Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Thanks Vilacr, what does it do, dim and brighten the dome light when it’s on?
I've never heard of a car with a dimmer function on the dome light, though that doesn't mean they don't exist. I would have thought it's the dimmer function for the brightness of the instrument lighting. I prefer mine set fairly dim by some people's standards.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I've never heard of a car with a dimmer function on the dome light, though that doesn't mean they don't exist. I would have thought it's the dimmer function for the brightness of the instrument lighting. I prefer mine set fairly dim by some people's standards.
I was just st the dealer “pulled my mirror off by accident lol” the kid said that the dimmer is for accent lighting, I have to check it out when it’s dark. Not sure if he’s right or not.

There is another knob for the instrument light.

He did put the mirror back on in about 2 minutes. You need a special tool and the mirror has to go on sideways, just in case anyone does the dummy like me!

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I was just st the dealer “pulled my mirror off by accident lol” the kid said that the dimmer is for accent lighting, I have to check it out when it’s dark. Not sure if he’s right or not.

There is another knob for the instrument light.

He did put the mirror back on in about 2 minutes. You need a special tool and the mirror has to go on sideways, just in case anyone does the dummy like me!
One of those buttons should adjust the led dimmer, most notiable on the dash and the floor lights. Really only noticeable at night. I think when dash is at its brightest thst will shut the led floor off. Then dial a little bump down and the floor will be at its highest level, down further snd floor will go dim to off.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
One of those buttons should adjust the led dimmer, most notiable on the dash and the floor lights. Really only noticeable at night. I think when dash is at its brightest thst will shut the led floor off. Then dial a little bump down and the floor will be at its highest level, down further snd floor will go dim to off.
Thanks a lot Dynamite!!!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I found the one on the right dims the dash lights, while the one on the left only seems to control the floor lighting. What the heck? Is there anything else that left dimmer does? Weird.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
I found the one on the right dims the dash lights, while the one on the left only seems to control the floor lighting. What the heck? Is there anything else that left dimmer does? Weird.
Yeah that's what the tech guy told me. Its just accent lighting.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Yeah that's what the tech guy told me. Its just accent lighting.
He said something like maybe cup holders and things like that. I haven't checked it yet.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
He said something like maybe cup holders and things like that. I haven't checked it yet.
Yeah, it controlls the footwells and cup holder lighting. But the way it works is really odd.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Also it adjust accent lights on inner door handles, seems to make very little difference from high to low though

Kysport

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'm curious if my 8.4 inch touchscreen will be dimmable separate from the dash lights. While night driving I like bright dash lights but subdued touchscreen. All I see in the manual is that I can turn the touchscreen off.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I'm curious if my 8.4 inch touchscreen will be dimmable separate from the dash lights. While night driving I like bright dash lights but subdued touchscreen. All I see in the manual is that I can turn the touchscreen off.
You can adjust the brightness level based on if the headlights are on or not.