Sponsored

Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
ORACLE Lighting currently offers a light bar for the new Ford Bronco which features a Patent-Pending design with a molded cowling which integrates into the factory roof line. While other roof mounted light bars look obviously after-market or like an after-thought, this design looks more finished, intentional, and a more OE appearance.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 154_ddc029d4-31bf-4233-8529-7bedaa94f7ec_1024x1024

We think this design would look amazing on the JL and JT platform but since there are no "accessory ready" mounts on the Jeep models it would require some drilling and the addition of Riv-nuts for installation. Obviously if the light bar was even removed (if you decide to trade-in your Jeep for example) these threaded inserts can be plugged with inserts to make less noticeable.

Along with blending in with the factory design, the unique cowl design also provides a quieter and more aerodynamic installation compared to traditional LED light bar setups. The polycarbonate housing is designed to match the styling of the factory hardtop but can be installed on soft tops as well.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 5888_CloseU

This new light bar design utilizes reflector facing LED technology, elevating it above basic and more common light bars. This reflector system is designed to provide optimized LED light output from the 30 individual 8W LED emitters creating at total of 18,000 raw lumens and a projection distance of over 600 meters.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? 5888_ClearanceLights

This system also features selectable Amber or White clearance lights. You can select to connect these lights to an Aux Switch, Parking Lights, DRL, or simply leave them disconnected if you prefer not to use the additional clearance light feature on your Bronco.

On the Bronco version the mounting the system is easy using the factory hardware. The ORACLE Light Bar System mounts to using the factory accessory mounting points and factory hardware on the Bronco. For the JL and JT platform there are no "accessory ready" mounts so it would require some drilling and the addition of Riv-nuts for installation.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? mount_4.27.38-PM_600x600

The part matches the hard top out of the box but can also be painted to color-match. We recommend using a professional painter to properly prep, prime, and color match paint the housing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? Ford_Bronco_Windshield_Colors_600x600

Let us know your thoughts, this could be a great addition for Jeep models but who would be afraid to make holes for mounting?
Sponsored

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
I’d shy away from drilling. I also see it hard for the front window to come down with the cowl in place. I looks rad though.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I would opt against it.
  1. Drilling is excessive for just a light bar. So many other non-drill and removable options. This would be a major showstopper for me.
  2. How does this impact airflow? Looks like a big scoop that catches all the air trying to flow over the windshield. I think I'd rather see some formed gaps between lights & body that allows air to pass through.
  3. Is this effectively a fold down windshield delete?
  4. Jeeps are very stylistically conducive to aftermarket add-ons. Unlike other vehicles, they don't need to look OEM to look good. Sometimes deliberately not looking OEM is the whole point.
  5. I'm on the fence about whether this is a plus as an added sun shade or if it's a negative due to limited upward visibility. I do look up through my windshield fairly often.
It might go over well in the Urban Jeep market. I do not understand that market.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I would opt against it.
  1. Drilling is excessive for just a light bar. So many other non-drill and removable options. This would be a major showstopper for me.
  2. How does this impact airflow? Looks like a big scoop that catches all the air trying to flow over the windshield. I think I'd rather see some formed gaps between lights & body that allows air to pass through.
  3. Is this effectively a fold down windshield delete?
  4. Jeeps are very stylistically conducive to aftermarket add-ons. Unlike other vehicles, they don't need to look OEM to look good. Sometimes deliberately not looking OEM is the whole point.
  5. I'm on the fence about whether this is a plus as an added sun shade or if it's a negative due to limited upward visibility. I do look up through my windshield fairly often.
It might go over well in the Urban Jeep market. I do not understand that market.
1) Understood, thats what we are looking for feedback on so thanks.

2) Like the previous design we run CAE analysis on fluid dynamics throughout the development process to analyze the impacts of drag. This is actually a much more aerodynamic option compared to "exposed" light bars and the other advantage is is much quieter, none of the annoying whistle that you hear on many generic options.

