Sponsored

is $55k otd a good price for a JL?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
hey! this is my first jeep and i found one i liked at a dealer 40mins from me (i’m in florida). i test drove the car and enjoyed driving it. msrp is $51k and after some haggling we came to $55k flat otd. i put a small deposit but i just want to make sure i’m not getting taken for a ride. i like the color and the leather seats, and my non negotiables are manual and big screen. i wish it had a proximity door sensor but it’s also just another thing to get dirty on the trail.

is $55k okay for this car or should i try to get them down more or just find another car? i’ve been searching and manuals are out there + soon the ‘22s will be coming.

thanks!
BBFFA92D-6F2F-4CEC-9DAF-8F80A4DA5814.jpeg
535D4BF6-76D8-4B43-BF77-2752D0F8FCB4.jpg
12523B67-44AE-4837-89F9-AA7933ACC3AF.jpeg
I think everyone has given you good advice on waiting and ordering to save dollars or just taking this home. The Florida dealer fee - ouch. But a sarge, 2 door in manual sure looks good (and seems it would be a hard find on the lot).

I’ll just add that I think you can add the proximity entry yourself now - search it on here, not sure how hard that is to do though

OP
OP

runningonemptyy

First Name
roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
I think everyone has given you good advice on waiting and ordering to save dollars or just taking this home. The Florida dealer fee - ouch. But a sarge, 2 door in manual sure looks good (and seems it would be a hard find on the lot).

I’ll just add that I think you can add the proximity entry yourself now - search it on here, not sure how hard that is to do though
yeah i’ve been researching it, there is a kit for it. dealer said no way it can be added.

it’s $51 msrp + 3100 tax and the rest is registration and dealer fee totaling out to 55 otd

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm sitting on a 3 year old Jeep with 31000 miles. Makes me wonder what it's worth?

That's crazy pricing on new Jeeps.

I'd still have to poke around at other dealers to see what ordering and waiting will save you. I would think saving $5-6k would temper my impatience quite a bit. :beer:

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
yeah i’ve been researching it, there is a kit for it. dealer said no way it can be added.

it’s $51 msrp + 3100 tax and the rest is registration and dealer fee totaling out to 55 otd
I’m always a huge advocate of ordering and saving dollars, but this might be the only time I’d break and get it given the combo. End of the day though it’s your money, but if you can wait a little while you could save some dough.

perhaps go in there with that attitude, but I’m guessing they won’t budge

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a beautiful Jeep and the dealer knows it. I doubt they will budge in this market.

Good luck.

BODIDDLY

First Name
BO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP WRANGLER SARAHA UNLIMITED
Vehicle Showcase
yes. the original price they wanted was over $56k. i got them down to $55k but i’m feeling like i maybe should have held out more. they originally had $1800 markup on it.
I think it's a good price, based on what I have researched here in FL.

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
If it’s exactly what you want buy it. Great deal, no. But being a Jeep will save your ass in resale within a couple years. IMHO

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My 2021 two-door JL Rubicon was $41k, almost no options, and a little under invoice. I've never paid sticker for a vehicle, let alone over sticker.

Sponsored

Bartholomew

First Name
Bartholomew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That is a pretty good price for a great rig. If it's what you want then pull the trigger. It is near the end of the MY so new ones are going to be hard to come by and ordering will take months.

Another option, but has it's risks, is to search in areas near airports. My brother has 1 dealership in his are and found exactly what he wanted at a dealership near an airport that was a 3 hour drive from his house. The cost savings were substantially better by flying and driving it home.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
hey! this is my first jeep and i found one i liked at a dealer 40mins from me (i’m in florida). i test drove the car and enjoyed driving it. msrp is $51k and after some haggling we came to $55k flat otd. i put a small deposit but i just want to make sure i’m not getting taken for a ride. i like the color and the leather seats, and my non negotiables are manual and big screen. i wish it had a proximity door sensor but it’s also just another thing to get dirty on the trail.

is $55k okay for this car or should i try to get them down more or just find another car? i’ve been searching and manuals are out there + soon the ‘22s will be coming.

thanks!
BBFFA92D-6F2F-4CEC-9DAF-8F80A4DA5814.jpeg
535D4BF6-76D8-4B43-BF77-2752D0F8FCB4.jpg
12523B67-44AE-4837-89F9-AA7933ACC3AF.jpeg
Wait a tick…I thought we are supposed to haggle down MSRP?

I put in a custom build in 6/23 and the best deal I found around here was 6.6% off MSRP. Will be receiving the Jeep no later than 9/04. If I were you at this point I’d wait for the 2022, receive numerous quotes on exactly what you want, and custom order one from the lowest priced dealer. If I remember correctly, the 6.6% saved about $4k. That’s an incredible $8000 I saved compared to you if you purchased that Jeep.

Last edited:

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Just buy it.