Invoice price of 392?

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
But 10 days after you posted this, here I am with an order and signed deal on an MSRP $79300 and paying $71688… 4.5% under invoice. Tax and all that Jazzzzz, $76K
Dang!
That's one of the best deals going right now!
I ordered a 392 with Chapman on 9/27.
$6k off MSRP.
MSRP $78,930
Invoice $74,487
So, that's about 2.1% below invoice.

Not the 6% below from this summer, but one of the better deals on a 392 right now.

There's a post on the recommended dealers page from Lakeland Dodge Boys saying 5% below invoice on Jeeps over $60k.
They never responded to my comment about if that was good on 392s.
If so....that would seem to be the best right now.
Sponsored

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
But 10 days after you posted this, here I am with an order and signed deal on an MSRP $79300 and paying $71688… 4.5% under invoice. Tax and all that Jazzzzz, $76K
Did you purchase from Dan Cummins in Paris KY? Would you mind telling me who your sales reps was? This is the best deal I've seen on 392 so far. Thanks in advance.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Did you purchase from Dan Cummins in Paris KY? Would you mind telling me who your sales reps was? This is the best deal I've seen on 392 so far. Thanks in advance.
YES, Dan Cummins. Sure, call there and ask for a Manager named Martin. His deal is 3% under invoice. I got ahold of another 1.5% under due to being part of my trade deal. They basically want my trade soon since they have a buyer for a M340 and I lose the tax credit on it, so I got a larger amount for the trade and an extra 1.5% on the Jeep to have it make sense for me. Also $8K equity coming from a 4XE that I leased since they lease so damn well

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Sure, call there and ask for a Manager named Martin. His deal is 3% under invoice. I got ahold of another 1.5% under due to being part of my trade deal. They basically want my trade soon since they have a buyer for a M340 and I lose the tax credit on it, so I got a larger amount for the trade and an extra 1.5% on the Jeep to have it make sense for me. Also $8K equity coming from a 4XE that I leased since they lease so damn well
So guess you could say I’m getting it for more like $67K…. Can’t complain

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
YES, Dan Cummins. Sure, call there and ask for a Manager named Martin. His deal is 3% under invoice. I got ahold of another 1.5% under due to being part of my trade deal. They basically want my trade soon since they have a buyer for a M340 and I lose the tax credit on it, so I got a larger amount for the trade and an extra 1.5% on the Jeep to have it make sense for me. Also $8K equity coming from a 4XE that I leased since they lease so damn well
That's better then Chapman's $6k off!! 🤔

Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
So guess you could say I’m getting it for more like $67K…. Can’t complain
Daaaaang!
Way to wheel and deal!

Hard to feel out the used market.
I've got to get rid of my current one before the new one comes in.
Values are so high on used...but at the same time you can order a new one at 6% below invoice or more all day long.
I guess the buyer we all need is someone that needs a Jeep NOW!
😉

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
Thanks so much for all the great info! I'll give them a call and mention that you provided the contact. Really impressive deal. Thanks again for sharing the details here.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Well aren't you a special fella :like: . Good for you. No offense, seriously. Post up pictures when you get it.

You will love it. I have not been remiss one bit at paying MSRP and using it all summer. So getting your special deal should really sweeten your experience.

Sam

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Well aren't you a special fella :like: . Good for you. No offense, seriously. Post up pictures when you get it.

You will love it. I have not been remiss one bit at paying MSRP and using it all summer. So getting your special deal should really sweeten your experience.

Sam
Definitely does sweeten it up!

Update since that post is that I cancelled the 2021 and reordered the 2022 with the same discount percentage, just add $3100 to that price due to adding XR.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Definitely does sweeten it up!

Update since that post is that I cancelled the 2021 and reordered the 2022 with the same discount percentage, just add $3100 to that price due to adding XR.
Definitely worth the extra coin, the XR package that is. If only for the 4.56s.

Sam

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Definitely worth the extra coin, the XR package that is. If only for the 4.56s.

Sam
Not that the 392 doesn’t already have insane resale value, but I firmly believe the XR will take it up a notch for sure.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Also went with Chapman. I ended up at 7% under invoice at the time of order, though with the AR financing and paying cash I'll probably be at 5% under invoice for my 392 XR which should show up in early Nov.

This was a '21 deal, I don't think they're doing the same deals now.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not that the 392 doesn’t already have insane resale value, but I firmly believe the XR will take it up a notch for sure.
FWIW, the recent one on BAT (Bring A Trailer) only got 1 bid in 7 days and sold for MSRP + $1. Considering it was a private sale, for many that's basically less than sticker on it for instant gratification vs buying from a dealer.

So yeah, one outlier -- but nonetheless, still a data point.

I think that BAT is probably not the right audience, and the seller probably didn't do any outside marketing -- which he should have.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Also went with Chapman. I ended up at 7% under invoice at the time of order, though with the AR financing and paying cash I'll probably be at 5% under invoice for my 392 XR which should show up in early Nov.

This was a '21 deal, I don't think they're doing the same deals now.
They told me yesterday that they have no more allocations left for the 392. They said they can order me one but they can't guarantee that it will get built!!

Screenshot_20211013-144156_Gmail.jpg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They told me yesterday that they have no more allocations left for the 392. They said they can order me one but they can't guarantee that it will get built!!

Screenshot_20211013-144156_Gmail.jpg

They've always said that. Mine was scheduled for build anyway. I took the chance. It's in D1 now, sequenced for production on 10/28 and will be delivered around 11/6 which was my original ETA provided by FCA.
Sponsored