3) From our initial mock-up, the windshield fold down is still functions (unlike other options)

4) Understood, appreciate that viewpoint.

5) Upward visibility will not be affected despite the low position of the light bar. Similarly you would need to put your head down by your knees to even see that is installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? IMG_7677
Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? IMG_7676

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Also, worth noting this was runner-up for Off-Road Product of the Year at the SEMA Show earlier this month. Pretty cool to be recognized for this innovative approach we took on this design.

IMG_0473-2.jpg

IMG_0656-2.jpg

Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I like this option! So long as I can fold down my windshield and it doesn’t obstruct vision this would be an option I like better than cowl lights I’ve been looking at. Do you have illustrations on what the drilling would look like? Freedom panels still pop on and off with this in place!?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I like this option! So long as I can fold down my windshield and it doesn’t obstruct vision this would be an option I like better than cowl lights I’ve been looking at. Do you have illustrations on what the drilling would look like? Freedom panels still pop on and off with this in place!?
The mounting will utilize blind-nuts, we include the tool needed to compress these. We already do something similar for other light bar setups like the TRX bumper bar, if you watch the video here starting at 3:40 you can see how it works.

Yes, Freedom Panels will still work just like normal, this will not obstruct.

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
5) Upward visibility will not be affected despite the low position of the light bar. Similarly you would need to put your head down by your knees to even see that is installed.
Just to follow up on this point, there's a lot less room in a wrangler than a bronco. For someone as tall as me, even with my seat leaned back as far as is comfortable, my sight line is only a couple inches below the top of the window frame. I constantly have to lean forward/down to see traffic lights (or just watch the reflection on the hood, lol). So I can see it definitely effecting that aspect of daily driving.

I'm sure that with more body room inside plus a more raked windshield in the bronco it wouldn't be an issue, but in the wrangler it could be. Demo-ing up some CAD (cardboard aided drafting) models of it to tape on a wrangler to post a couple pictures of could answer a lot of questions in that regard.

Otherwise, I do really like how sleek it is, just not entirely sure I'd be willing to take a drill to my Jeep for the install.

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
The mounting will utilize blind-nuts, we include the tool needed to compress these. We already do something similar for other light bar setups like the TRX bumper bar, if you watch the video here starting at 3:40 you can see how it works.

Yes, Freedom Panels will still work just like normal, this will not obstruct.
I get how the blind-nuts work, what I don’t get is where the holes on my jeep need to be to get this mounted. Are they in the windshield track that would be hidden?

~Blue392~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
I would be more interested in something like the Quadratec interior stealth light bar. Although it is not compatible with my Sky One Touch roof the install requires less modifications (none really), zero wind noise and less likely to be stolen. I live near Baltimore, MD. I have to keep these things in mind.

Sponsored

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I would be more interested in something like the Quadratec interior stealth light bar. Although it is not compatible with my Sky One Touch roof the install requires less modifications (none really), zero wind noise and less likely to be stolen. I live near Baltimore, MD. I have to keep these things in mind.
I like those as well but they do cut into your line of sight…that Is my reservation with those

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Looks nice, but I think it is too much personally. Drilling is definitely a deal breaker. I'm old school and like the cowl type lights, front grille lights and of course circular in style to match the round headlights of the Jeep. That's just my take.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Thanks for the feedback everyone, really interesting results...

Feedback from Gladiator Owners:

"Interested ... No fear of drilling holes."
"I’d be down... I’ve got a cordless drill and an itchy trigger finger 😂"
"I as a person who spends way too much money on uneeded things, volunteer."

Feedback from Wrangler Owners:

"Drilling is a no-go for me."
"Drilling is definitely a deal breaker."
"Drilling is excessive for just a light bar."

Got to say we are surprised at the stark difference in opinion between the two groups...

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Here is a quick teaser, more pictures and video coming soon!

Jeep Wrangler JL Integrated "Flush" Style Roof Mounted Light Bar- Who would be interested? oracle_integrated_led_lightbar_Jeep_JL_Gladiator
Sponsored