Interest Rates on New Builds

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Just like a lot of you here, I'm waiting for my new built JLUR to arrive sometime next week. Wanted to check what kind of rates you all are getting if you've recently picked yours up? Just want to make sure my dealer doesn't try to pull anything funny. They were running a 0% APR for 36 months deal back in October, but obviously I wasn't able to lock it in, because it was a custom order.

Thanks
Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I believe the 0% 36 month deal was a corporate Jeep incentive, but I also looked closer at the disclosure and it looked like it only applied to Sport models. I also have a factory order pending (and hopefully picking up tomorrow!) on a JLUR. I'll verify at the dealership tomorrow and report back.

OP
OP
TheLodgeOne

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Just finished the transaction on the 2021 JLUR. The 0%/36 month offer wasn’t valid for my purchase/zip code. I signed for 1.94% for 60 months.
Nice! Did you finance through Chrysler or different institution?

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Different institution. Went through the dealership, but steered them to the local credit union we have all our loans with.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
They offered me 0 - 36, then decided just pay cash. No need for a huge payment.

Sponsored

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
waiting on my jeep to come in

BoA quoted me for 36/48/60 months 1.89/1.84/1.89.

Jeep.com still showing 0%/36 month for rubicon so I might do that.

Since it was a factory order and I have the out the door price, there were no contingencies on me using their financing to get that price.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
"just pay[ing] cash" sounds like the definition of a "huge payment". ;)

doesn't have to be a an all-or-nothing deal.
personally, i couldn't resist the opportunity to give them at least some of their money as slow as possible for free. threw a pile at them, so i could finance the rest with silly-low payments that cost me nothing.

They offered me 0 - 36, then decided just pay cash. No need for a huge payment.

Last edited:

Slick2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
If you do the 0/36 are there any penalty fees for paying off sooner?

Also, I originally told the dealer I was pre-approved with my credit union when I placed my custom order. I know they will try to push me to their financing when I go in.

Do I have any leverage for some type of discount If I agree to their 0/36 financing? If nothing else I will do their financing if I can put 5K or 10K on one of my credit cards for the bonus points. 10K on a credit card would cost the dealer ~$300 in fees they pay to the processor.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
If you do the 0/36 are there any penalty fees for paying off sooner?
no.
but out of curiousity, why would you? if it cost you nothing to give them your money slower, why be in a hurry to do it?

Also, I originally told the dealer I was pre-approved with my credit union when I placed my custom order. I know they will try to push me to their financing when I go in.
screw that. it's your money; *you* tell *them* how you're going to pay.
they only "push" if they think there's some 'give'.

Do I have any leverage for some type of discount If I agree to their 0/36 financing?
of course.
don't confuse the price with the financing; the dealer might try to persuade you otherwise, but they're separate, and you can negotiate them individually.
i signed up for TreadLightly! to get their discount, and started out by spending a Saturday calling around telling the dealers i was looking for the best price below that. i settled my deal for a few percent below invoice, but it was not from my nearest dealer; i had to drive past several dealers to get it.

If nothing else I will do their financing if I can put 5K or 10K on one of my credit cards for the bonus points. 10K on a credit card would cost the dealer ~$300 in fees they pay to the processor.
i had a similar idea, but the dealer i worked with would not allow me to put more than $5K on my card.
Sponsored