Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Saw a very low advertised price for my JLUR at a localish dealer that had a sticker around 60K for about 52K (this was in March). I contact them about it (and a couple others at similar prices). They informed me that it was that price but would be $1500 more if I didn't finance through them (I was fine with that). I shlepped over there and checked one out. I was running the numbers in my head and the salesman informed me that every Jeep that rolled off the lot had the $1995 "package" added on (tint, wheel locks and LoJack). I was noticeably pissed as that was not included on the ad. He told me if was in the fine print (looking later it wasn't).

I ended up making the deal because it was still better than I was seeing at other dealerships and the salesman threw in a hardtop headliner for a 5 star review because that added package was a sore spot for me. Plus I would have wanted tint and wheel locks. Cool thing about the LoJack is that it shows you your battery voltage at all times.
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Some of them are right up there with real estate agents ... LOL
Oh, don't get me started on that.

Houses in our area are averaging a 3-4 day turn. A modest $250,000 home @ 6% commission yields a $15,000 pay day.

The last two homes we sold I sold myself in about a week for a tiny fraction of a commission fee.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Oh, don't get me started on that.

Houses in our area are averaging a 3-4 day turn. A modest $250,000 home @ 6% commission yields a $15,000 pay day.

The last two homes we sold I sold myself in about a week for a tiny fraction of a commission fee.
What exactly do real estate agents do anyways?
If you read their contracts they are responsible for absolutely zero, and you have to hire a lawyer anyways. Why not just hire the lawyer and skip the real estate agent?
If you open a Webster's dictionary and look up the term "Bottom Feeder" you'll see a picture of a real estate agent ... LOL

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
What I find interesting, especially in this current climate, is that dealerships sales staff are basically on the verge of becoming extinct. How many people do you really need selling vehicles if they are not actually sitting on a lot. You basically need a handful to "take orders" as they walk you through the build options on the computer. Let's be honest, most of the Jeep people I've talked with knew less than I did after spending a few hours reading and researching stuff online. I had to tell mine when I walked in on 10/8 that I could actually order a 2022 that day (he went and confirmed with a manager that I could) after telling me that they weren't available yet, and then he knew very little on what the options packages included, etc. I think that is partially due to Jeep being effing dimwits when it comes to having a current and updated website (I still cannot figure out why you cannot build a 2022 model, but can build a 2021 model that you cannot actually order). I loved my 2012 JKR, and am praying I love my 2022 JLUR-XR, but I still don't like Stellantis or the management side of Jeep. I'm getting off my soapbox... Cheers 🍻

Last edited:

Sponsored

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
The worst recent experience I had was when visiting at a dealer ~ 2 hours away that was advertising a 2017 JK for reasonable money given the current market conditions. Took the family for a road trip to see the Jeep and every checked out okay, condition was good, test drive went fine but then we sat down to discuss numbers. Well, it turns out the advertised price was not really the sale price, they had to add a $500 doc fee (which I expected) but on top of that fee was what they called a $1750 "reconditing fee". When I asked what that was, the salesman said we add that to all used vehicles and it's the cost of getting the car prepped for sale. My response was that should be included in the online advertised price and it's called essentially false advertising. I went around and around with him and his manager for about an hour and eventually ended up at the original advertised price plus the doc. fee. The price was acceptable but I just couldn't bring myself to buy from a dealership that would pull this this type of deception and I walked. Ultimately it all worked out as I ordered a new '21 for a few thousand more and got the options I wanted in a brand new Jeep with warranty.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Could be a way to finance a lift kit, tires, and "cool looking" bumpers into the price of the jeep lol.

