juanf523

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2018 Rubicon
Hello All,

We figured out my brother in laws problem. Remember when I said we removed the C6 connector and it stopped doing it we know which cable it was on his car. We didnt trouble shoot more before because we didnt want to cut wires. We ordered a replacement bcm and it still hasnt arrived.

We found out the the connector gets split in half. Theres a black side with pins 1-24 and a gray side with pins 25-48. We thought it was the black one that had the Door Ajar sensors but it turns out it was the gray one. Removed a couple of pins at a time and waited like 5-10 minutes for the dash to turn on and if they did put the pins back and move to the next. There are 16 pins in all connected. On the 3rd set we got lucky. It turns out it was pin #28 which is the RIGHT FRONT LIGHTING FAULT SENSE. We left it unplugged for a hour and nothing. We plugged it back in and did a rerest and it turned back on in 5 min after we closed the door and set the alarm. Removed rhat pin and again left it unplugged for another hour and the dash never turned on.

We are pretty sure this is the problem. The sensor that lets the car know that there is a fault in the right front light. We will leave it unplugged as its only purpose i think is to let the dash know your lights are out on the right front.

This problem was extremly hard ro diagnose as I previously stated as its been over a year already. We got lucky as his electric powersteps started having problems. We unplugged the C6 connector which has 2 pins which are connected to the power steps on the black side and the light problem went away. Because of the power step problem we figured B the light problem.

It might not be the same problem for you but the 2 sensors for fault in front light are pin 25 and pin 28 for the right front. There are a couple more sensors plugged into that c6 but check those out.

First step is to try the whole C6 connector and close the car. Only issue is that rhe c6 connector also controls the locks so with the c6 connector not plugged in the car wont lock.

Hope this helps you out.
Sponsored

Dennis844

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport Altitude
Update!!!
Was told they were unable to find any issues with anything. Quoted all the info from above to assist them. Jeep was in the shop for almost 2 weeks. Needed a ride for the weekend so they told me to come pick it up. Got there and the batteries were dead, my guess was from the lights staying on. 6 hours later they said they needed new batteries in the vehicle. They changed and I went home. Low and behold, bet you can’t guess what was happening, went back out in garage for an adult beverage and the lights for the dash were still on. They literally just quit working on it because they couldn’t figure it out and they got the same result I do. Dead batteries! Spoke with one of the owners of the dealership and he got the ball rolling on Lemon Law replacement. The Service Manager was not even aware there was a problem, which to me is a problem. Now wants to replace the dash cluster, again. We will see what the owner has to say. He gave me his info and said if I have trouble, please reach out. Will keep y’all posted. This should be fun.

juanf523

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2018 Rubicon
Update!!!
Was told they were unable to find any issues with anything. Quoted all the info from above to assist them. Jeep was in the shop for almost 2 weeks. Needed a ride for the weekend so they told me to come pick it up. Got there and the batteries were dead, my guess was from the lights staying on. 6 hours later they said they needed new batteries in the vehicle. They changed and I went home. Low and behold, bet you can’t guess what was happening, went back out in garage for an adult beverage and the lights for the dash were still on. They literally just quit working on it because they couldn’t figure it out and they got the same result I do. Dead batteries! Spoke with one of the owners of the dealership and he got the ball rolling on Lemon Law replacement. The Service Manager was not even aware there was a problem, which to me is a problem. Now wants to replace the dash cluster, again. We will see what the owner has to say. He gave me his info and said if I have trouble, please reach out. Will keep y’all posted. This should be fun.
Man what a piece of work that those people. Let me know if you try what I told you. Its definately something with the BCM keeping the computer awake. Disconnect the bcm plugs and it should turn off. Since the culprit is not plugged on. Just gotta figure out which wire is doing it.
So many people having this problem and Jeep cant figure it out crazy.

Also i looks like its happening more frequently now for you which ahould be easier to troubleshoot now.

Wish I could assist you. I love trying to solve weird problems like this.

Dennis844

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport Altitude
Man what a piece of work that those people. Let me know if you try what I told you. Its definately something with the BCM keeping the computer awake. Disconnect the bcm plugs and it should turn off. Since the culprit is not plugged on. Just gotta figure out which wire is doing it.
So many people having this problem and Jeep cant figure it out crazy.

Also i looks like its happening more frequently now for you which ahould be easier to troubleshoot now.

Wish I could assist you. I love trying to solve weird problems like this.
I truly appreciate all your insight on this! As I am sure others do as well.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I truly appreciate all your insight on this! As I am sure others do as well.
You know a had a similar problem with a 2014 4runner. Dash lights would stay on among other weird things. Doors didn't lock I think? Anyway they replaced a bunch of stuff but what it ended up being was a portable radio charger that was plugged into the 12v...wasn't a 12v charger. Was causing all the issues.

