First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Let’s just say it’s a reliable, capable vehicle likely out of your price range and interest. I wish the wrangler group took quality seriously because my time and money are important to me.

LMAO!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Into the dealership, again. giphy
Sponsored

Spikemydoggie

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangle JL
3. This doesn't exist.
4. Probably related to #5
5. I assume you mean after the updated steering gear was installed.
I know the feeling my jeep has been in the shop for 30 days now and the dealership is now saying nest week before the parts come in but when I called dodge Jeep Chrysler they are saying it now till the middle of the month before the parts are in . I dont have a second vehicle and been using my buddies car that he doesn’t use. This is twice i took the Jeep in for the same problem.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I know the feeling my jeep has been in the shop for 30 days now and the dealership is now saying nest week before the parts come in but when I called dodge Jeep Chrysler they are saying it now till the middle of the month before the parts are in . I dont have a second vehicle and been using my buddies car that he doesn’t use. This is twice i took the Jeep in for the same problem.
Why did you not request the dealer provide a loaner car when you dropped your jeep off? If they are out of loaners, they can rent one for you. It also helps to motivate them to fix your vehicle. :beer:

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Update:
Dealership has it back from getting it painted. They had to strip the entire hood, because they said the factory didnt primer it, and the metal between the hood and hinge was uncoated. At least that is what I was told.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Let’s just say it’s a reliable, capable vehicle likely out of your price range and interest. I wish the wrangler group took quality seriously because my time and money are important to me.
quite the douche comment. you don't know what anyone's price range is.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Well then, pass the Grey Poupon!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Update:
Dealership has it back from getting it painted. They had to strip the entire hood, because they said the factory didnt primer it, and the metal between the hood and hinge was uncoated. At least that is what I was told.
Not surprising...are you still going without a loaner vehicle?

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not surprising...are you still going without a loaner vehicle?
No loaner, and still at the dealership. They said the grease splatters were from a pully(like I suggested to them). So, they told me they are.replacing three of them. I guess they couldnt figure out which one is the defective one, and one is on order.
So, I've been daily driving my 2006 Dodge.2500 4x4 Diesel. Love that truck. I wouldnt want to drive one of their crappy little loaner cars, anyway. Besides, the truck needs to be driven, every.now and again.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
No loaner, and still at the dealership. They said the grease splatters were from a pully(like I suggested to them). So, they told me they are.replacing three of them. I guess they couldnt figure out which one is the defective one, and one is on order.
So, I've been daily driving my 2006 Dodge.2500 4x4 Diesel. Love that truck. I wouldnt want to drive one of their crappy little loaner cars, anyway. Besides, the truck needs to be driven, every.now and again.
Not surprising...How long have they had your jeep? They provided me a 2019 wrangler as a loaner twice and a ford explorer rental once.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not surprising...How long have they had your jeep? They provided me a 2019 wrangler as a loaner twice and a ford explorer rental once.
Sept 2020. They mentioned a rental car, but I passed.
I will call today and find out just how long they plan on keeping it.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Sept 2020. They mentioned a rental car, but I passed.
I will call today and find out just how long they plan on keeping it.
Wow...unbelievable that you've put up with them keeping it 5 months and they still dont have it fixed.:surprised:

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow...unbelievable that you've put up with them keeping it 5 months and they still dont have it fixed.:surprised:
No no no. Two weeks today. I misread your post, and mistyped. I bought the Jeep in 2018, and it was initially diagnosed with the Bubbles in paint, several months ago, they have had it for a couple of weeks now. I didnt have my reading glasses on. Sorry.

Last edited:

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
quite the douche comment. you don't know what anyone's price range is.
Sure I do. It’s about percentages. Most people want to be seen and waste money doing it. There are many stories about car salesman scavenging to find money for people on the economic fringe. I guess you don’t believe in facts.