Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
This is my third Jeep, and after my last two JK's (first a 2 door, then a 4 door became necessary), I went briefly to the dark side with a fast and quiet BMW which spent more time in the shop than on the road in the few months I owned it. BMW bought the car back, and it's back to Jeep!

Got this diesel Rubicon last week and am already smitten by the power, gas mileage and how quiet it is compared to my past JK.

No significant mods planned. I live in Las Vegas, so the windows will get some extra tint. I did install blackvue cameras as well as the battery pack and a radar detector. Everything wired up nicely to the aux power options in the passenger foot well.

I go out in dirt a lot, but don't do any major rock crawling so it's already over built for what I use it for. Dirt trails to remote camping sites and glorious views of nature is pretty much my bag.

The only cool mod I have planned is to replace the rock rails with Westin Snyper Triple Tube Rock Rails to provide a little step up and hopefully keep (at least) the same level of current protection.

Thanks for letting me rejoin your club!

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD DSC_0075
Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
This is my third Jeep, and after my last two JK's (first a 2 door, then a 4 door became necessary), I went briefly to the dark side with a fast and quiet BMW which spent more time in the shop than on the road in the few months I owned it. BMW bought the car back, and it's back to Jeep!

Got this diesel Rubicon last week and am already smitten by the power, gas mileage and how quiet it is compared to my past JK.

No significant mods planned. I live in Las Vegas, so the windows will get some extra tint. I did install blackvue cameras as well as the battery pack and a radar detector. Everything wired up nicely to the aux power options in the passenger foot well.

I go out in dirt a lot, but don't do any major rock crawling so it's already over built for what I use it for. Dirt trails to remote camping sites and glorious views of nature is pretty much my bag.

The only cool mod I have planned is to replace the rock rails with Westin Snyper Triple Tube Rock Rails to provide a little step up and hopefully keep (at least) the same level of current protection.

Thanks for letting me rejoin your club!

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD DSC_0075
Welcome to the forum. My son lives in Vegas also and he just bought a new 2 door jeep last month.
Here is a pic of my diesel, I kinda went too far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD 8969BFE4-D4F4-471A-A41D-942A0DBF9925

OP
OP
xylodan

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Nothing special yet...
Added some necessary tint. LLumar ceramic.
35% added to front and rear making the rear at around 20% with the front at 35%. Definite improvement in keeping things cooler on the inside.

Currently researching rear bumpers that will raise the tire up a bit (to accomodate a Wilco Swing Arm I have that allows me to two while also having a bike rack attached that I can swing out of the way to get to the back and let the dogs out.). Also want the storage benefits of diesel fuel storage and my top pick is the AEV rear bumper, but man... The cost of that one is way up there...

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD 9d390db4-bbc3-4ca5-bdce-7fa6291ce3be

Last edited:
OP
OP
xylodan

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Not really picture worthy IMO, but have added:
Blackvue 900X dashcam as well as battery pack - Hard wired to passenger side cluster
Valentine 1 Radar Detector Hard Wired to Aux 4 (Really cool having a power on/off for this so easily accessible)
Rugged Ridge Door Sill Guards
Weathertech Cargo Area Mat
Mopar Grab Handles
Offroam Iphone Holder (Really neat design and very solid)
Bartact Rear Seat Covers - Really nice fit... I never intended to get them for the front, but am considering because I feel like the corner of my seat is going to take a beating getting in and out, but hopefully that will be mitigated by what's in the mail, which is...

In the mail are Westin Snyper Triple Tube Rock Rails/Steps which is the first add-on that I'm actually excited about. I'm hoping the step will help prevent the beating that the corner of the seat is going to take by getting in and out of the Jeep. This means that I have the Rubi-Rock Rails for sale if anyone is interested. Located near Las Vegas, NV.

Here's a picture of the Rugged Ridge Sill Guards. I went with these because they cover the highest spot of the door sill which the Mopar ones oddly don't cover.

d824d259-c7af-d10d-706a-2c8b4aebe418.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
xylodan

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Added some Westin Snyper Triple Tube Rock Rails/Sliders and I figure these are picture worthy.
Solid construction and frame mounted so overall I'm pretty happy.
I don't love the U-Bolt fastener in the front, but I see why they went that route.
I don't have the squeaking issues others have reported and I also learned you can install these without even touching the middle frame/body bolt which is torqued really high and hard to loosen.

My OCD side doesn't love the visible pinch seem and there's an expensive option in these: https://www.extremeterrain.com/hamm...nch-weld-cover-600-56-0759-jeep-wrangler.html

Or there's a much cheaper option which a nice forum member suggested from Amazon which is nothing more than a U shaped plastic strip that would slide over the seem...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KGAKG2...lja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

I'll probably opt for the more expensive bolt on solution.

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD eba21503-57e9-15b4-3e76-b20184ebc668

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD 473d08e3-19cc-5a1c-0ae5-195fed35a359

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD 5f852a4f-eabe-e99e-0ff8-f7b9853f11de

Jeep Wrangler JL Introducing Snow Dog - 2021 JLURD eb483bc2-9c0c-c86c-aabb-3f9b01128d21

OP
OP
xylodan

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Wrapped up my AEV Rear bumper/tire carrier/fuel caddy install.

Incredibly pleased that it raises the tire enough to use this wilco Hitch Swing Arm without any adapter/extender. Now I can still tow while having a bike rack (or cargo bin/rack) on there and also swing the bikes out of the way and get in the back. Extra nice that with no bike rack attached (or folding bike rack down) I can open the trunk without having to touch the swing arm.

5f0cde2e-d40c-4347-0b65-8e6febccd4ff.jpg

e69c0770-4a6d-5625-281d-0d031874091a.jpg
Sponsored