Invoice Price at Dealer Not Matching Up

JohnF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willy's
I went to the dealer today to order my JLUR. I'm a bit of an analytical person (and having been ripped off by dealers in the past) I have learned to go over every line number. For some reason the invoice price he showed me is higher ($1,551 to be exact) than what I have seen here on the forum. Also the Infotainment Group is higher, both the MSRP and Invoice, than I have seen anywhere. Even on Jeep.com the Infotainment is listed as $1,295 MSRP and this is showing it as $1,495.

Has anyone else seen these numbers anywhere? Is this dealer just trying to take me for a ride or what?

unnamed.jpg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I went to the dealer today to order my JLUR. I'm a bit of an analytical person (and having been ripped off by dealers in the past) I have learned to go over every line number. For some reason the invoice price he showed me is higher ($1,551 to be exact) than what I have seen here on the forum. Also the Infotainment Group is higher, both the MSRP and Invoice, than I have seen anywhere. Even on Jeep.com the Infotainment is listed as $1,295 MSRP and this is showing it as $1,495.

Has anyone else seen these numbers anywhere? Is this dealer just trying to take me for a ride or what?

unnamed.jpg
Well there’s $3000 wrapped up in your top options. The $200 change is legit. The Jeep builder is wrong. It charges the same price for the infotainment group that includes alpine and the alpine system all by itself.

OP
OP
JohnF

JohnF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willy's
Invoice price matches the order guide: Official 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Order Guide (4-Door JLU - U.S.). Order bank is open!

It is known that the Infotainment price has gone up to $1,495 MSRP.
Thanks, I see what I did wrong. I got the invoice price from an old post before all the right numbers were out. I think I had been up for about 3 days when I made my spreadsheet. I hadn't heard about the Infotainment increase. Weird that they haven't updated it on the Jeep.com website.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. I'll be ordering in the morning!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, I see what I did wrong. I got the invoice price from an old post before all the right numbers were out. I think I had been up for about 3 days when I made my spreadsheet. I hadn't heard about the Infotainment increase. Weird that they haven't updated it on the Jeep.com website.

Anyway thanks for the feedback. I'll be ordering in the morning!
Nice looking Jeep. Congratulations!

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Looks like the Electronic Infotainment System Group dropped back down to $1295 I just saw that. I ordered mine at $1495 but i will be discussing that $200 difference when i get delivery.
Where did you see it go down? I just ordered 20 minutes ago and it is still $1495.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's wrong.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It's wrong.
Yeah, the builder has always stated it was $1295. Not sure why Jeep has not fixed some of the things on there. It can’t be that difficult to update and fix some of the errors and glitches. Especially as long as it has been up.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s always been $1295 on there but when I ordered on 12/29 it was $1495.

Folks, Priced Order Confirmations have this at the bottom (at least on mine).

Note: This is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or
correction without prior notice. No claims against the content listed or prices quoted will be accepted. Refer to the vehicle invoice for final
vehicle content and pricing. Orders are accepted only when the vehicle is shipped by the factory

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s always been $1295 on there but when I ordered on 12/29 it was $1495.
I looked at it and printed it out the other day and it said $1495. Im still going to use it as leverage to get something off. Even if its floor-mats :)

Aomathur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon

unnamed.jpg
What about destination charge of $1195? I don't see that here, does it need to be paid or can be negotiated?
Sponsored