Sponsored

Intro and Spacer Lift Questions

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I'm getting new wheels. What is the proper backspace/offset for those?
You will get way too many opinions on this, but I think AEV did their research and came up with +25mm offset.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm going to try and summarize ...

Either 35's or 37's ...
- Tazer (or similar)
- LCA's (adjustable for 37's)
- Spare Tire Relocations - Seems to be mixed feelings here

35's
- Nothing Special - Can throw on stock suspension.

37's
- Front Track Bar
- Rear Track Bar or Relocation Bracket
- AEV Spacer Lift

So some more questions ...
- I'm getting new wheels. What is the proper backspace/offset for those?
- Anything I'm missing?
- Does it make sense to update any other components now if going to 37's? Brakes? Steering?

Thanks for the advice guys.
At this point, we can be more help to you once you’ve decided on what your gonna do.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
So you don't have a spare relocation bracket?
That is correct. No relocation at all. If you have the steel bumper package it won’t fit but will with the plastic bumpers. There are different holes for the third brake light so I stretched that out.

OP
OP
Beams37

Beams37

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
At this point, we can be more help to you once you’ve decided on what your gonna do.
I completely agree.

So, 37's are my primary route. If it gets too complicated, then I will drop to 35's and I think I have that under control.

So, let's just talk 37" for now.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I completely agree.

So, 37'sm are my primary route. If it gets too complicated, then I will drop to 35's and I think I have that under control.

So, let's just talk 37" for now.
Ok, this is just my .02 ...... based on your first post where you said primarily mall crawler , with occasional dirt road, you don’t need to do anything more than what you listed in your last summarization. In fact you really could get away with teraflex 1.5” spacer lift and won’t need track bars. Just get you some Mopar lift lcas and call it a day.
But my guess is your intended use is going to change, so the less you do now to run 37s the less it will hurt when you decide to put on your suspension lift.......:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beams37

Beams37

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, this is just my .02 ...... based on your first post where you said primarily mall crawler , with occasional dirt road, you don’t need to do anything more than what you listed in your last summarization. In fact you really could get away with teraflex 1.5” spacer lift and won’t need track bars. Just get you some Mopar lift lcas and call it a day.
But my guess is your intended use is going to change, so the less you do now to run 37s the less it will hurt when you decide to put on your suspension lift.......:)
One of my biggest concerns with 37's is braking. Do I need to do anything with the brakes when I go to 37's?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
One of my biggest concerns with 37's is braking. Do I need to do anything with the brakes when I go to 37's?
No , the Rubi brakes work fine on mine, opinions may vary, but that’s not something I’ve heard any complaints on.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
No need to re-gear with 37s for mostly daily driving and mild off-roading. I always recommend the tazer mini, it’s one of my favorite mods.

Eventually you’ll want to upgrade your steering components, over time 37s will take their toll on the factory tie rod, drag link, steering stabilizer , ball joints , etc......

Depending on which lift you go with, whether or not you’ll have to buy those parts you listed separately or not.

Also the factory tire carrier on the Rubi will carry a 37, I ran my 37 on beadlock rim on my factory tire carrier for months with no issues for everyday driving, but It rattled when wheeling, so I got an EVO carrier, it replaces the hinges, not just reinforce them.

But you can get by with a reinforcement bracket for your intended use.
how about 35's on a sport? 34's on a sport? I dont want to regear. Also will lower fixed mopar control arm son my stock set up fix steering? Would I need a new track bar too? steering tie rod and drag link update too

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
how about 35's on a sport? 34's on a sport? I dont want to regear. Also will lower fixed mopar control arm son my stock set up fix steering? Would I need a new track bar too? steering tie rod and drag link update too
Some guys with the 8 speed auto on their sport/Sahara say it’s ok with 35s. I’ve seen more complaints from the manual trans guys. It’s subjective though, you’d have to drive it and be the judge.

Mopar lift control arms will help with wandering on the Rubi because it’s lower on caster than the sport. With the sport , you should already be in the high 5 to 6 degree range of caster. If your not, then yes the arms will help.

No need to replace track bar, tie rod, or drag link if not lifted until they start causing issues.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Some guys with the 8 speed auto on their sport/Sahara say it’s ok with 35s. I’ve seen more complaints from the manual trans guys. It’s subjective though, you’d have to drive it and be the judge.

Mopar lift control arms will help with wandering on the Rubi because it’s lower on caster than the sport. With the sport , you should already be in the high 5 to 6 degree range of caster. If your not, then yes the arms will help.

No need to replace track bar, tie rod, or drag link if not lifted until they start causing issues.
appreciate the jeep wisdom my friend...
Sponsored