Intermittent service axle lock

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Hey all, I’ve been getting a super random intermittent “service axle locker light” that will go on at completely random times regardless of 4wd or 2wd. It hasn’t caused any issues so far, axles lock with no issues at all. Went to my dealer and the said to come in when it’s on. Anyone have a fix for this? Heard it’s not super uncommon.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

They’re a lot of post about this it’s due to poor quality control on the axle sensor. It leaks oil into the sensor and cause it to fail. This will cause failure and keep you lockers from working. Take it in and get it on the record as there isn’t a cheap fix just yet for this. The dealers are doing full axle swaps because of this. Keep it under warranty while you can. Once the Jeep’s outta warranty you can use and after market unit to remove/ fake the sensor outb

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Hey all, I’ve been getting a super random intermittent “service axle locker light” that will go on at completely random times regardless of 4wd or 2wd. It hasn’t caused any issues so far, axles lock with no issues at all. Went to my dealer and the said to come in when it’s on. Anyone have a fix for this? Heard it’s not super uncommon.
You should read this thread, all of it.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/locker-position-sensor-potting-dana-44.59581/

OP
OP
Logan-Kn

Logan-Kn

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
Logan... that thread will bring tears of sadness and frustration to your eyes..
Yeah I’m trying to avoiding that at this point. Not really super interested in opening everything up being you can’t buy a new sensor for Dana.
Sponsored