Iphone not automatically connecting to Uconnect

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I have a 19 jl rubicon with base radio. I connected my iPhone via Bluetooth, but it never stays connected after I turn off Jeep. I have to turn on jeep, press media, press select source, press my iPhone, then press play on my iPhone. If I do this too quickly, I have to repeat the process again. is there any way to get the iPhone to connect automatically?
thanks
Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could help but my problem is opposite yours. My phone connects every time however I leave an iPod plugged into USB2 anti never recognizes it next time I'm in the Jeep. I have to disconnect the iPod and plug it back in. Same if I used USB1

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
You need to connect via a USB cable and it will work every time. Yes you can connect via bluetooth but uconnect isn't smart enough to reconnect to your last bluetooth source and show carplay.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Is this limited to the base radio? I have the 8.4, and it always reconnects to the last source and song or podcast played. But I can't imagine why they would behave differently.

OP
OP

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I wouldn't think it would be different either. The jeep service department obviously doesn't know, lol. I hope someone on here can give me a solution.
Sponsored