Sponsored

Interior Leather Trim when ordering JLU Sahara with Cloth (Intent to do Katzkin custom)

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Sahara (Sting Gray), 14 Wrangler Sahara (Dune)
New to this forum as I am in the process of building out a 19 JLU Sahara and can't seem to get an answer from any dealer I have worked with. I have seen a couple threads discussing this when ordering the Mopar leather options from Factory but none that I can find when it is a cloth order and subsequent dealer install of Katzkin.

In short, will things like the the dash, steering wheel, arm rest, shifters, and door panels still have the leather trim on a Sahara if you order cloth? Planning on using Katzkin to get custom perforated gray leather but do like the look of having the upgraded interior trimmings. I don't mind the dash being that gray material but definitely have the preference for the rest of the cabin to have that more premium detail.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
My '18 Sahara has cloth seats. All of the things you're questioning do have leather (or leathery) surfaces.
The one part not covered with leather is behind the passenger side 'Oh Sh1t' handle above the glove box. Mine is painted.
If you order leather seats, in a Sahara, then it's covered in leather as well.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
New to this forum as I am in the process of building out a 19 JLU Sahara and can't seem to get an answer from any dealer I have worked with. I have seen a couple threads discussing this when ordering the Mopar leather options from Factory but none that I can find when it is a cloth order and subsequent dealer install of Katzkin.

In short, will things like the the dash, steering wheel, arm rest, shifters, and door panels still have the leather trim on a Sahara if you order cloth? Planning on using Katzkin to get custom perforated gray leather but do like the look of having the upgraded interior trimmings. I don't mind the dash being that gray material but definitely have the preference for the rest of the cabin to have that more premium detail.

Thanks!
This is the struggle I'm having w/ Rubi order... I'll probably order leather and just add Katzkin to get the perforated after the fact.

My1stBuild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Wrangler Sahara w/ Sky One-Touch

Thanks!
Please check my posts, what I ordered, what I added- Katzkins with degreez system.

OP
OP
heels19

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please check my posts, what I ordered, what I added- Katzkins with degreez system.
Appreciate this. We have basically the same build sans Adaptive Cruise + Safety + Rear-Axle. Your seats came out fantastic, would love to know more about your discussions around the insulated foam and cooled seats.

Also, any plans for the dash? I still can't decide if I'm going to swap out for the OEM leather option or have it paint-matched or dipped.

Sponsored

OP
OP
heels19

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, what color did you do for the perforated inserts? It looks like a nice color of gray.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JL Wrangler Unlimited

Thanks!
Did you figure out what would not be covered in leather if you went this route? I am curious for a Rubicon.

OP
OP
heels19

heels19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you figure out what would not be covered in leather if you went this route? I am curious for a Rubicon.
Literally everything sans the dash has the premium vinyl with white/silver contrast stitch - steering wheel, arm rest, door panels, and transmission gearbox.

Not sure if that's the case for the Rubicon, can only speak for the Sahara trim.

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered CBS stitched leather on Rubicon. You get the shaft. Plastic dash and armrest no stitching. Seats are nice with tungsten white stitching but got red dash and red stitched steering wheel.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I got the leather on my rubi and the oh sh!t handle is just a grippy rubber compound.

NewBlueJLU

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I’m on a quest to swap out my cloth interior for leather. Trying to swap out the dash panels to start and do a katzkin later. Finally found dash panels, one from eBay one from mopar parts. The eBay one swapped out without issue. The mopar one (passenger side) does not fit. It looks like a completely different panel when put side by side. Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored