of state, etc.

I am looking at ordering a Rubicon. I have reached out to over 10 dealer, including those recommended on this forum. Those are the only ones that have provided me with a price thru email. All of my local dealers say I have to come in in person, or have to call, or insert any other excuse. Typical games. Here is the pricing I have been able to confirm so far.

CA4AF3B3-8517-42E3-9899-7759E00820FE.jpeg

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Based on my research I would say 6-8% below invoice is common, if looking at the right dealerships.
;) Hard to argue with that comment.

Later,
Johnny

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you are in Maryland you are ideally located. There are dealers in Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina with no-haggle prices in that range on every trim level.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Based on my research I would say 6-8% below invoice is common, if looking at the right dealerships. Check the Recommended Dealer thread for that list. They may be less convenient for you than driving to your closest dealer, but they offer the best deals. Which may require you travel, get from out of state, etc.

I am looking at ordering a Rubicon. I have reached out to over 10 dealer, including those recommended on this forum. Those are the only ones that have provided me with a price thru email. All of my local dealers say I have to come in in person, or have to call, or insert any other excuse. Typical games. Here is the pricing I have been able to confirm so far.

CA4AF3B3-8517-42E3-9899-7759E00820FE.jpeg
Percent under invoice does not tell the entire story without knowing a little more. Is Tread Lightly of Affiliated required? Is the quoted price with every possible incentive that many will not qualify for? Incentives like military and disability. Is the discount taking into consideration any Direct Marketing cash? DOC fees are state regulated and very different. You need to confirm what the DOC fees are. Some are much higher then others. As much as 1%-1.5%+ can be added back into the price. Then you need to verify and confirm if any additional products or stipulations are required. Some dealer required financing with them. What is the interest rate? Back-end products like $200 wheel locks, magic wax, RFID stickers, blinking rear brake lights, VIN window etching, etc. Then there is travel time and cost. Everything gets more complicated if there is a trade-in. Be VERY careful in the business office no matter which dealer. Some business managers are better then others for consumers, even within the same dealership. Can't stress this enough.

Most dealers offering 7%-8% have very high DOC fees and/or stipulations.

Honestly a true 6%-6.5% under invoice is a great discount if you don't have to spend time and money traveling to one of the 3-4 dealers in the nation for the extra .5%.

Dealers with consistently good discounts and reputations and low DOC fees (about $300)….
Jason Beltran if your are in the Chicago area.
Criswell if your in the DC area.
Sponsored

Last edited: