Sponsored

Intermittent Flashing of ABS lights - solved

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
2019 JLUR

Just started yesterday and intermittent but flashing ABS when applying brake pressure. The strange thing is I had an oil change a week ago and they flashed the radio with a TSB update for a flickering radio screen. No idea if it’s a coincidence or not. Any ideas? It sure if video is uploading right. Still pic attached.

DEFB8CEE-F23C-4269-B68D-1BC0E06FFC0A.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
K. Just found out it’s the Tazer JL Mini and the new firmware update for brake hold. Probably should have read the update a little more thoroughly. 😊

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Scarr2k

YES.... good idea to always always, read and comprehend the info provided in regard to the Tazer JL firmware update youn are planning to load...... Joe @ ZAutomotive is adding and on occasion taking away or changing things lets say.

The particular firmware update that bit you so to speak, has bitten a few others here....

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
This one gave me a heart attack today! Then I remembered that it could be the brake hold (since I have not tested it out yet, I've only had the Tazer in now for a couple of days). Suggestion for Zautomotive - add a description stating the lights will flash in the user guide:

Jeep Wrangler JL Intermittent Flashing of ABS lights - solved 1629331682646

EDIT: just realized this isn't in the Zautomotive forum, will post a suggestion over there.

OP
OP
Scarr2k

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
This one gave me a heart attack today! Then I remembered that it could be the brake hold (since I have not tested it out yet, I've only had the Tazer in now for a couple of days). Suggestion for Zautomotive - add a description stating the lights will flash in the user guide:

very good point.

Sponsored

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

EDIT: just realized this isn't in the Zautomotive forum, will post a suggestion over there.
I thought this would be a good feature until wheeling in Moab this week. The problem is if you have to stop on a steep decline and the feature activities the only way to deactivate it is to press on the accelerator which is exactly what you do not want to do while on a very steep drop.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
I thought this would be a good feature until wheeling in Moab this week. The problem is if you have to stop on a steep decline and the feature activities the only way to deactivate it is to press on the accelerator which is exactly what you do not want to do while on a very steep drop.
The feature is disabled in 4LO in the newest firmware update.