Interesting call from my dealer...

Mayhew

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
I have a 2019 JLU Sport S 2.0 with eTorque. Dealer called today and offered to put me in a 2021 sport s with the same options minus eTorque of course. Same payments, rate and term. I realize that they are not doing this out of the kindness of their heart. What do you all think? I also could use this opportunity to bump to a rubicon depending on what the additional per month would come out to.
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
If you are interested in the deal, just go down and hear them out. If you don't like it after that, go back home.

It's impossible to give you good advice when you don't know exactly what the deal fully consists of. Do what feels right to you, not strangers on the internet.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You haven't really given us any financial details that would allow us to opine, but the "same payments, rate and term" promise would instantly make me cautious. That's the kind of language you hear at the buy here, pay here dealers.

There are really only two major variables: trade-in value and purchase price. Don't let the monthly payment confuse your analysis.

OP
OP

Mayhew

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Yeah, I haven't heard them out and told them I didn't think I was interested. I guess what I am looking for is opinions on the eTorque itself. What is it worth practically. They have someone who wants my Jeep since it has it.

Sponsored

CJtoJL

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
An insurance company is more than likely looking to buy a jeep that matches your's description. When you hear ads claim they will replace your vehicle with another of the same options, color and xx amount fewer miles, that's how they locate them. Through dealer data bases. Sometimes it can be a win win for someone looking to sell or trade in.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I have a 2019 JLU Sport S 2.0 with eTorque. Dealer called today and offered to put me in a 2021 sport s with the same options minus eTorque of course.
I get calls and flyers for this crap all the time. I have dealerships that claim to want my old and long forgotten JKs, even though both of them had more warranty work than Wayne Newton's face.

Same payments, rate and term. I realize that they are not doing this out of the kindness of their heart. What do you all think?
They're a dealership. They're full of shit.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
From what I’ve read on the forums, my guess is dealers have a lot of room on JLs to make the numbers work.

I’ve read stories by several forum members who went into the dealer not expecting much, and drove off in a new JL.

Getting a big fat trade-in on the prior Wrangler was key.

Good luck.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
PS - looks like there’s a $2,000 rebate on JTs at the moment, if interested.

That pays for half of the sales tax... :LOL:

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
also 0% apr now for 84 months. that helps keep the payment but doesn't save you the price jump from a sahara to a rubi.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I would guess they don't really have a buyer for your Jeep. They have probably identified that they can easily sell (profit) you a new jeep for the same payment and terms with a trade in of your Jeep. They are basically tacking on 2 more years of payments. With a Jeep Wranger, this type of deal really isn't that hard to do. You maybe able to shop around and get a Rubicon for the same payment.

You really should not shop car payments, too many ways for the dealer to slide in additional profit. Do your research, figure out what the car payment is going to be for the price. Negotiate the price.
Sponsored

Last edited: