Sponsored

Is 6-8% Below Invoice Even Possible for a JLUR?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The very unique person who qualifies for every FCA incentive-affiliate, rebate, pays cash, has no trade, buys no back-end products, lives near and walks into a high volume dealer who needs one more sale to meet a incentive, has no DOC or dealer prep fees will pay the least and get the best deal.
One of the socal dealers used to have a few yelp reviews about how when the customer went to pay cash, the salesperson would disappear for a meeting and never come back lol.
Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
The Idaho dealer most refer to is Peterson in Nampa. I have a clean 8.3% under invoice with a $299 doc fee deal pending on a JLUR. Waiting on 2020s though. Financing is required although there is no prepayment fee. Those deals are out there if you’re willing to travel to them. Hopefully most are smart enough to leave any other variables out of it when discussing the true cost of the deal.
That’s good to know. I had seen some refer to Dillion as the go to choice. Thanks for the info.

When I contacted the dealers for quotes, I made it clear that it would be with my own in ding which wasn’t already pre-approved and no trade in. That way I could be sure comparisons would be apples to apples, and it’s also exactly how I intended to do the deal.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Seems the same as mine, what was your MSRP? I was $61,065

Trying to see if there was something different, mine is still in JB aghhh
IMG_20190627_232459.jpg
Mine wasn't that high and I passed on some options I wouldn't use or didn't want. Here's my sticker with MSRP...

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I am getting 5% off invoice for custom order or about 7% if I Tak e a vehicle off the lot

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the order guide and the Excel spreadsheets a few forum members so kindly posted, I see that discounts off invoice of up 8% are possible.

What I'd like to know is 8% off invoice for an ordered (not from dealer stock) Unlimited Rubicon something that anyone has actually gotten, particularly from a dealer in the New England area? Assume I'm not part of a group buy...

Thanks!
Yes, talk to Criswell Jeep in MD. I just ordered and took delivery over the weekend. 8% below dealer invoice with Tread Lightly. They will give you 7% below without Tread Lightly. Email Patrick ([email protected]). I did most of the transaction over email, until this weekend - I flew in, finished the paperwork and drove home.

Sponsored

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
One thing you need to realize is that a jeep 4x4 or mostly anything 4x4 is needed in new England. I ordered a JL 2 dr Rubi and saved 14.2% from a dealer here in PA just 1 hrs away. I looked on the forum and one of the family mentioned a woman in a dealership so I took the stuff I had from the dealers here and went to see her. I told her I was with the forum and was looking a new jeep. She asked what I wanted and came back with a price. I said out the door so she added 6% sales tax and tags. That was it. She was on vacation and sent me my Vin#. Oh she missed the hard top and added it below cost, $1,017.00, and when said and done I saved $7,411.00 off 51K. No one can tell you anything except what the worked out. I am almost to retirement and can afford the full price but am thankful I found excellent info on this form. Someone has bought a jeep up there and got a deal. I visited Harvard and Yale and those dealers might have deals for students or not?

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
what dealers are you guys getting quotes from to leverage against a local dealership?

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
It is very possible. I was talking to a dealer in Maryland willing to do 8%, but then got lucky and happened to ask a local dealer at the right time, and they said yes. So get a quote from one of the popular dealers (Maryland, Idaho, etc), use that to see if anyone local will match. If not have a nice road trip back.
I lived in Philadelphia area. Local dealership were doing you a favor if you you got 1-2 percent of the invoice. Virginia And Maryland were giving 7percent off. Found a small dealership Courtesy Jeep. Made it worth while not to travel. Plus had a problem initially I had to take it back to where I got it from. Saved that BS. Jeep Waves kept saying take it back to where you got it for initial problems.​

LVJeepn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bikini Pearl
Occupation
CNC Laser Programmer, CAD Designer
We used the Costco New Car buying which was $500 over invoice. Still a great deal, and I wasn't aware of the up to 8% under invoice deals. All in all I am super happy. I also negotiated in 3 years full service/maintenance with it. We have a great service department at our dealership here.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
49D16B33-4443-45F7-A6E8-E2B35FF85B4D.jpeg

You may need to widen your search. We’re heading back to Nampa, ID. again this weekend to pick up our new JTLR. Two states away and well worth the trip. Saved nearly $20k buying two new Jeeps.
That’s good to know. I had seen some refer to Dillion as the go to choice. Thanks for the info.

When I contacted the dealers for quotes, I made it clear that it would be with my own in ding which wasn’t already pre-approved and no trade in. That way I could be sure comparisons would be apples to apples, and it’s also exactly how I intended to do the deal.
This will help you understand the process and get to know who to talk to:

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
One thing you need to realize is that a jeep 4x4 or mostly anything 4x4 is needed in new England. I ordered a JL 2 dr Rubi and saved 14.2% from a dealer here in PA just 1 hrs away. I looked on the forum and one of the family mentioned a woman in a dealership so I took the stuff I had from the dealers here and went to see her. I told her I was with the forum and was looking a new jeep. She asked what I wanted and came back with a price. I said out the door so she added 6% sales tax and tags. That was it. She was on vacation and sent me my Vin#. Oh she missed the hard top and added it below cost, $1,017.00, and when said and done I saved $7,411.00 off 51K. No one can tell you anything except what the worked out. I am almost to retirement and can afford the full price but am thankful I found excellent info on this form. Someone has bought a jeep up there and got a deal. I visited Harvard and Yale and those dealers might have deals for students or not?
Hi, can you please share that dealers info?

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
Courtesy Crysler Dodge Jeep in Coatsville, PA Kate was the sales lady. I got a 2 door and I never showed her the original. I just said I was looking a deal and I was with this forum. Hope all goes well

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I see you are in New England. Cristwell in Maryland is probably your closest deal making dealer (known on these forums, anyway).

I scoured this site and compiled the data below, then was referred to a salesman (Neil C. at DeMontrond in Conroe, TX) that made all my research pointless, because his deal was so good.

Here's the Details on the $$$ Negotiations if the dealer doesn't want to play ball:

Current Wrangler Owner Discount $1000
USAA Membership $1000 Price Discount
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (Employee) =1% below Invoice.
FCA Affiliate Reward Program (TreadLightly!) = 1% below Invoice.
Get the Dealer Holdback (3%) since this is a factory order
Jeep Coupons in direct mail. 1-800-227-0757. Targeted Direct Mail number for FCA for "Golden Tickets" discounts
Jeep Sales Incentives $Random
Test Drive Incentives $250
Look at Bonusdrive.com

Destination Fee should be included in the "Invoice Price"
After Price: Taxes, License and (no more than) $200 doc fee.
Base Jeep Invoice Price + the dealer Invoice price of Options + Destination - Holdback = Total Dealer Cost.
http://navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=401267

If your salesman won't show you the MSRP (the Sticker price) and Invoice price together then walk away.

Invoice is 6% under MSRP. If you get 6% or better under Invoice you are doing well. You should easily get that on a "custom" order. It literally costs the dealer nothing and they get fantastic incentives for volume.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I am also in New England and in the same boat. Not a lot of JLUR inventory in the area. The dealers I have talked to have been pushing me towards sports when I tell them what price I want to pay for a JLUR. Also, I don't want a 55K MSRP vehicle. I am looking for a 46-48K MSRP JLUR (3.6 Manual with a few options) that I can deal down from and those are hen's teeth as far as I can tell in NE.
Sponsored