Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I just encountered this issue with my 2019 JL Rubicon, the dealership stated that the fuse is blown and will need to be replaced. I’m based in “Kuwait” and the part isn’t available here and will need to be overnighted from overseas.

i had shut off the jeep to go to a supermarket and it wouldn’t turn back on.. kept trying until it started and gave me all kinds of warnings..

the dealership ran a test on both batteries and they are fine and determined that the fuse is blow.. will receive the jeep back after the part arrives

34B467A0-7E3F-4B6A-A2F7-28F96239938F.jpeg
A5CEC588-9A26-43A6-BBAE-5AA34CCFCCE5.jpeg
203B107B-88D2-45D9-AD85-AEF79AA53F2D.jpeg
721C73B2-2EE5-4949-B099-9B2ABEDFD302.jpeg
Some believe its good @Faresalsal to stock a replacement high amp fuse bar (the thing you needed) even if a dealership is down the road and in the US, let alone at your more distant locale. :)
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
To make this thread current/accurate..

On edit 2/19/21

DO know that there are 2 different Mopar Z Case Fuse Array's for the JL/JT that you can buy.

IF you have the tow package you need to use 68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, not the 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array that JL/JT's that do not have the tow package use.

will516713

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just encountered this issue with my 2019 JL Rubicon, the dealership stated that the fuse is blown and will need to be replaced. I’m based in “Kuwait” and the part isn’t available here and will need to be overnighted from overseas.

i had shut off the jeep to go to a supermarket and it wouldn’t turn back on.. kept trying until it started and gave me all kinds of warnings..

the dealership ran a test on both batteries and they are fine and determined that the fuse is blow.. will receive the jeep back after the part arrives

34B467A0-7E3F-4B6A-A2F7-28F96239938F.jpeg
A5CEC588-9A26-43A6-BBAE-5AA34CCFCCE5.jpeg
203B107B-88D2-45D9-AD85-AEF79AA53F2D.jpeg
721C73B2-2EE5-4949-B099-9B2ABEDFD302.jpeg
Any updates? My ESS has not been working for a while, ended up taking a road trip and barely made it to my destination. Had the dashboard light up just like yours and lost all power. Had it towed to the dealership this morning and they are telling me the batteries were fine (to my surprise) and that I needed a new PDC... they did not clarify if it was the fuse cluster or the entire PDC.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Any updates? My ESS has not been working for a while, ended up taking a road trip and barely made it to my destination. Had the dashboard light up just like yours and lost all power. Had it towed to the dealership this morning and they are telling me the batteries were fine (to my surprise) and that I needed a new PDC... they did not clarify if it was the fuse cluster or the entire PDC.
@Faresalsal

Make sure that your problem isn't merely a blow fuse or two in the high amp fuses of the PDC, as opposed to the entire PDC, which is far more expensive to replace than just the fuses, and otherwise includes this high amp fuse part:

If any one fuse on this set blows you will though have to buy the entire set of fuses anew. But you may not need an entire PDC.

will516713

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@Faresalsal

Make sure that your problem isn't merely a blow fuse or two in the high amp fuses of the PDC, as opposed to the entire PDC, which is far more expensive to replace than just the fuses, and otherwise includes this high amp fuse part:

If any one fuse on this set blows you will though have to buy the entire set of fuses anew. But you may not need an entire PDC.
Yea and this is exactly why I’m glad I ran into this thread, thankfully I’m under warranty still and I’m paying nothing out of pocket either way. But from the cost she told me on the phone (she said it was about a $700 repair if I was out of warranty) I’m assuming it’s the entire PDC.

just keeps me wondering though. This all started when my ESS stopped working couple months ago (which lead me to believe this whole situation was an aux battery issue). I would have assumed that if it was a PDC issue, all this would have happened at once and not over time.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea and this is exactly why I’m glad I ran into this thread, thankfully I’m under warranty still and I’m paying nothing out of pocket either way. But from the cost she told me on the phone (she said it was about a $700 repair if I was out of warranty) I’m assuming it’s the entire PDC.

