Introducing Hothead Headliners for JL

1. PositveOX

PositveOX New Member

Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler JL, Firecracker Red
    Liked:
    RockinMarine... Your headliner looks amazing. What color did you use since it looks like a perfect match. Can you give an update on how the paint has performed over the last several months? Thanks!

2. dugout68

dugout68 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Doug
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR (ordered), 2018 Dodge Durango GT, 2015 Wrangler JKU
    Liked:
    Business Analyst
    Garage Profiles:
    These are awesome, had them in my 2015 JKU.
    Easy install, with the sound assassin strips and the side walls.
    Being in FL, these made a noticeable difference in weather and noise reduction.
    Highly recommend.

Hothead Headliners likes this.
  3. Skipswift

Skipswift Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Wouldn't it be better to have a solution with sound proofing material that covers the entire underside of the top and not just the grooves?

4. diisles

diisles New Member

First Name:
    David
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLR
    Liked:
    When will you guys decide to ship to the U.S. Virgin Islands? I was so excited to order this and then when i choose Virgin islands on the shipping cost calculator I get the dreaded "we don't ship to this location" message :-(( So many jeep owners down here would love this product! You can PM me if you would like to arrange something for the thousands of jeeps here!

5. chacomaya

chacomaya Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Installed these headliners along with the sound assassin strips into our JLU and they are absolutely great. Well worth the investment from a sound standpoint. We'll have to wait until we head down to Death Valley early next year to see how they do in sun and heat, but I can't imagine they'll be anything short of awesome.

Hothead Headliners likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners Active Member
    Summit Sponsor (Level 3)

First Name:
    Mark Ambrose
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
    Liked:
    Hi Everyone,
    Hothead Headliners want to thank everyone for taking the time to write all of the great reviews. We do our best to build a quality product and provide exceptional customer service. If anyone every as any issues with our headliners my personal cell number is below.
    Along with the thanks I want to let anyone interested know that Hothead Headliners is having a 10% off Holiday sale through the end of the year. If you have any questions drop us a line or give us a call.
    Email: [email protected]
    Web site link: Hothead Headliners
    714-872-2071
    Happy Holidays
    Mark
    460 x 290.jpg Instagram 5.jpg

7. charitysteve

charitysteve Member

First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle(s):
    JlU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Mark,

I called you regarding a headliner for my sky one touch top. I took pictured and can send them to you. I am trying to make something using some hardboard, foam and moving blankets. My wife will doing the sewing and I think I am going to do a piece that goes over the front seats and then a piece over the rear seats.

Just so the foum knows, the sky one touch top is great. If you get a Thule cargo box though, the wind noise is brutal at freeway speed. I tried moving the cargo box around and having it more towards the back helps a bit. The thule faring helps a little too. I am going to make a removable headliner that uses velcro around the roll cage. Then I am using hardboard for sturdiness and it can rest on the middle rollbar ledge and a small ledge on the front roof.

I still would love something made my a professional but I will do my best.

8. 5280

5280 Active Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    JLUR
    Liked:
    Ordered mine. Very excited to get this installed. Had to wait to order till I had my daughters Christmas paid for.

9. StrikeZ

StrikeZ Well-Known Member

First Name:
    TJ
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (JL)
    Liked:
    I ordered and can’t wait for a warmish day to install. I had a Sahara with factory and will be able to compare.

10. millerjl

millerjl Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chuck
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Working on installing mine right now. Going slow as I get a warm day and run the heater for a while, doing a section at a time. Had a question today and called Mark’s cell. Answered right away and answered my question. You can’t get any better service than that. Keep doing what your doing, the Jeep community appreciates it.

Kezza likes this.
  11. Lou3.6

Lou3.6 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
    Liked:
    Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
    Happy to see this being rehashed/expanded with more coverage from the Forum ! I had Bookmarked 'HotHead' last week and look forward to "the Day" ! This Idea of the Paint or Rhino the border I hadn't thought of (yet) - but it certainly would solve that issue, if it were an issue for some, NICE ! If I may be a bit bold -- I was investigating, in the Interior section, and the Thread on "black shading" the windows for sleeping purposes ! I went to YouTube to watch the Video of the man with the ingenious idea of "How To" make His Insulated black out Inserts for the JL Windows . Very Cool ! May I suggest to 'HotHead' to come up with HIS Idea for accomplishing the Same goal ! IF He were to take this on - perhaps making it possible to expand his small Company (a good thing), AND if the same Quality and Functionality were evident . . . well needless to say, I could guarantee at least one SALE (make that 2 with the Headliners) ;) :like: ! Seriously though, HotHead should check out that video and a few others shown in a general YouTube search and "Go From Their" ! I bet MANY of us here at the Forum would be very Interested, especially the ones who DO GO OFF ROAD to CAMP & OverLand . . . etc. like me ! Perhaps you've already gave it thought ?
    Any one else ready to commit on "window shades" that Insulate too ?

12. Kezza

Kezza Active Member

First Name:
    Kerry
    Vehicle(s):
    Y62
    Liked:
    hi, aside from the roof box making loads of noise, how would rate the sky top for normal noise etc etc against the 3pcs or the soft top?
    would you get it again given the chance ?

13. grein46087

grein46087 New Member

First Name:
    Hans
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JL
    Liked:
    Do you have screen shots of the different color options - other than black, I have a Tan interior on my Jeep

14. OP
    OP
    Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners Active Member
    Summit Sponsor (Level 3)

First Name:
    Mark Ambrose
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
    Liked:
    The front panel sitting on the seat is the Lt Beige which is the closest color we can get to the Heritage Tan leather.

colors 2.png

20181224_163053.jpg