Sponsored

Instrument cluster will not save changes!

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I tried to search but can't find too much info. I changed the left, right, centre displays however all the changes will get reset back to default after shut down. Anybody experience this???
Thanks!
Sponsored

Connie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I am experiencing very similar situation ... upgraded to LED headlights (dealer installed) immediately upon completion of work from the dealer, the main screen default goes to the Vehicle Information instead of the the Speedometer that it had been, took it back but only got "Huh, we don't know", no matter what screen it is on when shut down, it goes to the Vehicle Information.

CrowHopping

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 Granite
youse guys get this sorted? New off the lot and mine won't save changes.

CrowHopping

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 Granite

Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra

CrowHopping

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 Granite
Just tired this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ts-preference-not-saving-metrics-vs-us.29776/

Seemed to have worked. Gonna let it soak and test in a few hours. First attempt failed, but I re-did it using a stop watch and looks to have worked.
OK a few hours and the saves are still loaded. Here was my starting state and operations:
  • Ignition set to run ( two presses without the break)
  • Radio on Environmental Controls ( No way this matters but)
  1. Press Green Phone button & Voice Recognition button at the same time.
    1. Done correctly you will not get any prompts from either button
  2. Hold for 30 seconds.
  3. release buttons
  4. Turn off the ignition and quickly open the Driver's door
  5. Leave the driver's door open for 30 seconds
  6. Close door and set ignition to run
  7. Enter new settings for the Console display
  8. exit settings menu and change screen
  9. Turn off ignition, exit vehicle
  10. Using a wrench over tighten a bolt till you bust you knuckles as a blood sacrifice.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK a few hours and the saves are still loaded. Here was my starting state and operations:
  • Ignition set to run ( two presses without the break)
  • Radio on Environmental Controls ( No way this matters but)
  1. Press Green Phone button & Voice Recognition button at the same time.
    1. Done correctly you will not get any prompts from either button
  2. Hold for 30 seconds.
  3. release buttons
  4. Turn off the ignition and quickly open the Driver's door
  5. Leave the driver's door open for 30 seconds
  6. Close door and set ignition to run
  7. Enter new settings for the Console display
  8. exit settings menu and change screen
  9. Turn off ignition, exit vehicle
  10. Using a wrench over tighten a bolt till you bust you knuckles as a blood sacrifice.
5 restarts, and so far, so good. I'll be thrilled if this lasts.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
And it's back
Any luck trying something else? I just got my 2020 JL 5 days ago and having this problem. Tried this method no luck.

I found another thread guy said he changed one setting (i.e. top left), turned off ignition, opened door, turned on, changed another setting (center), turned off, opened door, etc. and it stuck.

I'm gonna give that a try hopefully it works. Only other option I've read that works is having Jeep replace the whole cluster which takes weeks months for some.

Love this Jeep, been waiting years to get it but frustrated something as basic as this goes wrong less than a week after buying new.

Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any luck trying something else? I just got my 2020 JL 5 days ago and having this problem. Tried this method no luck.

I found another thread guy said he changed one setting (i.e. top left), turned off ignition, opened door, turned on, changed another setting (center), turned off, opened door, etc. and it stuck.

I'm gonna give that a try hopefully it works. Only other option I've read that works is having Jeep replace the whole cluster which takes weeks months for some.

Love this Jeep, been waiting years to get it but frustrated something as basic as this goes wrong less than a week after buying new.

None so far. I tried the suggestion you outlined above, and hopefully it will work... However, at this point I think it may be another trip to the dealership.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None so far. I tried the suggestion you outlined above, and hopefully it will work... However, at this point I think it may be another trip to the dealership.
I tried, did not work for me. Dealership for me too.. if I figure anything out I'll post here..

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried, did not work for me. Dealership for me too.. if I figure anything out I'll post here..
So I tried the method mentioned earlier in this thread again and got it to keep the updates to the top left, center, and top right. Which is great, but the Average MPG, and Trip A/B stats revert back again on each restart. Always starts at 21.7 average MPG and 55 minutes on both trips.

Hopefully it doesn't take the dealer too long to replace the cluster when I bring it in...

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
have the dealer to reflash/updated to the latest pcm. mine used to not display odm reading and can't turn the headlight off. all fixed after the reflash.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
have the dealer to reflash/updated to the latest pcm. mine used to not display odm reading and can't turn the headlight off. all fixed after the reflash.
They tried the “flash”, didn’t work.

I know everyone gets different stories from their dealer but this is what mine said a couple hours ago..

Apparently Jeep told them this is a software problem and they are “refurbishing” not replacing these. I’m bringing my JLU back to the dealer, they have to download information from my cluster... then they send this info back to Jeep and Jeep provides the dealer with a module or something (sorry I forgot exactly what he said) ...takes 3-16 days then when my dealership gets the module I’ll bring my JLU back they update the software.

Hopefully this works I’ll update the thread, but it’s gonna take a while..
Sponsored