just keeps me wondering though. This all started when my ESS stopped working couple months ago (which lead me to believe this whole situation was an aux battery issue). I would have assumed that if it was a PDC issue, all this would have happened at once and not over time.
@will516713

Well... if they tell you they will have your JL a week or more as they have to wait for a PDC to arrive at the dealership, then you might want to talk to the Service Manager and mention to him about the probability that it is just the fuse array in the PDC that needs replacing and not the whole PDC. Probability is very high, that it is just the fuse array that needs replacement.

Predatorjl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU Mojito
So I am having all the same issues and have changed both batteries checked all grounds and the fuse array but the dealer ship gave me 8853 not 8854. I have the tow package. I'm still having all the same problems. Can the fuse array be the issue not having the right one.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I am having all the same issues and have changed both batteries checked all grounds and the fuse array but the dealer ship gave me 8853 not 8854. I have the tow package. I'm still having all the same problems. Can the fuse array be the issue not having the right one.
@Predatorjl

Should make no difference...
....only difference between the 2 fuse arrays is the array used with the JL with the tow package has 100 amp for the Fan versus 60 amp for the Fan on the no tow package JL.

68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array (has the 60 amp fan fuse)
68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array.... (has the 100 amp fan fuse)

DO get dipshit dealer to give you the correct array for your JL!

Predatorjl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU Mojito
@Predatorjl

....only difference between the 2 fuse arrays is the array used with the JL with the tow package has 100 amp for the Fan versus 60 amp for the Fan on the no tow package JL.

I will on Monday

BreakersRoar

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
@Predatorjl

Hey sorry i know this is old. My ESS has never really worked. I replaced the AUX battery( I did this the "easy way " and did not find it easy at all) and the main battery tonight. When I started the Jeep, everything was throwing errors and told me it was going to turn off soon. I put the N3 wire in the blank N4 fuse and everything seemed to work.

My question is - when you say tow package - do you mean any tow package? or the max tow? I have the non max tow.

Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group $795 Auxiliary Switches Class II Receiver Hitch 7– and 4–Pin Wiring Harness 240 Amp Alternator 700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Thank you!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey sorry i know this is old. My ESS has never really worked. I replaced the AUX battery( I did this the "easy way " and did not find it easy at all) and the main battery tonight. When I started the Jeep, everything was throwing errors and told me it was going to turn off soon. I put the N3 wire in the blank N4 fuse and everything seemed to work.

My question is - when you say tow package - do you mean any tow package? or the max tow? I have the non max tow.

Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group $795 Auxiliary Switches Class II Receiver Hitch 7– and 4–Pin Wiring Harness 240 Amp Alternator 700 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Thank you!
@BreakersRoar

I'm unclear in regard to some of what you have said....

In regard to the factory installed "tow package" on a 2018 JL, your JL either has the Trailer Tow package or not...... And there is no "max tow package" offering in regard to a Wrangler JL.

IF your JL has the tow package option you would want to use the 68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array which has the 100 amp fan fuse.

You can verify the part # on the high amp fuse array by looking at the part number stamped on it.
Also, using your Vin# a Mopar parts guy can look up and tell you which fuse array to use on your JL.

BreakersRoar

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
@BreakersRoar

I'm unclear in regard to some of what you have said....

In regard to the factory installed "tow package" on a 2018 JL, your JL either has the Trailer Tow package or not...... And there is no "max tow package" offering in regard to a Wrangler JL.

IF your JL has the tow package option you would want to use the 68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array which has the 100 amp fan fuse.

You can verify the part # on the high amp fuse array by looking at the part number stamped on it.
Also, using your Vin# a Mopar parts guy can look up and tell you which fuse array to use on your JL.
I was thinking there was a tow package and a max tow package. Its been a while since I looked at options. I think the max tow was on the JT.

Thanks for the response!
Sponsored