I dunno if they would do all that for 5k though. Maybe 10k. It is a dealer after all.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I just left a Subaru dealership today and they quoted me for the sport BRZ 5,000 over sticker I asked what do I get for that 5,000 and he said nothing, it's their fair market price for the car. He said come see me in 6 months maybe the price will drop, LOL

OP
OP
AlgUSF

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I just left a Subaru dealership today and they quoted me for the sport BRZ 5,000 over sticker I asked what do I get for that 5,000 and he said nothing, it's their fair market price for the car. He said come see me in 6 months maybe the price will drop, LOL
What do you get? You get a Subaru BRZ right now as opposed to waiting 6+ months.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I dunno if Subaru is like Toyota, or if they have the same ordering situation as Toyota does since it platform shares with the 86, but you can't just order a Toyota.

Deleted member 59498

This was a quote from few months ago for V8 Trailhawk I inquired about. Not sure what EVTS but I am pretty sure NitroLock is tire air?

1000 dollars for oil changes, not sure if that is a deal doesn't sound like it, Plus doesn't the Grand Cherokee get Waves?

No idea what AK environmental package is, block heater?

Jeep Wrangler JL Interesting new dealer revenue scheme Screenshot 2021-11-24 164603

But hey Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
So, a dealership around here is now adding a "+5000 Customization Allowance" which boosts the Wrangler by 5K.
That is an outstanding value for customers looking to do serious upgrades!! I would be all over it!! Best of all it does not void your warranty!!

Authentic Mopar Performance Wheel 17" Bead Lock Capable x 5: $1,716.00

Authentic Mopar Performance 2" Lift Kit: $1,696

Authentic Mopar Ring And Pinion Set 4:88 Front: $343.46

Authentic Mopar Ring And Pinion Set 4:88 Rear: $343.46

Plus the left over 901.98 for almost a day of labor and you will have a nice rig. I would go for it in a heartbeat!!

And you will have brand new OEM takeoffs you can sell and get yourself a nice set of tires of your choice. You might even find the dealer would be willing to get you a nice set of tires in trade and will be more inclined to deal with you on the takeoffs.

I say go for it and take advantage of this fantastic deal!! There are not many dealers willing to do what you have described. Your dealership gets a gold star for offering this great value to customers!!!

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
nitogen in the tires with free refills for life. $500 retail value!
$1000 for True Coat
$950 for LoJack
$600 mopar cold ram air intake for hemi like power
$500 to have the windows security etched
$400 for scotchguarding the seats
$300 mopar rugged floor mats
$250 xm radio for one year
$200 credit for tuning pcm for whenever you upgrade your tires
$200 mopar high security locking lug set
$100 administrative fees and taxes
There’s a dealer in the area that has this crap added to every Jeep. Very simple, we purchased from a different dealer. I am amazed in today’s day & age with pricing and everything easily accessible on the internet that people still fall for/pay for this stuff.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Saw a very low advertised price for my JLUR at a localish dealer that had a sticker around 60K for about 52K (this was in March). I contact them about it (and a couple others at similar prices). They informed me that it was that price but would be $1500 more if I didn't finance through them (I was fine with that). I shlepped over there and checked one out. I was running the numbers in my head and the salesman informed me that every Jeep that rolled off the lot had the $1995 "package" added on (tint, wheel locks and LoJack).
A lot of dealers do this but there are some that don't. Some dealers are convinced that they have to do this to attract customers, if they didn't advertise lower prices nobody would come to their business. Doesn't make it acceptable to me though.

I did a lot of shopping 20 months ago. I didn't find many good deals in my city so I was shopping in a 500 mile radius. I did find a few dealers that provided good prices with no BS. When I did find other dealers with good prices I would start reading their reviews and that's where you find out about the tricks like the Nitrogen in the tires and the undisclosed add-on packages. There were a couple of dealers I found that had a lot of cars advertised at low prices. A month later a lot of the cars I was watching at higher prices were sold, but this dealer still had all of their cars in inventory. That tells you there is something deceptive with that dealer's practices or they would be selling more cars. Unfortunately this means a lot more work for the prospective buyer.

Businesses like Carvana are trying to get people to stay away from normal dealers, but they have their own problems. They have big problems with customer service, things like people not getting their titles and registration so they can't drive their cars, cars getting towed for various reasons, things like that. Some states have cancelled their dealer licenses.
Sponsored