Sponsored

iPad installation for rear passenger viewing?

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
We are looking for a solution to mount an iPad in the gap between the two front seats, so the children in the rear can see movies as we travel. We usually use 67 designs for these kinds of things, but they don't have anything that quite works for this.

We have looked at running a bar between the two inboard posts of the head rest, and several Other solutions. Our concerns with doing the mount is strength, stability and vibration, safety, and being able to see it from both the right and left rear passenger seat.

We searched online and there's a tremendous amount of junk. If anyone has done this or has any ideas, we would appreciate you taking the time to post your ideas.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's not exactly what you are asking for since you are asking for something between the rear seats but I have something that I bought on Amazon that is a velcro strap that wraps around the headrest and has clips to hold an iPad. I know it's not what you are asking but they were relatively cheap (if you have two iPads so the kids can both see it). Mine is not this one, though it is very similar.

Last edited:

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
IMO, by the time you are done screwing around trying to fab something up that may or may not look like crap, kids fighting over which movie to watch, mom getting pissed off changing the movie to something else all the time, you will be better off just buying another $400 iPad.

I got 2 boys and 2 iPads for them. It works wonderfully.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
We have looked at running a bar between the two inboard posts of the head rest, and several
I wouldn't recommend this option since it could cause issues in adjusting one front seat independently from the other, right? What about something off the ceiling or sport bar? I have seen CB brackets off the sport bar.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Just play baby shark from your radio, man, that will get them going.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We are looking for a solution to mount an iPad in the gap between the two front seats, so the children in the rear can see movies as we travel. We usually use 67 designs for these kinds of things, but they don't have anything that quite works for this.

We have looked at running a bar between the two inboard posts of the head rest, and several Other solutions. Our concerns with doing the mount is strength, stability and vibration, safety, and being able to see it from both the right and left rear passenger seat.

We searched online and there's a tremendous amount of junk. If anyone has done this or has any ideas, we would appreciate you taking the time to post your ideas.

Thank you in advance!
we struggle with this as well.

i have thought about fabbing something to hang from the cage, but i havn't gotten very far.

Sponsored

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

Vrotfel

First Name
Mike