PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Soon)
@unconfirmed

Thanks for doing this, it’s great!

Couple of questions for a JLUR:
- If I have a hard top (and select that in options), do I unselect the soft top in the “options included in selected trim” section up top?
- Leather seats - I have the regular leather seats (ALX9), is there an option listed to select that?

Thanks!
Glad you found it useful.

As to the hard vs. soft, yes, you can just unselect it.

As to the leather seats, since there really isn't anything you'd check different than you would on the cloth (other than that they installed them), I didn't put it in there. Since the other two special leathers are more detailed, I included them as options.
Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
3) It's not programmatically pretty, and there are probably much more elegant ways of doing this. This is my first attempt at using Microsoft VBA. This is the second iteration, as the first way I did it was painfully slow.
Would you mind me optimize the code a bit?

scarp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Taco, 2021 JL Willy's
This is really cool! Just got our VIN today, so it's gonna be a while, but any chance of updating this for 2021s, including additional trims (Willys, 80th), etc.
I'm sure that's a lot of work. I'm not a programmer, but I'm good with data. If I can help by creating additional files, just tell me how and I'd be glad to help.

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources
UPDATE (9/1/2019): In order to make this easier for those of you who don't have MS Excel or can't run Excel macros due to security settings, I have ported this over to a web-based system.

You can access it here: http://redbarrister.com/jeepchecklist/

It's very simple, and inelegant, but it gets the job done.

A couple of notes:
1) Once you get the checklist generated, you can then print it from your browser. If you want the alternating row colors to show up, enable the "Print Background Colors" or similar in your browser's print dialog.

2) You should be able to save it as a PDF from your browser (easily if you have a Mac, somewhat easily with a PC if you have Adobe Acrobat).

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Good evening!

For the last month or so, I’ve been working on an interactive delivery checklist, which combines the hard work of @K9Jeeper, who started the sticky thread for items that should come with your Jeep, and @Sunin-Retired who compiled some of the other suggestions for things to check from the thread, and all the others who contributed to that thread.

K9Jeeper had indicated his list was intended to only really be about the things that should come with the Jeep, so, to avoid hijacking his thread with yet another checklist, I started this one for mine. It’s based on the JL Unlimited options.

The attached checklist allows you to pick the trim level, and once you do, it will only show the options available to you from that trim. Then, you select what items you’ve included in your jeep. Once you click the “Generate Checklist” button, it will create a custom checklist for you based on the selected options, and only show those items that are relevant to your Jeep.

A couple of tech notes:
1) This uses Microsoft Excel VBA macros to do the logic (for loops, if…then…else, etc.) and to hide and show rows. When you open the file, it will ask you if you want to enable macros. For this to work properly, you’ll have to say “Enable” or “Yes”. The spreadsheet does not interact with your file system beyond this workbook, and if anyone wants to see the code, I’ll be happy to share it.

2) You may notice a couple of moments of hesitation (or the hourglass or spinning wheel) for a couple of seconds while it "thinks" when you do something (namely when you pick a trim option, or when you click "Generate Checklist"). This appears to be normal behavior. It's running a lot of checks in the background to see what to turn on or off.

3) It's not programmatically pretty, and there are probably much more elegant ways of doing this. This is my first attempt at using Microsoft VBA. This is the second iteration, as the first way I did it was painfully slow.

If you see something missing or that needs correction, please let me know. I’ve tried to think through this thoroughly, but I’m sure I’ve missed something.

I hope you all find it helpful.

Cheers,
Unconfirmed

CURRENT VERSION: 1.0.1 7/23/2019

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD LINK: CLICK HERE
Very nice! Thank you!!!

CJ555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Jeep, YET!
I am reading:

Center Console mat/ Rear cubby mat ------ What are these/where are they located?

Front License Plate Bracket (installed or included) -- Should I have one included (2021)???

-- Do not see one in vehicle and not installed, is this an included option or an extra pay for item? (Maybe only in states w/ required front license plates?!! )
Im in PA but still need one for Surf/beach plate

Sponsored

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet
This will be super helpful, thank you! Printed it out for when my Jeep comes!!!

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
I am reading:

Center Console mat/ Rear cubby mat ------ What are these/where are they located?

Front License Plate Bracket (installed or included) -- Should I have one included (2021)???

-- Do not see one in vehicle and not installed, is this an included option or an extra pay for item? (Maybe only in states w/ required front license plates?!! )
Im in PA but still need one for Surf/beach plate
You probably already figured this out, but from what I understand, the license plate bracket is a no cost option to add to the build at the time of order. Many dealers in non-front-license-plate-requiring states Include it in the build because it costs nothing and some people still want it.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
UPDATE (9/1/2019): In order to make this easier for those of you who don't have MS Excel or can't run Excel macros due to security settings, I have ported this over to a web-based system.

You can access it here: http://redbarrister.com/jeepchecklist/

It's very simple, and inelegant, but it gets the job done.

A couple of notes:
1) Once you get the checklist generated, you can then print it from your browser. If you want the alternating row colors to show up, enable the "Print Background Colors" or similar in your browser's print dialog.

2) You should be able to save it as a PDF from your browser (easily if you have a Mac, somewhat easily with a PC if you have Adobe Acrobat).

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Good evening!

For the last month or so, I’ve been working on an interactive delivery checklist, which combines the hard work of @K9Jeeper, who started the sticky thread for items that should come with your Jeep, and @Sunin-Retired who compiled some of the other suggestions for things to check from the thread, and all the others who contributed to that thread.

K9Jeeper had indicated his list was intended to only really be about the things that should come with the Jeep, so, to avoid hijacking his thread with yet another checklist, I started this one for mine. It’s based on the JL Unlimited options.

The attached checklist allows you to pick the trim level, and once you do, it will only show the options available to you from that trim. Then, you select what items you’ve included in your jeep. Once you click the “Generate Checklist” button, it will create a custom checklist for you based on the selected options, and only show those items that are relevant to your Jeep.

A couple of tech notes:
1) This uses Microsoft Excel VBA macros to do the logic (for loops, if…then…else, etc.) and to hide and show rows. When you open the file, it will ask you if you want to enable macros. For this to work properly, you’ll have to say “Enable” or “Yes”. The spreadsheet does not interact with your file system beyond this workbook, and if anyone wants to see the code, I’ll be happy to share it.

2) You may notice a couple of moments of hesitation (or the hourglass or spinning wheel) for a couple of seconds while it "thinks" when you do something (namely when you pick a trim option, or when you click "Generate Checklist"). This appears to be normal behavior. It's running a lot of checks in the background to see what to turn on or off.

If you see something missing or that needs correction, please let me know. I’ve tried to think through this thoroughly, but I’m sure I’ve missed something.

I hope you all find it helpful.

Cheers,
Unconfirmed

CURRENT VERSION: 1.0.1 7/23/2019

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD LINK: CLICK HERE
Brilliant stuff man!

BigCat

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
This is a masterpiece! Very grateful for all the hard work and effort that went into it. Extremely valuable tool for delivery. Ordered my Sahara Altitude a couple of weeks ago - still have plenty of time to prepare for delivery! This is a big help. Thank you!

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Hello, please excuse my dumb question... What's a Creeper?

Also, thanks for this checklist! I wonder if there's any updates for 2021s...
A Creeper is a wheeled board that allows you to roll around under a vehicle instead of having to slide all over the place and get your clothes dirty.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Is there anyway this can be updated to reflect more current options on place for order? Also, some of the baked in features have changed since this was last edited.....

izolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLR 3.6L V6 6sp
Does anybody have a plaintext, non-interactive version of this? Don't have Excel, and web link doesn't work.