Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I voted more storage space less room, but I think what's there is exactly that. Nice and deep, and the second level is really nice for sunglasses and maybe a misc carplay/android auto cable. I'm content as is.

Edit: Ok, maybe a stronger lock would be good, something we could really count on when the top or doors are off.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don’t have a problem with the console, it’s great as is. Good use of space for storage, any bigger it would be uncomfortable. Any smaller it wouldn’t be useful.
I agree with Sh556jl :) I like the console shape/size just fine. I do recall hearing that there's a piece of plastic between the handbrake and the console that is easy to break and impossible to replace.

This!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/this-piece-broke-off.20182/

If you asked me personally? I'd happily sacrifice the top tray for a better armrest cushion. That's just nitpicking. The armrest cushion is sooooo much better than the JK armrest!

Nets on the side of the console would be cool (like below the handbrake/shifter).

When it comes to the center stack (radio/ac controls/window controls), I'd ask for:

1. Some better way to do that media door. Or just get rid of the door. I dunno.
2. I am not the biggest fan of the buttons for changing HVAC modes. It's not like I'm a luddite, I like my buttons and options! It's just.. the 3 dial method the JK used was a lot easier to change when driving lol.

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
A Valet key would be great. I had to get cheap sunglasses to wear on the days I garage the Jeep in the City because there’s nowhere to keep the parking attendant from stealing my nice ones.

Probearded1

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I like my red dash, it compliments my seats nicely.
i just don’t like that I’ll have a red dash with my blue Jeep. Or I have to pay over 1k for leather seats to get a different color. Maybe the red should be reserved for the leather seats.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
We'd love to hear from you & share your feedback. What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console? Select all that apply and feel free to elaborate in the comments!
Jeep Cares
It's a Jeep, so lockable storage is at a premium. The current unit fits the bill here. The Hi/Lo thing you have now is pretty clever and works well. Don't change it.

Height is important-- the console currently in use has a pretty good height/position in relation to the shifter. Don't change that either. Except maybe to put a light inside the lower portion. That would be cool.

If I were make any serious changes, I'd make it more stout. It gets leaned on and climbed over, and while the current unit has held up so far, it does have the feeling that if I were to lean on it with all my weight reaching into the back or across the front seats I might break it.

I can only assume that a dash refresh will be coming since the new Bronco has that massive center infotainment system....
That's fine for the Bronco, but these are Jeeps, so let's not go there. If I wanted a Canyonero, I would have bought one of those.

Last edited:

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Trade places between the shifter and cup holders, ie have the cupholders closer to the dash board and the shifter closer to the arm rest. Then I could use the shifter and armrest at the same time, would be a huge improvement while off road.

caf

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
For those of you having issues with CarPlay with USB, get a lighting to USB-C Cable and use that port in the dash. I've been using that in both my old and new JLU and carplay has always worked more or less perfect...
This is exactly what I do, it does look ungainly, would rather have a cable out of the center console and tuck it nicely. Looks way more tidy. Have tried everything though from the OEM cable to various MFi ones without luck, so unsightly USB-C sticking out it is. If anyone has solved CarPlay without getting the cable mess in the front USB-C port will welcome your advice.

Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
A Valet key would be great. I had to get cheap sunglasses to wear on the days I garage the Jeep in the City because there’s nowhere to keep the parking attendant from stealing my nice ones.
Too bad the "secret" storage area in the console isn't big enough.

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
If possible get rid of the "black hole" that exists between the seats and the console. I have lost so much stuff there that never could be found.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The win is to split the rear seat into 3 so the center is either removable or can at least be folded separately.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
We'd love to hear from you & share your feedback. What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console? Select all that apply and feel free to elaborate in the comments!
The Wrangler's center console is innocuous. It's not even on the radar as it concerns useful tweaks to the interior that Stellantis could or should consider for the next model refresh.

Witness the consistent departure from your inquiry in this thread: seat travel, dashboard power ports, practical stowage for smart phones, retention of analog buttons, etc. There's plenty of elaboration to go around.

The console can afford to be viewed as a non-issue here. Worry about everything else that is being mentioned, and repeated, here. We'd love for JeepCares to pay attention and share our feedback.

P.S. -- A firm No to adding a dead pedal. To a vehicle, every one I've driven with a dead pedal had it positioned too far forward for my inseam. This leads to real leg discomfort during drives of any length; Honda being the worst offender here. The absence of a dead pedal in the Wrangler provides real relief, which I hadn't thought possible. Those who want one, can purchase and install their own. With due respect, we're not all 5'7".

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Since the thread title included " Interior Design ", why not have an interior color other than black. Hot in the Summer, dark and claustrophobic ; a medium gray would be a welcome choice.
And add " leave it alone " to the Console poll..
Sponsored