Interactive Delivery Checklist for Jeep Wrangler JL / JLU

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
UPDATE (9/1/2019): In order to make this easier for those of you who don't have MS Excel or can't run Excel macros due to security settings, I have ported this over to a web-based system.

You can access it here: http://redbarrister.com/jeepchecklist/

It's very simple, and inelegant, but it gets the job done.

A couple of notes:
1) Once you get the checklist generated, you can then print it from your browser. If you want the alternating row colors to show up, enable the "Print Background Colors" or similar in your browser's print dialog.

2) You should be able to save it as a PDF from your browser (easily if you have a Mac, somewhat easily with a PC if you have Adobe Acrobat).

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Good evening!

For the last month or so, I’ve been working on an interactive delivery checklist, which combines the hard work of @K9Jeeper, who started the sticky thread for items that should come with your Jeep, and @Sunin-Retired who compiled some of the other suggestions for things to check from the thread, and all the others who contributed to that thread.

K9Jeeper had indicated his list was intended to only really be about the things that should come with the Jeep, so, to avoid hijacking his thread with yet another checklist, I started this one for mine. It’s based on the JL Unlimited options.

The attached checklist allows you to pick the trim level, and once you do, it will only show the options available to you from that trim. Then, you select what items you’ve included in your jeep. Once you click the “Generate Checklist” button, it will create a custom checklist for you based on the selected options, and only show those items that are relevant to your Jeep.

A couple of tech notes:
1) This uses Microsoft Excel VBA macros to do the logic (for loops, if…then…else, etc.) and to hide and show rows. When you open the file, it will ask you if you want to enable macros. For this to work properly, you’ll have to say “Enable” or “Yes”. The spreadsheet does not interact with your file system beyond this workbook, and if anyone wants to see the code, I’ll be happy to share it.

2) You may notice a couple of moments of hesitation (or the hourglass or spinning wheel) for a couple of seconds while it "thinks" when you do something (namely when you pick a trim option, or when you click "Generate Checklist"). This appears to be normal behavior. It's running a lot of checks in the background to see what to turn on or off.

3) It's not programmatically pretty, and there are probably much more elegant ways of doing this. This is my first attempt at using Microsoft VBA. This is the second iteration, as the first way I did it was painfully slow.

If you see something missing or that needs correction, please let me know. I’ve tried to think through this thoroughly, but I’m sure I’ve missed something.

I hope you all find it helpful.

Cheers,
Unconfirmed

CURRENT VERSION: 1.0.1 7/23/2019

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD LINK: CLICK HERE
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
@JAY Thanks for the site front page boost.

If anyone sees anything missing, let me know, and I'll add it in.

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
Just wanted to say that the whole sheet worked for me brought up all my options and ran quickly. I don't see anything at first glance but after using the checklist tomorrow I'll report back with any issues!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Good evening!

For the last month or so, I’ve been working on an interactive delivery checklist, which combines the hard work of @K9Jeeper, who started the sticky thread for items that should come with your Jeep, and @Sunin-Retired who compiled some of the other suggestions for things to check from the thread, and all the others who contributed to that thread.

K9Jeeper had indicated his list was intended to only really be about the things that should come with the Jeep, so, to avoid hijacking his thread with yet another checklist, I started this one for mine. It’s based on the JL Unlimited options.

The attached checklist allows you to pick the trim level, and once you do, it will only show the options available to you from that trim. Then, you select what items you’ve included in your jeep. Once you click the “Generate Checklist” button, it will create a custom checklist for you based on the selected options, and only show those items that are relevant to your Jeep.

A couple of tech notes:
1) This uses Microsoft Excel VBA macros to do the logic (for loops, if…then…else, etc.) and to hide and show rows. When you open the file, it will ask you if you want to enable macros. For this to work properly, you’ll have to say “Enable” or “Yes”. The spreadsheet does not interact with your file system beyond this workbook, and if anyone wants to see the code, I’ll be happy to share it.

