Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at dealerships for my next jeep and ended up ordering from PA for the best deal.
Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
yeah i’ve been researching it, there is a kit for it. dealer said no way it can be added.

it’s $51 msrp + 3100 tax and the rest is registration and dealer fee totaling out to 55 otd
. I have a 2 dr jk sport 84.5k miles and hard top 24s package. I bougnt a 2021 jlu sport s and feeler said 15k. Car Ana is at 22k. Car Ana will be picking it up. So used car pricing is in the selllers favor right know.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Jeep doesn’t build the axles, Dana/Spicer does. And they build axles for many other companies too.

Rsarffs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler unlimited rubicon, 15 rzr xp1000
Got my 2021 Wrangler unlimited rubicon in bright white for $47,200. after a little haggling back in January 2021, this was before taxes and financing. Vehicle came with automatic, cloth seats and halogen headlights but the price was right. At that time the dealership had about 12 unlimiteds and about 8 gladiators and maybe one or two 2-door wranglers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

runningonemptyy

First Name
roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
I know, but Jeep doesn’t (shouldn’t) just slap on parts from other vendors just to get cars out of the factory. There should be QC checks and measures in place, not just “oh it drives, okay, it’s good to go!” My issue is not new btw
.there are several threads going back to 2018’s on this issue. I would think QC at Dana/Spicer & Jeep would have at least noticed it within a year, two years tops! My car is a 2021! Just sayin

Regardless, I am within my states rights to get a buy back. For $56k, the powertrain should be damn near bulletproof.
can you describe what your truck did? so that if i see the symptoms on mine i’ll know what it is?

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
I think you’ve been given good advice: If you are prepared to wait on a custom order, you could save money on the purchase price
. but finance rates are subject to change, and by the time you get your Jeep (3-6 months down the road), that savings MAY be eroded by an increase in borrowing costs. In other words, it’s a gamble.

I played the waiting game on a Bronco, and just tapped out this week. Ford financing jumped from 3.2% (June) to 4.49% (Aug). I was able to buy my Unlimited Islander for $55,310.00 + $499.00 ADM @ 3.49%, and am completely happy with that. That’s Canadian btw.

There is a two door Rubicon in Sarge Green up here (I am in Canada) with similar options to what you’ve got shown, but Auto. The dealer is listing at $65,153 and offering a $1000 gas card with it. CarGurus shows they have had it listed as low as $59,654.00 but have raised the price substantially in the 195 days it’s been sitting on their lot. Goes to show that the market is driving prices up; most dealers in past years would be trying to blow it out end of summer, not jacking the price.

Our dollar is worth about $0.78 US. I am kind of shocked your prices aren’t that much lower down there than ours
.. that isn’t typical. Different forces at play in the market these days.
My loaded sport S was $54,390.26 all in
Got 1500 of msrp. Alberta has 2 doors in the whole province. Pull the trigger and enjoy the new ride.

Hamm3r

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord, 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
I also placed an order for fully loaded 2021 White Sahara from Gupton that should be delivered any day now to the dealer (Build and Sticker Found in Cryptostickers). Unfortunately I will not be able to take delivery and am looking for someone who might want to take over my order. Message me if you're interested in a new Jeep with NO WAIT. With the discount it can come in about $8k savings from the MSRP if financed at dealership and FCA membership.

Attachments

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
Wait a tick
I thought we are supposed to haggle down MSRP?

I put in a custom build in 6/23 and the best deal I found around here was 6.6% off MSRP. Will be receiving the Jeep no later than 9/04. If I were you at this point I’d wait for the 2022, receive numerous quotes on exactly what you want, and custom order one from the lowest priced dealer. If I remember correctly, the 6.6% saved about $4k. That’s an incredible $8000 I saved compared to you if you purchased that Jeep.
My loaded sport S was $54,390.26 all in
Got 1500 of msrp. Alberta has 2 doors in the whole province. Pull the trigger and enjoy the new ride.
3 2 doors in the whole province. And any factory order has no eta.

Sponsored

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
I also placed an order for fully loaded 2021 White Sahara from Gupton that should be delivered any day now to the dealer (Build and Sticker Found in Cryptostickers). Unfortunately I will not be able to take delivery and am looking for someone who might want to take over my order. Message me if you're interested in a new Jeep with NO WAIT. With the discount it can come in about $8k savings from the MSRP if financed at dealership and FCA membership.
Send a pic of the quote/invoice to see the savings.

Hamm3r

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord, 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid
Send a pic of the quote/invoice to see the savings.
This is the email I received from Daniel on my order. MSRP is in PDF.

Pricing would be as follows:

$49527 (standard order pricing below factory invoice)
$49000 (standard order pricing; Must have Tread Lightly Control #)
$48473 (standard order pricing; Must have Tread Lightly Control # AND dealer arranged financing)
All prices are plus $499 doc fee and $7.50 for a 30 day temporary tag to get you back home. These prices do not include any applicable sales tax that may or may not have to be collected depending on where you live. Must be a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days prior to obtaining a Control # so I recommend becoming a member as soon as you order the vehicle to be safe. Any applicable rebates available at the time of delivery would come off these prices as well. Leasing does not qualify as dealer arranged financing. Incentivized rates (such as 0% for 36 months) do not qualify as dealer arranged financing.

OP
OP

runningonemptyy

First Name
roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
When decelerating (or off gas pedal), there is a noticeable whine coming from the drivetrain. It’s the loudest between ~75mph to 60mph when decelerating. I had two dealerships inspect it, and both noticed the noise. One dealer told me to drive it more (which is terrible advise), and the other (where it is currently at) said they are going to replace the rear end. The rear end is on order and will take an additional month to get. So once all said and done, this issue will have taken 2 months to potentially fix. Personally, I don’t think the rear end has been sorted out. If a 2021 came this way from the factory, chances are the replacement will eventually do the same thing. Get it on the highway and get up to speed
.then off the gas and listen for a whine. If it has it, it’s a dud.
thanks for the description. did you maybe get a lemon rear? and with all these parts shortages it’s taking a while to get a new one. did you see if other people had the same issue with the ‘21s, like is it a common issue?

when i test drove my car i did lower the window to listen for any type of noise when i was at cruising speed but i didn’t let off the gas completely.