Integrity of the Jeep name

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the Normandy invasion. Many stories of the heroic men who hit those beaches. Truly, they were the "greatest generation." Tough, unstoppable, with integrity in the DNA. Hmmm, there was also a VEHICLE that came to be, around that time. It was called a "Jeep," and it earned very similar praise to the men who drove them. Now, we have the JL. Apparently, it is proving to have many very fundamental flaws. Simple stuff, like frames that break, steering that is dangerous and engines that barely can be driven down the road without a problem. It seems to me that the corporate suits at Jeep are padding their pockets, using the integrity of the Jeep name, while releasing vehicles to the public that by no means live up to the iconic name. Not only is it a disgrace to the Jeep name itself, it is also kind of a slap in the face to the guys who drove them. Where is the CORPORATE integrity, worthy of the name? They should be ashamed of themselves.
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
If you think I needed a YJ,TJ, JK or JL while I was in Baghdad, I'm glad you're not in charge of the military :headbang: Where are you driving these CIVILIAN vehicles that involves someone placing IEDs, grenade launchers, and just generally trying to wipe your infidel ass off the face of this Earth?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the Normandy invasion. Many stories of the heroic men who hit those beaches. Truly, they were the "greatest generation." Tough, unstoppable, with integrity in the DNA. Hmmm, there was also a VEHICLE that came to be, around that time. It was called a "Jeep," and it earned very similar praise to the men who drove them. Now, we have the JL. Apparently, it is proving to have many very fundamental flaws. Simple stuff, like frames that break, steering that is dangerous and engines that barely can be driven down the road without a problem. It seems to me that the corporate suits at Jeep are padding their pockets, using the integrity of the Jeep name, while releasing vehicles to the public that by no means live up to the iconic name. Not only is it a disgrace to the Jeep name itself, it is also kind of a slap in the face to the guys who drove them. Where is the CORPORATE integrity, worthy of the name? They should be ashamed of themselves.
Ok, now back to the basement, you can use your Mom's Prius when she comes back from the gym...
Too Ridiculous Obnoxious Loud Laughter.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Wow... given the accusations, nearly every vehicle mfgr would be found guilty. Imagine that... an assembly of some 30,000 parts and on a small percentage something goes wrong. Time to go back to riding horses? Oh crap... horses have problems too? Maybe walk... but damn these shoes just aren't right. Guess I'll just stay here in front of the computer. At least that's working... for now.

Using the 75th anniversary of Normandy as an excuse to vent your frustrations ... not cool. :facepalm:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
One of the reasons I cringe whenever I see an ad that uses the term "Military Grade" is because all of the gear we used BROKE ALL OF THE TIME. From poor designs, to cheap production or just overwhelming abuse, its going to break. I can guarantee it was no different with the Willys, Bantam and Ford produced Jeeps. You use them for training, you fix what you broke. You use them in combat, you fix what you broke.

I've made it close to 18000 miles with my Jeep with no major issues. I cannot say the same for my experience with HMMWVs. If I got one with 15000 miles on the odometer I knew that thing was going to have dry rotted CV joints, leaking transmission fluid, and will overheat on a 10 minute drive and spray coolant 15 feet into the air... But it kept myself and three others alive when we were struck by an IED.

Some Jeeps have come out of the factory with issues, yes. That is the purpose of a warranty.

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
One of the reasons I cringe whenever I see an ad that uses the term "Military Grade" is because that all of the gear we used BROKE ALL OF THE TIME. From poor designs, to cheap production or just overwhelming abuse, its going to break. I can guarantee it was no different with the Willys, Bantam and Ford produced Jeeps. You use them for training, you fix what you broke. You use them in combat, you fix what you broke.

I've made it close to 18000 miles with my Jeep with no major issues. I cannot say the same for my experience with HMMWVs. If I got one with 15000 miles on the odometer I knew that thing was going to have dry rotted CB joints, leaking transmission fluid, and will overheat on a 10 minute drive and spray coolant 15 feet into the air... But it Kept myself and three others alive when we were struck by an IED.

Some Jeeps have come out of the factory with issues, yes. That is the purpose of a warranty.
:like:

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
While we all hope Jeep improves their QC, JL is definitely not the first Jeep with less than stellar reliability records. Early model year JK's for example had TIPM failures among other issues.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yo Bill, let's see a picture of your Jeep. And, while you at it post up those repair bills for that thing. It must be a big 'ol POS. Damnit........

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
One of the reasons I cringe whenever I see an ad that uses the term "Military Grade" is because all of the gear we used BROKE ALL OF THE TIME. From poor designs, to cheap production or just overwhelming abuse, its going to break. I can guarantee it was no different with the Willys, Bantam and Ford produced Jeeps. You use them for training, you fix what you broke. You use them in combat, you fix what you broke.

I've made it close to 18000 miles with my Jeep with no major issues. I cannot say the same for my experience with HMMWVs. If I got one with 15000 miles on the odometer I knew that thing was going to have dry rotted CV joints, leaking transmission fluid, and will overheat on a 10 minute drive and spray coolant 15 feet into the air... But it kept myself and three others alive when we were struck by an IED.

Yea, the military buys the cheapest shit.