Sponsored

Is 6-8% Below Invoice Even Possible for a JLUR?

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
49D16B33-4443-45F7-A6E8-E2B35FF85B4D.jpeg

You may need to widen your search. We’re heading back to Nampa, ID. again this weekend to pick up our new JTLR. Two states away and well worth the trip. Saved nearly $20k buying two new Jeeps.
Congrats on your new Gladiator!
Sponsored

urbanlegend

First Name
Caesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler, 19 JLU Rubicon
Thanks to this forum, I've been working with Travis at Tri-City in Eden, NC for about a month [100% all on me and my OCD process]. Just wrapped up my order for a '19 JLU Rubicon yesterday. By far the smoothest process ever so far. 5% off Invoice right away, then FCA Control Number + Dealer Finance for two more % = total of 7% off invoice. Add to that one of the lowest DOC fees locally and it's a great deal!

There is a dealer 3 miles from me that would not even come close, and I'm talking several thousand dollars - even after mentioning the other quote.

As others have stated, there are many factors to consider [% off, DOC fees, etc.], but yes it is certainly possible to get what you want at a price that is fair.

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I ended up 8.5% under from DeMontrond, but that also included $500 military cash

Reactions: slm

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Of course it’s possible. Do you think all the posters here are all liars?

From the east coast, go to Ourisman or Criswell if you strike out closer to home.
I would say most people who are getting a TRUE 5%-6% under invoice have done well.

The very unique person who qualifies for every FCA incentive-affiliate, rebate, pays cash, has no trade, buys no back-end products, lives near and walks into a high volume dealer who needs one more sale to meet a incentive, has no DOC or dealer prep fees will pay the least and get the best deal.

I don't think most people are lying about deals. Problem is there are tremendous variables between deals. Even very similar deals. It's very possible to get a great deal but very few deals are apples-to-apples so it's hard to compare. I think some people think they are getting 7%-8% or more under invoice when in reality they might not be after factoring in many variables associated with individual deals. Someone might think they are getting X-% under invoke and have that number be off set by a low trade-in value or a high DOC fee.

The most obvious variables-
is a trade is involved?
Cash or financing?
Credit rating?
Was financing at a higher then fair rate required for a certain term?
Were other back-end products required?
Did you buy any additional products like extended service or warranty at retail during the closing?
Was there a high DOC or dealer prep fee?
Was destination included?
Were other FCA incentives like Affiliated, Military, Disability Assistance, Direct Marketing, Loyalty cash, rebates included?
What was travel cost and time worth?

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
I would say most people who are getting a TRUE 5%-6% under invoice have done well.

The very unique person who qualifies for every FCA incentive-affiliate, rebate, pays cash, has no trade, buys no back-end products, lives near and walks into a high volume dealer who needs one more sale to meet a incentive, has no DOC or dealer prep fees will pay the least and get the best deal.

I don't think most people are lying about deals. Problem is there are tremendous variables between deals. Even very similar deals. It's very possible to get a great deal but very few deals are apples-to-apples so it's hard to compare. I think some people think they are getting 7%-8% or more under invoice when in reality they might not be after factoring in many variables associated with individual deals. Someone might think they are getting X-% under invoke and have that number be off set by a low trade-in value or a high DOC fee.

The most obvious variables....
I think you're spot on. There are of course exceptions to the rule, and no doubt some of the dealers mentioned are just better at closing deals, and don't waste time in offering 7 or even 8% off of invoice. And those who are close to these dealer are lucky, and I'm happy they're able to get such great deals without too much trouble.

My experience thus far in Southern California has been tough. Within the greater metropolitan LA area and San Diego, we have approximately 39 Jeep dealerships!

Of those, most are willing to go near invoice, and thus far only one dealer (Poway Jeep near San Diego) offered almost 3% off of invoice without anything (e.g. no tread lightly, no financing through them, etc, and our doc fees in CA are capped at $85). Granted, I haven't gone through them all yet, but I've contacted many of them, well past half of them, and only one has been willing to offer below invoice without haggling.

The one in Vegas that folks on here mentioned offered 5% below invoice on the condition that I finance through them and on having the Tread Lightly discount. But with my own financing (which I have a pretty low rate from my CU), the best they could do was around 3% off of invoice (the difference between the two equates to about $1K ).

I haven't tried the dealer in Idaho, but at this point I'm waiting for the 2020 model to be released and I figured I'll just order that and do another round then.

On the model I want (well-loaded JLUR), the difference between 3% off invoice vs. 8% off invoice is around $2,800 when factoring in taxes and registration, which in CA comes out to roughly 10% of the selling price. So inconvenience aside, and not counting my time, and using airline miles to head to Idaho, hotel, gas, etc, I'd still be ahead over $2K, which in Jeep terms is a decent suspension lift and maybe a couple of other goodies. In other words, it's not insignificant.

The problem for me is that we already have a major road trip planned for the end of summer, and I don't think another long trip would be acceptable, but maybe if I time it right and do it in the late fall, then it might all just work out.

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Julian is my guy but DAMN!!! I ordered mine 5/31, JLUR with all the options in the book and sky top...still in JB

What did you get?
Drove it off the lot today . Body matched flares, 8.4" infotainment upgrade, tow package, sky one touch top (which I NEED in FL!), Steel bumpers (meh), leather interior, safety package. Far cry from my bland stock 2015 stock JKU that I built up. So thrilled! Be patient - it'll be worth it!

