Insurance Premiums Going Bonkers? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Coltron_Actual

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2006 LJ, 2021 Rubicon
Anyone else notice their recent or upcoming policy term's premiums have gone absolutely bonkers? My new term starts March 1. $1337 for my three Jeeps, up from about $980. Full coverage on all.
My '06 LJ's comp and collision cost double what they do on my '99 TJ (equal deductibles) -- either tons of people are wrecking '06 Jeeps, or the underwriters have discovered the "rarity" and value of those particular long TJ's.

(Clean driving records, accident free, homeowner, multiline policy defensive driver course -- getting all the discounts ahead already)
Sponsored

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
I think our policy went up about $200 for 3 vehicles, 1 being liability only. Seems a bit much of an increase for no accidents or speeding tickets. KNOCK ON WOOD!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I read an article saying car insurance rates would go up this year.

a TJ and LJ should qualify for collector vehicles which will be considerably less to insure.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My semi-annual automotive premiums have held steady. I've actually whittled them down quite a bit by availing myself of opt-in programs like Good Student Discount, and Drive Safe and Save.

Obviously, one has to have a high school/college-aged child at home that isn't stupid or reckless. ;)

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Mine was up $300 for our 6 month policy... biggest jump I've seen in a long time. For the last few years, I shop around for cheapest insurance every 6 months. Last time I was too lazy to do it, but I expect to change companies by the end of the year.

Sponsored

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My semi-annual automotive premiums have held steady. I've actually whittled them down quite a bit by availing myself of opt-in programs like Good Student Discount, and Drive Safe and Save.

Obviously, one has to have a high school/college-aged child at home that isn't stupid or reckless. ;)
I have had children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. But none of the above. So I had always high premiums.

303B71FD-20CB-458A-99FE-A3F44BF143CC.jpeg

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
It's nothing personal, and it's not just Jeeps. Everyone's premiums will be going up. Cost to repair has skyrocketed, amongst many other reasons.

It's not just your company either. Every company will raise rates.

SmallCrawler

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Would it be too much to ask for fewer insurance commercials? It seems that this ad category has exploded the last few years.

Maybe less advertising would help moderate the rates a little, and give us all a break from talking lizards, goofy jingles, and tired spokespeople.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Mine was up $300 for our 6 month policy... biggest jump I've seen in a long time. For the last few years, I shop around for cheapest insurance every 6 months. Last time I was too lazy to do it, but I expect to change companies by the end of the year.
This. I shop ins every 6 months and usually change every year. I have even gone back to a previous company that i had in the past. IDK but maybe they give cheeper quotes to new customers but i'll play that game.

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh

I'm fkd :CWL:

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
This. I shop ins every 6 months and usually change every year. I have even gone back to a previous company that i had in the past. IDK but maybe they give cheeper quotes to new customers but i'll play that game.
Right. I read some time ago that the companies give new customers better deals, much like cable companies (who I completely loathe). They count on inertia or perception of the pain of switching to gradually increase rates on existing customers. I have saved a good chunk of money doing this over the last few years. My laziness late last year probably cost me a hundred or two.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yeah mine went up about $100. I guess I should consider myself lucky it wasn’t more. 🤷‍♂️

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
The difference in insurance premium was a soft cost I did not expect to go up so dramatically. As a home owning clean record driver, I went from a $120 monthly premium to $210 monthly premium.

Liberty Mutual revised their risk assessment for the 4xe specific Wrangler, citing new data on repair costs.

For me, and the very limited gas only driving I do, this difference in premium actually exceeded my expected monthly gas expense.

I decided to drop Liberty Mutual (ten years plus customer) entirely because of that price increase, and have since switched to Progressive. But I’m sure Progressive will also jack up my rate once I’m up for renewal…

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Ours has actually dropped and we added a 15 1/2 yo driver. We added Safe Driver, Engineer Degree, AAA, and Teachers discounts. Because you can not stake the Teachers was 15% off.

What was odd is they are asking for proof or employment now. What we were told was because of Covid and the mass amount of fraud claims and claims alone most insurance companies are asking for more strict rules and more details. Yes we can thank those who push fraud, ask for free everything, college debt relief, free housing, riot when they want, and EBT!

Anyone else notice their recent or upcoming policy term's premiums have gone absolutely bonkers? My new term starts March 1. $1337 for my three Jeeps, up from about $980. Full coverage on all.
My '06 LJ's comp and collision cost double what they do on my '99 TJ (equal deductibles) -- either tons of people are wrecking '06 Jeeps, or the underwriters have discovered the "rarity" and value of those particular long TJ's.

(Clean driving records, accident free, homeowner, multiline policy defensive driver course -- getting all the discounts ahead already)
Sponsored