Sponsored

Into the dealership, again.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sad, but I am becoming fairly familiar with the service department.
Todays list of work needed. I'm fast becoming tired of warranty work.
1. Rear window defrost cable. It was in for it once, but the fix didnt hold.
2. Bubbling on the hood, around the hinge. Diagnosed prior. Now, getting addressed.
3. Squealing from the alternator(accessory) belt.
4. Weird slung oil, from around the alternator.
5. Power steering pump completely empty, a few months after the updated one was installed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
2. Bubbling on the hold, around the hinge. Diagnosed prior. Not getting addressed.
3. Squealing from the fan belt.
5. Power steering pump completely empty, a few months after the updated one was installed.
3. This doesn't exist.
4. Probably related to #5
5. I assume you mean after the updated steering gear was installed.

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
2. Bubbling on the hold, around the hinge. Diagnosed prior. Not getting addressed.
3. Squealing from the fan belt.
I know the feeling but I’ll just chime in on one of the issues. For number 1, the fix on the cable for my wife’s Jeep lasted the drive home. Took it to a more competent dealer who tried the fix and it failed on them fairly quickly. They ended up replacing the whole glass and it’s holding so far. Just sharing my experience. Good luck.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Hate to hear about that man.

What year Jeep?

GPWER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2DR JL RUBICON
I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, I also sadly was a fix and dealer addicted, fixing the misenginered parts, the poor quality, paint, fit and finish, electrical issues blown out shocks and the no dealer no manufacturer support!! Today I picked up my new Toyota 4runner. I tell all my friends that have thought about a jeep not to. More importantly I don't lie or distort my issues and sadly I still have to maintain my wife's and daughters. I will never make that mistake ever again. I hope you are able to get your issues resolved good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3. This doesn't exist.
4. Probably related to #5
5. I assume you mean after the updated steering gear was installed.
I know what a belt squeal is. But yes, it isnt a fan belt, it is the alternator belt, or accessory belt. I will correct the "Faux Pas".

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to hear about that man.

What year Jeep?
2018. I love driving this thing around, but I have never owned a vehicle so prone to issues. It only has 16,700 miles on it, and I have have it in for several other things as well. I'm looking for reasons not to sell it, and find something more reliable.
I once owned a 1986 Corvette, and loved driving it around. It was a great car, when it wasnt in the shop, for many many issues. And that car was babied.
So, I am now driving my trusted old oil burner, a 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4, 5.9l Cummins. 183,000 miles, with the only issue ever being the A/C system, which now works. My wife and I are glad I refused to sell my truck, the longer I have the Jeep.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
2018. I love driving this thing around, but I have never owned a vehicle so prone to issues. It only has 16,700 miles on it, and I have have it in for several other things as well. I'm looking for reasons not to sell it, and find something more reliable.
I once owned a 1986 Corvette, and loved driving it around. It was a great car, when it wasnt in the shop, for many many issues. And that car was babied.
So, I am now driving my trusted old oil burner, a 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4, 5.9l Cummins. 183,000 miles, with the only issue ever being the A/C system, which now works. My wife and I are glad I refused to sell my truck, the longer I have the Jeep.
The 5.9 Cummins is perhaps the most solid Diesel engine of the last 20 years. That pickup will last you a very long time (barring front end rebuilds that cost out the ass).
Sucks that your Jeep is giving you so many problems. Mine has been nearly flawless for 40k miles. The dealership is a bad place to be.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 5.9 Cummins is perhaps the most solid Diesel engine of the last 20 years. That pickup will last you a very long time (barring front end rebuilds that cost out the ass).
Sucks that your Jeep is giving you so many problems. Mine has been nearly flawless for 40k miles. The dealership is a bad place to be.
I've rebuilt the front end once, but lucky for me, I had connections, and I have put about 100,000 miles on it since. The engine and tranny(fingers crossed) are still going strong. I only drive it once or twice a month, and don't have the heart to sell it, even though I have been offered $6,000 less than I paid for it new, and those offers were less than a year ago.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
3. Squealing from the alternator(accessory) belt.
What updated power steering pump? There's been an update? What is the difference between the original and the updated pump?

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What updated power steering pump? There's been an update? What is the difference between the original and the updated pump?
Original is aluminum, updated is steel and black. Your 2021 might have the updated one in it already.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, I also sadly was a fix and dealer addicted, fixing the misenginered parts, the poor quality, paint, fit and finish, electrical issues blown out shocks and the no dealer no manufacturer support!! Today I picked up my new Toyota 4runner. I tell all my friends that have thought about a jeep not to. More importantly I don't lie or distort my issues and sadly I still have to maintain my wife's and daughters. I will never make that mistake ever again. I hope you are able to get your issues resolved good luck.
Polar opposite situation here... I fought with Toyota for 2 years with the problems my new 2018 4Runner had before I gave her the 'Ole Kabash! Seems Ike the Toyota reputation for reliability is becoming more and more of a myth nowadays... Oh what a feeling? Not for me!

Been issue free with our new 2020 Willys JLU since April and 13k miles!

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Original is aluminum, updated is steel and black. Your 2021 might have the updated one in it already.
It sounds like you are referring to the power steering GEAR BOX, not the pump. The pump is the same one, and has not been replaced with a newer version.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like you are referring to the power steering GEAR BOX, not the pump. The pump is the same one, and has not been replaced with a newer version.
Yes, Gearbox. .

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got a call from the dealership today. The body shop will have to keep the Jeep a little longer. Instead of just fixing the bubbles area around the hood hinge, they painted the entire hood, and are going to redo the decals I had on it, before giving it back to the dealership. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored