Introducing our new Mule Ultra Mid-Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota, Jeep, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge
Our team just wrapped up our trip down at Easter Jeep Safari this past week and with it, a new product we're excited to show off!

First, our Mule Ultra Mid-Rack design was shown off by our friends over at Fat Bob's Garage here in Utah and allows for use of the JL's freedom panels. This smaller footprint design still allows for a decent amount of carrying capacity and capable of running a 40" led light bar with an optional light bar cutout on the front fascia.

As with our full-width Expedition Rack model, there's no drilling involved and is made of lightweight all-aluminum construction.

$1499.99 - Complete product (powder coat included)
Store Link

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Love your designs but these pictures really don’t show much detail... mounting, tie downs, etc

Do your racks use slotted hardware for tie downs (eye bolts etc) like Front Runner or?

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like this. The rack is rated for a lot of weight without drilling. I had relegated myself to either drilling or no rack, so this complicates my decision making!

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love your designs but these pictures really don’t show much detail... mounting, tie downs, etc

Do your racks use slotted hardware for tie downs (eye bolts etc) like Front Runner or?
Our racks do work with most universal mounting solutions and utilize our side railing/fascia tie down points shown in the attached photo. The load bars themselves are a proprietary in-house design that works specifically for our roof rack products. Hopefully this provides enough information!

*Shown below is our Toyota Tundra rack for reference purposes

Ex1 Rack Sample.png

Last edited:

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The load bars themselves are a proprietary in-house design that works specifically for our roof rack products.
I think it's clear now how I'd attach a cargo net or something like that, but otherwise I'm stumped. I've searched the Expedition One Store for useful accessories to use with your proprietary load bars, and find nothing. You know, how do I attach a spare? A Jerry can? Rotopax? Maxtrax? A shovel or axe? You know, stuff you often want to secure to a rack. Stuff like every other rack on the planet offers? You must be hiding them somewhere out of my sight. It's probably obvious, and I'll be embarrassed when you point it out.

Sponsored

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Our racks do work with most universal mounting solutions and utilize our side railing/fascia tie down points shown in the attached photo. The load bars themselves are a proprietary in-house design that works specifically for our roof rack products. Hopefully this provides enough information!

*Shown below is our Toyota Tundra rack for reference purposes

Ex1 Rack Sample.png
I think it's clear now how I'd attach a cargo net or something like that, but otherwise I'm stumped. I've searched the Expedition One Store for useful accessories to use with your proprietary load bars, and find nothing. You know, how do I attach a spare? A Jerry can? Rotopax? Maxtrax? A shovel or axe? You know, stuff you often want to secure to a rack. Stuff like every other rack on the planet offers? You must be hiding them somewhere out of my sight. It's probably obvious, and I'll be embarrassed when you point it out.
+1

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are certainly working on additional in-house mounting options for things like shovel/axe (photo below shows the mounting clamps on our bed rack system) that are currently in prototyping. However, we did design the mount points on the internal side railing and side fascia to accept most universal mounting solutions commonly found at Frontrunner Outfitters and others. We're also wrapping up final testing on roof top tent specific load bars that are wider and stronger that makes installing/removing of an RTT from the rack very easy that we're excited to share soon.

accessory_mount.jpg

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Will this fit with a sunrider open? Also would love to see a half height option for those of us who have to deal with garages.

OP
OP
Expedition One

Expedition One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will this fit with a sunrider open? Also would love to see a half height option for those of us who have to deal with garages.
It should work just fine with the sunrider as it should rest onto the front wind deflector there. Half height racks are something we are keen to do but likely won't be brought to market until next year sometime.

Sponsored

Andras

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR4, Jeep Wrangler JL
how much does it add to the height of the wrangler?

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Does this fit 2-door JLs? It's unclear from here and I can't find any compatibility for the product on your site.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.