If it helps, cash sale so no financing shell game. No trade in shell game (sold my JKU privately). Didn't purchase any of the dealer protections. Pretty straight forward.
MVIMG_20190627_185007.jpg

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
I think you're spot on. There are of course exceptions to the rule, and no doubt some of the dealers mentioned are just better at closing deals, and don't waste time in offering 7 or even 8% off of invoice. And those who are close to these dealer are lucky, and I'm happy they're able to get such great deals without too much trouble.

My experience thus far in Southern California has been tough. Within the greater metropolitan LA area and San Diego, we have approximately 39 Jeep dealerships!

Of those, most are willing to go near invoice, and thus far only one dealer (Poway Jeep near San Diego) offered almost 3% off of invoice without anything (e.g. no tread lightly, no financing through them, etc, and our doc fees in CA are capped at $85). Granted, I haven't gone through them all yet, but I've contacted many of them, well past half of them, and only one has been willing to offer below invoice without haggling.

The one in Vegas that folks on here mentioned offered 5% below invoice on the condition that I finance through them and on having the Tread Lightly discount. But with my own financing (which I have a pretty low rate from my CU), the best they could do was around 3% off of invoice (the difference between the two equates to about $1K ).

I haven't tried the dealer in Idaho, but at this point I'm waiting for the 2020 model to be released and I figured I'll just order that and do another round then.

On the model I want (well-loaded JLUR), the difference between 3% off invoice vs. 8% off invoice is around $2,800 when factoring in taxes and registration, which in CA comes out to roughly 10% of the selling price. So inconvenience aside, and not counting my time, and using airline miles to head to Idaho, hotel, gas, etc, I'd still be ahead over $2K, which in Jeep terms is a decent suspension lift and maybe a couple of other goodies. In other words, it's not insignificant.

The problem for me is that we already have a major road trip planned for the end of summer, and I don't think another long trip would be acceptable, but maybe if I time it right and do it in the late fall, then it might all just work out.
I'm in socal as well (Orange County), and my thoughts are very similar to yours (though I haven't done the actual math yet). And I'm also waiting to see what the 2020 model brings. Which Idaho dealer are you referring to? Do they also require their financing?

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Drove it off the lot today . Body matched flares, 8.4" infotainment upgrade, tow package, sky one touch top (which I NEED in FL!), Steel bumpers (meh), leather interior, safety package. Far cry from my bland stock 2015 stock JKU that I built up. So thrilled! Be patient - it'll be worth it!

If it helps, cash sale so no financing shell game. No trade in shell game (sold my JKU privately). Didn't purchase any of the dealer protections. Pretty straight forward.
MVIMG_20190627_185007.jpg
Seems the same as mine, what was your MSRP? I was $61,065

Trying to see if there was something different, mine is still in JB aghhh

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm in socal as well (Orange County), and my thoughts are very similar to yours (though I haven't done the actual math yet). And I'm also waiting to see what the 2020 model brings. Which Idaho dealer are you referring to? Do they also require their financing?
Of those, most are willing to go near invoice, and thus far only one dealer (Poway Jeep near San Diego) offered almost 3% off of invoice without anything (e.g. no tread lightly, no financing through them, etc, and our doc fees in CA are capped at $85).
Did you guys try the Carl Burger dealer? Their website prices look pretty good, but I haven't bothered contacting them yet. Glendale wanted my info to place an order for me without even discussing price, which scared me off lol. I haven't even bothered with the local ones because they don't have what I want, and it will be a battle to get them down in price lol

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
I’m in OC as well, south county.

The dealer in ID is Dennis Dillion Jeep, but while some have reported great deals, others have had less than ideal things to say. I haven’t contacted them yet. I suspect the 7-8% deal is going to be conditional on financing with them and some of it will be offset with higher fees.

As the other poster above said, it’s hard to determine what’s a good deal without knowing all the details, including finance rate, how soon you can refi, the amount you have to finance.

The more is research it, getting a 3-4% off invoice with no conditions seems like a pretty good deal. Might be worthwhile to try the Poway dealer and see if they’ll go a bit lower with the tread lightly added.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Did you guys try the Carl Burger dealer? Their website prices look pretty good, but I haven't bothered contacting them yet. Glendale wanted my info to place an order for me without even discussing price, which scared me off lol. I haven't even bothered with the local ones because they don't have what I want, and it will be a battle to get them down in price lol
I haven’t tried Carl Burger yet, but will do so. I figure at this point once the 2020 orders are available, I’ll reach out to dealers again.

Lol at Glendale. Not surprising at all.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m also kinda stuck waiting for 2020. Also rubicon vs Sahara lol.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I bought at 6% under invoice and my friend just picked up his new JLUR at 7% under invoice.

He picked up the JLUR on Wednesday..
d061zSmDDSqRX7StSJwnQWLpXQQ5aYDeqPOsXbfbljATeYddYob_IcHKsilWngNXdspM6Hcx&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-2.jpg

Thursday with 35 miles on it it got lifted...
w-0shRdbrAkFOe1wIW-Al8cKPBGixevF8PJ9kz02DJZJjGe0HJzrF-lYkI8Eqnxve3PF1Fdt&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

Zzlb5QsswbUjcSx4mlgOISbj-qjo7Cff1jcOLXPY6FWwtdZIewdxFWZ2uKbvxKTqQi2bhmzI&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet1-1.jpg

Today it gets 37s on beadlocks.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The best thing to do is to go to one of the dealers on the site with a guaranteed discount and request a quote. Then shop that quote locally.

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Idaho dealer most refer to is Peterson in Nampa. I have a clean 8.3% under invoice with a $299 doc fee deal pending on a JLUR. Waiting on 2020s though. Financing is required although there is no prepayment fee. Those deals are out there if you’re willing to travel to them. Hopefully most are smart enough to leave any other variables out of it when discussing the true cost of the deal.
Sponsored