Sponsored

iPhone 12 Pro not ringing when using Car Play (2020 Rubicon Unlimited)

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I recently purchsed and love my 2020 Rubicon Unlimited. Coming from a Subaru which also had Car Play that connected and worked veer well with my iPhone, I expected the same with the Jeep / Uconnect system.

Everything works well except for incoming calls. The call appears on the screen but no sound/ringing.

Also, if an incoming text, I see the notification on screen however if I hit play text, i get nothing.

I can live without text(s) however really want the iPhone to ring.

Any thoughts/help?

Thanks
Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I recently purchsed and love my 2020 Rubicon Unlimited. Coming from a Subaru which also had Car Play that connected and worked veer well with my iPhone, I expected the same with the Jeep / Uconnect system.

Everything works well except for incoming calls. The call appears on the screen but no sound/ringing.

Also, if an incoming text, I see the notification on screen however if I hit play text, i get nothing.

I can live without text(s) however really want the iPhone to ring.

Any thoughts/help?

Thanks
Try turning up the volume on the radio when the phone is ringing. The phone volume for calls and text reading is only adjustable during the time that Siri is reading your text or the phone is ringing. It’s probably something simple like this...

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Try turning up the volume on the radio when the phone is ringing. The phone volume for calls and text reading is only adjustable during the time that Siri is reading your text or the phone is ringing. It’s probably something simple like this...
I second this, same goes for Google maps. the volume is adjusted during the turn by turn read out.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Unless it’s absolutely necessary to be on your phone on when driving, I’d encourage you to turn Bluetooth off, shut the 5/7/8.4” screen off, secure your phone to where it’s not a distraction, stay alert and just enjoy your new rig ride and drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unless it’s absolutely necessary to be on your phone on when driving, I’d encourage you to turn Bluetooth off, shut the 5/7/8.4” screen off, secure your phone to where it’s not a distraction, stay alert and just enjoy your new rig ride and drive.
So basically, save the $$ on a Uconnect system since it won’t be on..., I wish I thought of that before purchasing.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Have you tried a different iPhone?

zgrw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It might be the volume issue others have mentioned or just radio behaving oddly. I faced "not reading text" thing once, but my iphone always rings with the radio. For my case, stopping and starting the engine fixed the issue for message reading, if it doesn't fix it for you, i would suggest the fuse option that everyone mentions. If that also doesn't fix it, then you should see the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That worked, who would have known there was a separate volume for phone vs. radio...
THANKS

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I second this, same goes for Google maps. the volume is adjusted during the turn by turn read out.
That worked, who would have known there was a separate volume for phone vs. radio...
THANKS