Insurance quotes

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Jeep will be here in less than a week. Progressive quoted me $413 for a 6 mo period in CO. Best price by far that I’ve seen for a $500 deductible with glass coverage. Guess I’ll be renewing my policy again.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Was quoted about $35 less every 6 months, compared to my Tacoma TRD Pro. Which will equate to about $90 a month

mde8965

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack; 2016 BMW X3
I am real jealous of some of you not in major metros and the cheap insurance. I am in Floriduh. And we get raped good and proper when it comes together insurance. For instance my house is small and is maybe worth $175k on a good day. It is in a flood zone though. Homeowners/flood insurance for the house costs me nearly $4500 year. That is nearly as much as the P&I on the mortgage.

I have 2 cars, I’m in my early 50’s and have no violations/accidents in 20+ years and no teens or kids on my insurance anymore. I pay about $2800/year for my BMW X3 and my Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. The X3 is about $1600 of that. I am hoping that when I get my Wrangler to replace the X3 that it’s less expensive and not more than the X3.

Stupid expensive insurance is what keeps me from owning another couple of hobby cars like and older Jeep and a fox body Mustang. I don’t understand how folks can afford to insure 4 or more cars unless you live in a state in which the insurance lobby does not own the states polititians (unlike Florida).

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
My insurance went down $2 a month from the JKU to the JLU, total is around $400 a year

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Can anyone comment on California insurance? Assuming that you're a new driver... Wrangler worth say $40K is the only car on the policy. You're in your late 20s. Roughly how much can you expect to pay?

Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Can anyone comment on California insurance? Assuming that you're a new driver... Wrangler worth say $40K is the only car on the policy. You're in your late 20s. Roughly how much can you expect to pay?
I'm pretty sure you won't get it for less than $150

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Dang... that's a lot.

Do you know if there's a comparison website for car insurance I can use?
I usually just ask around coworkers/friends how much they pay and what insurance they have. From there I compare the ones they mention by getting a quote myself....if you know someone on a less congested area you can always ask them if u can use their address because 9/10 times it will be cheaper than let's say downtown. For example, if you live in Los Angeles, someone with your same profile in Bakersfield/thousand oaks will pay less due to less "driving hazards"

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Does anyone know if it's cheaper to name someone with 10+ years of no claims & experience as the policy holder and add a less experienced driver as an additional driver?

Or would it cost the same as naming the inexperienced driver as the policy holder and adding the experienced driver as the additional driver?

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Does anyone know if it's cheaper to name someone with 10+ years of no claims & experience as the policy holder and add a less experienced driver as an additional driver?

Or would it cost the same as naming the inexperienced driver as the policy holder and adding the experienced driver as the additional driver?
It'll be based on the worse driver in the policy. I know from experience lol

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Its about $20 a month cheaper than with my Used Ram 1500 that I traded.

mtbikebear

First Name
Scott M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I use USAA

Mine is $42/month more every 6months than a 2015 Mustang Convertible EcoBoost
-- strangely -- the contender replace the Mustang was a 2017 Focus RS -- it was only $36 more..... I would have expected it to be way higher than the Jeep

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Wow I just got some quotes. $235 was the cheapest I got for comprehensive cover. Go figure. :facepalm:

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Wow I just got some quotes. $235 was the cheapest I got for comprehensive cover. Go figure. :facepalm:
There might be other insurance companies that insurance brokers might be able to get you. They're not as well advertised like geico, all state, farmers but they'll suffice. You can try going that way but make sure you got everything covered