Sponsored

Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
This is a 3D printed prototype so its not perfect but overall it looks great in person! Definitely gives the Jeep an aggressive "tactical" appearance. 😎
Sponsored

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Here is a quick teaser, more pictures and video coming soon!

oracle_integrated_led_lightbar_Jeep_JL_Gladiator.jpg
@ORACLElights - Looks very cool and tactical. I love it visually.

I own a '22 JL 392 XR and have avoided all mods that require drilling. Part of the reason is the vehicle's price point being $90k MSRP (without markup).

My other issue would be wind noise from the scoop in the light bar. I do take my JL consistently to 90-95mph and it's limiter is set at 111 mph with the Xtreme Recon package.

I am currently considering adding the Oracle Lighting LED Skid Plate and the Oracle Lighting LED Side Mirrors to the vehicle to handle this type of lighting since that would appear to avoid additional wind noise. Did you test for wind noise with your version for the Bronco?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights - Looks very cool and tactical. I love it visually.
Thanks "Tactical" is a good way to put it :like:

I am currently considering adding the Oracle Lighting LED Skid Plate and the Oracle Lighting LED Side Mirrors to the vehicle to handle this type of lighting since that would appear to avoid additional wind noise.
Yes, the ORACLE Lighting LED Skid Plate and Oracle Lighting LED Side Mirrors are both really good products to add functional lighting. [/QUOTE]

Did you test for wind noise with your version for the Bronco?
On the Bronco? Yes, lots of highway miles including a 3,500 mile round trip for SEMA to Vegas and back (including some triple digit stretches of road) with zero issues.

For the Jeep we have already been road testing the prototypes with no issues. We run fluid dynamic simulations during the design process to highlight any design features which may cause excessive drag or noise as well.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Any issues with SOT tops?
Soft top? No the assembly mounts to the A Pillar frame and does not overlap the top so the installation would be the same for hard or soft top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
SOT = Sky One Touch
Does not appear to have any affect on the A pillar position where this mounts but will do some beta with one to confirm.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Getting Closer! :rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768869073_a75b95f6ed_k
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768796045_62defaf8be_k
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768868953_281e5628cf_k
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768635224_2dc3e21633_k

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Here is another close-up angle:

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52767843482_b0c3a54e31_k
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768381326_868d9cf104_k
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 52768635484_3b890b050f_k

Sponsored

Steel24

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Other than the stealth bar by Quadratec and mPower, this is completely different than any other product out there. I do like the concept. One thing about the stealth bar is the ability to change from amber to white led which I think would be cool.

Here are some other thoughts/questions:

1. Is there a color molded portion of this light? If so, will you offer it in each color or would this be unpainted?

2. How big would the bolts be? Could you show us the exact location and size of the drilled holes?

3. How do you get this to an aux input? (let's assume we have a Mopar or other aux system)?

As for trade in, with quality parts, I don't think trade in value is as affected as it is hyped up to be. No way I'm uninstalling a lift kit and other mods in 5 or 6 years just to trade it in.

I think a bigger concern may be addressing what happens if someone decides they don't want to use this light bar anymore. I would be concerned if there are holes in my roof (even if plugged).

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other than the stealth bar by Quadratec and mPower, this is completely different than any other product out there. I do like the concept. One thing about the stealth bar is the ability to change from amber to white led which I think would be cool.

Here are some other thoughts/questions:

1. Is there a color molded portion of this light? If so, will you offer it in each color or would this be unpainted?

2. How big would the bolts be? Could you show us the exact location and size of the drilled holes?

3. How do you get this to an aux input? (let's assume we have a Mopar or other aux system)?

As for trade in, with quality parts, I don't think trade in value is as affected as it is hyped up to be. No way I'm uninstalling a lift kit and other mods in 5 or 6 years just to trade it in.

I think a bigger concern may be addressing what happens if someone decides they don't want to use this light bar anymore. I would be concerned if there are holes in my roof (even if plugged).
Happy to address your questions:

1. This is black PC/ABS and will be offered unpainted, but is paintable if you choose to do body match.
2. The bolts are M8
3. The cable gets fed in under the top and then through to the AUX wiring

It is the frame around the windshield that is being drilled, not the roof. Are you concerned about water? The holes only penetrate the A surface of the aluminum frame.

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

I like the look. I'd be very interested if there were quantitative data (or lots of user feedback) confirming lower wind noise than current alternatives. No issues drilling into the jeep - already swiss-cheesed it for various other accessories.