Sponsored

Interior USB Ports Power OFF when Car is OFF???

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey, does anyone know how to disable the interior USB ports when the car is OFF? Right now, they stay hot for about an hour. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DToxic

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have exactly the same question!
I find it weird that the usb ports are always hot even when the jeep is locked...
Same. I’m wondering if they thought the USB ports would only be used for phones. So once the phone is fully charged, it would stop pulling juice on its own.

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Maybe, but who leaves his phone inside the car locked charging?...

I am trying to connect my dashcam to the usb port in the center console and I don’t like the idea of draining the battery

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
So what happens with these ports if you leave a micro USB drive plugged into it with music files. Does it still keep sending juice to it after the car is off?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DToxic

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I think a USB drive would behave differently. Since there’s no signal from the console, I don’t think it will sap energy. If it does for the LED lights, it will be much less than a dashcam would.

Agree with @EU_Wrangler, would like to plug in something like a dashcam with considerably more draw. Was hoping there was a simple fuse switch like for changing the behavior of the 12V socket in the trunk.

EU_Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR 2.2 EcoDiesel
Agree with @EU_Wrangler, would like to plug in something like a dashcam with considerably more draw. Was hoping there was a simple fuse switch like for changing the behavior of the 12V socket in the trunk.
That would be perfect; to be able to change it manually.

However, I have been doing some testing the last two weeks, keeping the dashcam connected constantly to USB #2 , and power shuts off after approx. 60min. (as the manual says)

So, if you want to keep the dashcam connected to USB#2 (as I do), I don't see any major risk.
Sponsored