sman1950

First Name
steve mangels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911S, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
One annoyance I've found is if you plug the phone into the center console port, which is powered when the Jeep is off, then when you turn on the Jeep it doesn't recognize it as CarPlay. If you unplug/re-plug it after the Jeep starts up, it will recognize it as CarPlay. Anyone else notice this? I may try a different power outliet which is not still powered when the Jeep is off.
I'm having the same issue
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
While there are cheap cables out there, this is nothing more than hype to get you to buy the OEM cables. Any MFi-certified cable should be fine, just make sure it isn’t damaged. I bought the Anker Powerline+ cables (in red) and they work just fine.
Funny... I use the Anker red cable, too... I made the mistake of looking on the thread about 'seeing red.'

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
While there are cheap cables out there, this is nothing more than hype to get you to buy the OEM cables. Any MFi-certified cable should be fine, just make sure it isn’t damaged. I bought the Anker Powerline+ cables (in red) and they work just fine.
Agreed. I use Anker cables as well. Great cables and great customer service. I have 8 of there cables but 1 recently went bad. They had a new cable shipped to me within a couple days

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I just noticed Google Maps on my 2nd screen of Apple CarPlay. What a relief! I like how you can elect to view satellite images as well and it looks great on the uConnect screen (with a good data connection, of course).

Sponsored

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
My CarPlay still hasn't updated to OS 12. Do you have to do something specific for it to update? I can't wait to see waze on there! Thx

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My CarPlay still hasn't updated to OS 12. Do you have to do something specific for it to update? I can't wait to see waze on there! Thx
CarPlay won’t update. You update your phone to iOS 12 and you’ll have access to the updated features.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
CarPlay won’t update. You update your phone to iOS 12 and you’ll have access to the updated features.
Thank you! Just read in another thread how I needed to actually update the Waze app for it to show up. That worked. Thanks again!

Sponsored

iamtb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
My iPhone X won’t even launch CarPlay it is charging so the cable is functional
I have the same problem. CarPlay only works if I plug the phone in BEFORE starting the engine / radio. Once it has been started, no luck.

jfoot732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
I am on the smaller uConnect, iPhone X, iOS 12. Half the time it works, half the time it doesn't. Replaced the cable, still no dice.

I'm sure there is some special dance I'll figure out to get it to work.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I am on the smaller uConnect, iPhone X, iOS 12. Half the time it works, half the time it doesn't. Replaced the cable, still no dice.

I'm sure there is some special dance I'll figure out to get it to work.
Clean out the lightning port of your iPhone. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out or a toothpick to dig out any debris. You can get A LOT of lint in there and it leads to the intermittent problems you're talking about.

jfoot732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
Clean out the lightning port of your iPhone. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out or a toothpick to dig out any debris. You can get A LOT of lint in there and it leads to the intermittent problems you're talking about.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot!
Sponsored