Sponsored

Dennis844

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport Altitude
You know a had a similar problem with a 2014 4runner. Dash lights would stay on among other weird things. Doors didn't lock I think? Anyway they replaced a bunch of stuff but what it ended up being was a portable radio charger that was plugged into the 12v...wasn't a 12v charger. Was causing all the issues.
That is very strange that something that takes power and does not send any signal could cause something like that.

ThePenguin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Hello All,

We figured out my brother in laws problem. Remember when I said we removed the C6 connector and it stopped doing it we know which cable it was on his car. We didnt trouble shoot more before because we didnt want to cut wires. We ordered a replacement bcm and it still hasnt arrived.

We found out the the connector gets split in half. Theres a black side with pins 1-24 and a gray side with pins 25-48. We thought it was the black one that had the Door Ajar sensors but it turns out it was the gray one. Removed a couple of pins at a time and waited like 5-10 minutes for the dash to turn on and if they did put the pins back and move to the next. There are 16 pins in all connected. On the 3rd set we got lucky. It turns out it was pin #28 which is the RIGHT FRONT LIGHTING FAULT SENSE. We left it unplugged for a hour and nothing. We plugged it back in and did a rerest and it turned back on in 5 min after we closed the door and set the alarm. Removed rhat pin and again left it unplugged for another hour and the dash never turned on.

We are pretty sure this is the problem. The sensor that lets the car know that there is a fault in the right front light. We will leave it unplugged as its only purpose i think is to let the dash know your lights are out on the right front.

This problem was extremly hard ro diagnose as I previously stated as its been over a year already. We got lucky as his electric powersteps started having problems. We unplugged the C6 connector which has 2 pins which are connected to the power steps on the black side and the light problem went away. Because of the power step problem we figured B the light problem.

It might not be the same problem for you but the 2 sensors for fault in front light are pin 25 and pin 28 for the right front. There are a couple more sensors plugged into that c6 but check those out.

First step is to try the whole C6 connector and close the car. Only issue is that rhe c6 connector also controls the locks so with the c6 connector not plugged in the car wont lock.

Hope this helps you out.
I've started having the same issue. This all started after I replaced my turn signals doing the fender chop. My right front fault sensor came on, u didn't think anything about it since all the lights worked.
I just disconnected the plug ins for the lights. My dash is staying off now! Hopefully tomorrow morning the Jeep will start! If so then I've got a set of lights to replace. Hopefully warranty! Lol

pianoman8t8

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD
juanf523, did you happen to try to read any codes? Did a front light sensor code show up at all anywhere before you ended up finding that as the culprit? My jeep is doing the same, I've had to jump it twice in the last week. Pretty annoying.

pianoman8t8

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD
Mine isn't showing any alerts or messages on the dash, but it occasionally isn't "sleeping" after I get out. I have disconnected the battery recently to reset the radio after I jumped it last time.

glen711

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited/Ecodiesel
I have had the same problem. Check fuse F05. Mine was burned out, I replaced it and problem gone. That's the short version. It has to do with the Security Gateway.

Sponsored

kevinme

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
Im currently having same issue. center gauge cluster stays on as well as shifter lights when i turn jeep off. i did find that fuse f15 will kill the light to the dash and f25 kills light to shifter so my battery doesnt drain down. I unplugged both batteries and let jeep set for 4 hours but didnt help when i hooked it all back up just now.

glen711

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im currently having same issue. center gauge cluster stays on as well as shifter lights when i turn jeep off. i did find that fuse f15 will kill the light to the dash and f25 kills light to shifter so my battery doesnt drain down. I unplugged both batteries and let jeep set for 4 hours but didnt help when i hooked it all back up just now.
Hello. I tried all the fuse removal recommendations I found on here and like you, nothing worked. I have a very long story regarding this but won’t go into it here. Try this. Leave all your fuses plugged in, make sure there’re all seated properly and check fuse #F05. Mine was, replaced, problem went away. Let me know if it works. I’ve tried to pass this on but haven’t heard any results. Glen

kevinme

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara
Hello. I tried all the fuse removal recommendations I found on here and like you, nothing worked. I have a very long story regarding this but won’t go into it here. Try this. Leave all your fuses plugged in, make sure there’re all seated properly and check fuse #F05. Mine was, replaced, problem went away. Let me know if it works. I’ve tried to pass this on but haven’t heard any results. Glen

Craziest thing.....I went and looked for F05 and there wasnt even a fuse in it. Put a fuse in it and issue went away. Im glad you responded!!!Thanks so much

glen711

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Craziest thing.....I went and looked for F05 and there wasnt even a fuse in it. Put a fuse in it and issue went away. Im glad you responded!!!Thanks so much
Awesome! I hope some of the other people on here read it and try it without getting so far into the weeds trying to fix it.