Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks for posting. Shows just how much variance there is from one dyno pull to another. The Airaid is way off, torque curve is nowhere near that flat. The K&N seems pretty accurate and consistent with actual engine performance. I don't put any real faith in the advertised gains. The kits are, however, usually worth the audible improvements in tone and aggression

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Unlimited Granite Gray
Considering doing an intake and exhaust upgrade. I’m curious if there is any 3rd party data showing any performance or mpg increases from any of the various intake and exhaust upgrades? Thx.
Definitely recommend going with the Flowmaster Outlaw cat back exhaust, great sound, low rumble. I have it on mine and it looks amazing.

for air intake i would recommend the S&B cold air intake, there's a you tube video on installation, easy quick, high quality product, and if you take the plastic clear cover off, you get a lot more sound too!!, I have that installed on mine, the filter is oiled but the performance is great! saw a noticeable 2MPG increase, which helped after i put 35s on my JL.

Also along with the intake i would recommend a oil catch can, UPR works but i recommend a Mishimoto, it will keep your engine performance tip top longer.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I went with the mopar CAI. I like the look and I figured it would be on the quiet side coming from mopar. It's actually quieter than stock by 2db. So if you prefer some noise it's not a good choice.

Yes catch cans are great for keeping dirty oil out of the intake. I preferred the UPR can due to the quality quick disconnect hoses they provide.
Sponsored