2) You may notice a couple of moments of hesitation (or the hourglass or spinning wheel) for a couple of seconds while it "thinks" when you do something (namely when you pick a trim option, or when you click "Generate Checklist"). This appears to be normal behavior. It's running a lot of checks in the background to see what to turn on or off.

3) It's not programmatically pretty, and there are probably much more elegant ways of doing this. This is my first attempt at using Microsoft VBA. This is the second iteration, as the first way I did it was painfully slow.

If you see something missing or that needs correction, please let me know. I’ve tried to think through this thoroughly, but I’m sure I’ve missed something.

I hope you all find it helpful.

Cheers,
Unconfirmed
I don’t know how to use it, would you explain a bit? I’m having a bit of trouble, please and thank you!

OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
I don’t know how to use it, would you explain a bit? I’m having a bit of trouble, please and thank you!
Sure.

Open the spreadsheet in Excel. It will ask if you want to enable Macros. Say "yes" or "enable".

When it opens, make sure you're on the tab marked "Configuration".

Fill in your name, VIN#, and pickup date (all of these are optional...it's just to make it look nice and professional).

Under Trim Level, pick one of the various options. This will cause the spreadsheet to show or hide the options below that are available on the selected trim level.

In the lower section, check the boxes next to the options that your ordered/chose. Once you've selected them all, scroll back up and hit the "Generate Checklist" button. It will create the checklist on the next tab (it should take you there automatically, but if it doesn't, click the "Checklist" tab at the bottom.

Then, you can print it out and take it with you to the dealership.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure.

Open the spreadsheet in Excel. It will ask if you want to enable Macros. Say "yes" or "enable".

Fill in your name, VIN#, and pickup date (all of these are optional...it's just to make it look nice and professional).

Under Trim Level, pick one of the various options. This will cause the spreadsheet to show or hide the options below that are available on the selected trim level.

In the lower section, check the boxes next to the options that your ordered/chose. Once you've selected them all, scroll back up and hit the "Generate Checklist" button. It will create the checklist on the next tab (it should take you there automatically, but if it doesn't, click the "Checklist" tab at the bottom.

Thanks I’ll try it on Monday morning at work

jeepdds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What is the soft top storage bag that is suppose to come with it according to the formula? My dealership said it's optional.

OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
What is the soft top storage bag that is suppose to come with it according to the formula? My dealership said it's optional.
As I understand it, there are two different bags.

One is for storing the top itself, which I understand comes with the top.

The other is for storing the soft-top windows when you take them off, which is optional for an additional fee.

Can someone clarify?

EDIT: PS: The storage bag may only come if you get the dual top group, when you get the boxed soft-top. Not sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
@jeepdds, I did some research. It seems that calling it a storage bag may have been overstating it a bit. It appears that in situations where you order a soft top that comes boxed (Dual Top Group or soft top purchased afterwards), it comes with a thin vinyl wrap that includes some velcro in the shipping box. It seems somewhat unclear whether this is just shipping material or if it is designed for longer-term reuse. Some folks indicated that it could see future use, but characterized it as more of a "wrap" than a "bag".

To avoid any confusion, I've removed it from the checklist.

A new version 1.0.1 is linked in the first post.

If you want to see the discussion, see https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/soft-top-storage-bag-s.34163/

Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure.

I don’t know if you received my reply the forum gets messy, but YAY the file worked out like a charm, super easy. I printed it off at work...shhhhhh thanks again on the GREAT work.

OP
OP
unconfirmed

unconfirmed

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
I don’t know if you received my reply the forum gets messy, but YAY the file worked out like a charm, super easy. I printed it off at work...shhhhhh thanks again on the GREAT work.
I think I must have missed it. Glad it worked out for you and that it was helpful!

IRide66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide 2019 Moab
This is a fantastic tool! I have printed it and will take to the dealer when I pick up my Wrangler on Thursday. Many thanks for sharing and the work that went in to make it!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I must have missed it. Glad it worked out for you and that it was helpful!
Ok, I’m using the checklist “live” this week when I pick up my Jeep. So excited, thanks again for all your work and sharing with everyone.
Sponsored