Sponsored

Is 6-8% Below Invoice Even Possible for a JLUR?

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Looking at the order guide and the Excel spreadsheets a few forum members so kindly posted, I see that discounts off invoice of up 8% are possible.

What I'd like to know is 8% off invoice for an ordered (not from dealer stock) Unlimited Rubicon something that anyone has actually gotten, particularly from a dealer in the New England area? Assume I'm not part of a group buy...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
It is very possible. I was talking to a dealer in Maryland willing to do 8%, but then got lucky and happened to ask a local dealer at the right time, and they said yes. So get a quote from one of the popular dealers (Maryland, Idaho, etc), use that to see if anyone local will match. If not have a nice road trip back.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Looking at the order guide and the Excel spreadsheets a few forum members so kindly posted, I see that discounts off invoice of up 8% are possible.

What I'd like to know is 8% off invoice for an ordered (not from dealer stock) Unlimited Rubicon something that anyone has actually gotten, particularly from a dealer in the New England area? Assume I'm not part of a group buy...

Thanks!
Meador Jeep in Ft. Worth, TX has their 2019 JLRU's internet priced between 11.8% - 15.2% off MSRP. I believe that equates to around 6-8% off invoice. This is their price without any additional haggling or Tread Lightly discounts, so I think a better deal can be made. Plus they always advertise no additional dealership markups like a lot of the other dealers do.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
8% is below the dealer's cost.

But the manufacturers have benchmark rebates, to the dealers, if they can out-sell last year's month totals.

We are talking as high as $1,500, or so, per vehicle that month

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Meador Jeep in Ft. Worth, TX has their 2019 JLRU's internet priced between 11.8% - 15.2% off MSRP. I believe that equates to around 6-8% off invoice. This is their price without any additional haggling or Tread Lightly discounts, so I think a better deal can be made. Plus they always advertise no additional dealership markups like a lot of the other dealers do.
I can't say anything about pricing at Meador, but they were really awesome to me and my busted up WJ in the service department. It suffered some Katrina damages, and they helped me get it running at a fair price.

Sponsored

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wondering about dealers in New England. I'm wondering if a high-volume dealer would be the best chance to get a JLUR ordered in the ballparl of 8% off invoice, given the incentives they get from FCA (benchmark rebates, hollbacks, etc.). My best guess is that a high-volume Jeep dealer would probably be in Massachusetts or Connecticut.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Yep. You just need to do your research on the forum. Order from one of the dealers and go pick it up. If you're not willing to do that, then no.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
June 9 I ordered a JLUR factory built from Criswell in MD. Julian has been great. 7% below factory invoice and an additional 1% with the FCA affiliate control number (TreadLightly for me). So 8% below invoice. No hassle, no haggle. It arrived yesterday so I’m picking it up tomorrow. Live in FL but work in the northeast so I can make it a work trip and expense the airfare and mileage while doing some work up there before driving it back. I’m paying cash, so no tricky financing shell game that I heard about out west side on great pricing.

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. You just need to do your research on the forum. Order from one of the dealers and go pick it up. If you're not willing to do that, then no.
I am willing to do that, and I am doing my research by reaching out to other members who may have found a dealer in my area. I see plenty of great deals in other parts of the country but New England is eluding me thus far.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Thanks!
If you time it right yes, I was 11% under invoice for a 2019 JLUR. You have to be patient and wait for when sales dip and dealers are more incentivized to move units. Watch their lots and websites to see when they have units piling up and sitting around; it's a good indication sales are slow.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
49D16B33-4443-45F7-A6E8-E2B35FF85B4D.jpeg
I am willing to do that, and I am doing my research by reaching out to other members who may have found a dealer in my area. I see plenty of great deals in other parts of the country but New England is eluding me thus far.
You may need to widen your search. We’re heading back to Nampa, ID. again this weekend to pick up our new JTLR. Two states away and well worth the trip. Saved nearly $20k buying two new Jeeps.

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
June 9 I ordered a JLUR factory built from Criswell in MD. Julian has been great. 7% below factory invoice and an additional 1% with the FCA affiliate control number (TreadLightly for me). So 8% below invoice. No hassle, no haggle. It arrived yesterday so I’m picking it up tomorrow. Live in FL but work in the northeast so I can make it a work trip and expense the airfare and mileage while doing some work up there before driving it back. I’m paying cash, so no tricky financing shell game that I heard about out west side on great pricing.
Julian is my guy but DAMN!!! I ordered mine 5/31, JLUR with all the options in the book and sky top...still in JB

What did you get?

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Of course it’s possible. Do you think all the posters here are all liars?

From the east coast, go to Ourisman or Criswell if you strike out closer to home.

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course it’s possible. Do you think all the posters here are all liars?

From the east coast, go to Ourisman or Criswell if you strike out closer to home.
I know it’s possible but I was trying to confirm if it’s possible on a Rubicon near my area. Seems like dealers I’ve experienced are far less likely to deal on that model because of demand and rareness of Rubi’s. Where I live there is exactly four 2019 Rubicons in the entire state currently on dealer lots for sale. Four. There are still hundreds of 2018 Sport and Sport S models never mind the 2019’s. Why would a dealer want to give away huge profits on a Rubicon by selling it for 8% below invoice when they are so hard to come by?

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You would be surprised at some of the deal you can get as long as you stand your ground and have some leverage. Dealers want to sell cars and if you walk out empty handed they will not be happy with their sales staff.
Sponsored