Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
1. Side mounted wireless charger. Something like this, except side mounted, to preserve usability of full console top.

2. Key nook. Have some place to toss the keys, that isn’t the cup holder or that tight keynook/phone holder between the cupholders.

3. Aft mounted courtesy lights for rear passengers. Can probably do these from the center console. Thought it was weird only the front passengers seem to have these. Would be helpful for rear passengers/kids too! More front courtesy lights from center console might not be a bad idea either.

4. Inner “flat deck” option. Currently the center console has a two opening options, one of the upper storage, and one for lower storage. It would be nice to have the option to covert the upper storage to a flat surface, to allow laptops, other things in surface, without damaging cushion top.

5. increase USB power. Front USBs currently seem to have more consistent power delivered to port than console USB ports.

6. One additional thought on cup holders.

Odd that the rear center console cup holders were deleted in some models. If the issue was clearance with the folding seats, I’ve seen some clever workarounds in late 2000’s Nissans, using a collapsable setup:

Last edited:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
PS - please add a power port (USB, etc) or at least a hidden ign+ wire at the top of the dash, and at the top of the windshield. For Dash cams, phones etc. Hat having to fish wires and tap into factory harness if it can be avoided. The Aux wires are awesome, loving those. Expand on that.
I'd also like to formally request that you please NOT replace the whole interior with displays and screens. Buttons are good. Knobs are good. Switches are good. Touchscreens are not great in a vehicle.
I like the center console as it is. I added some aftermarket dividers and trays to add to the usefulness.

Please keep the buttons and knobs on the dash. I hate cars that have touchscreens to control everything. Manufacturers tried that in 2008 and it sucked
Quoting those who beat me to it.

One of my favorite things about the interior of my Jeep is that it has real knobs! I need a proper volume knob for when Journey comes on and the volume needs to go to 11 :rock:.

The size of the console is good and I have the OCD organizers, which are perfect.

A USB port on top of the dash would be brilliant.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A modular console system where there are different consoles offered that can be easily removed and replaced or a reconfigurable console.

Recoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I'm 6 foot and would like the driver seat to go lower. As it is currently, the sun visors are in my direct line of sight if I or a passenger uses them. I'd like to see some padding or something added below where the transfer case shifter is. My knee presses against it and has knocked it into neutral. I can't be the only one with this issue.

As far as console buttons and stuff goes, i like the overall layout except for maybe the power window buttons.

caf

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
I think the console itself is fine and works great, two things though:
1. Upgrade or provide the option for USB-C in the internal storage USB port.
2. Fix the reliability issues in the USB ports, I can't get a clean CarPlay or USB audio signal from either of the classic USB ports in the Jeep which is very annoying. My CarPlay keeps dropping and the USB audio signal is very noisy. @JeepCares this one is really important.

Sponsored

PGJeep17

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S
I too am a Keep It the Same vote (as opposed to No Preference); however, I would add an insert for the larger compartment (I purchased from Amazon) and make the console lock more secure. As far as other nuisance items, I would (a) replace the whippy antenna with a black stubby antenna (you pick 7 or 13") - is this 1974?, (b) replace those silly nets on the doors with hard plastic or just remove them, (c) definitely address the hinge corrosion issue, and (d) give Jeep Alums Factory Order preference (I am a bit salty as we about to enter week 11 in "D" status with no current update on when the build will be completed - meanwhile July and August orders are getting delivered :mad:).

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
A real locking metal console (not using universal key) for when topless

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Firstly, the size is fair. I voted for smaller because I'm tall and the seat arrangement has me rubbing my knee on the transfer case shifter. But that is really more of a seating problem. Next we need to talk about the phone situation. I know that you engineers browse through some of these threads, well listen up. You gave us a technological marvel of an infotainment system, then skimped on the connections. We need higher quality USB ports that won't lose connection with the radio. And we would like more options for where to have our phone connected. Currently I have my phone merely resting between the transfer and the transmission shifters because I have to use the front ports for power, and there is no place to put my phone while connected that is out of the way while driving. The slot between the cup holders is ridiculous. That is not a logical choice for the phone while connected. It puts the charge cord straight up and into the way when driving. We would really like to have a port on top of the dash. That would make so much more sense.

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
For those of you having issues with CarPlay with USB, get a lighting to USB-C Cable and use that port in the dash. I've been using that in both my old and new JLU and carplay has always worked more or less perfect...

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
For those of you having issues with CarPlay with USB, get a lighting to USB-C Cable and use that port in the dash. I've been using that in both my old and new JLU and carplay has always worked more or less perfect...
Yep, I noticed that also. The other ports USB A or whatever don’t seem to be reliable, more so the ones in the console.
Sponsored