Instrument cluster and gear indicator staying on

glen711

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited/Ecodiesel
Same issue is happening with me. 2021 4xe. Started happening at about 19k miles. Wake up to a dead battery and have to push it out of the garage to jump start it with my truck. Dash display and gear selector PRND stays active. Display says, "Press Brake and Push Button to Start." No key for is in vicinity, gearshift selector is in park, ignition button is in OFF position. It is also a pain to jump in the mornings as the error codes have to be cleared before the accelerator pedal responds. For $62k that this cost, that new Bronco is looking mighty attractive!
Check fuse F05to see if it’s missing or blown. . Long story but I believe this might be the solution solution
Sponsored

JoySteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
I was able to resolve this. It was actually caused by a software revision to my Tazer JL. Once I updated that to the latest firmware I haven't had the issue recur.

Badbear0416

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hello All,

We figured out my brother in laws problem. Remember when I said we removed the C6 connector and it stopped doing it we know which cable it was on his car. We didnt trouble shoot more before because we didnt want to cut wires. We ordered a replacement bcm and it still hasnt arrived.

We found out the the connector gets split in half. Theres a black side with pins 1-24 and a gray side with pins 25-48. We thought it was the black one that had the Door Ajar sensors but it turns out it was the gray one. Removed a couple of pins at a time and waited like 5-10 minutes for the dash to turn on and if they did put the pins back and move to the next. There are 16 pins in all connected. On the 3rd set we got lucky. It turns out it was pin #28 which is the RIGHT FRONT LIGHTING FAULT SENSE. We left it unplugged for a hour and nothing. We plugged it back in and did a rerest and it turned back on in 5 min after we closed the door and set the alarm. Removed rhat pin and again left it unplugged for another hour and the dash never turned on.

We are pretty sure this is the problem. The sensor that lets the car know that there is a fault in the right front light. We will leave it unplugged as its only purpose i think is to let the dash know your lights are out on the right front.

This problem was extremly hard ro diagnose as I previously stated as its been over a year already. We got lucky as his electric powersteps started having problems. We unplugged the C6 connector which has 2 pins which are connected to the power steps on the black side and the light problem went away. Because of the power step problem we figured B the light problem.

It might not be the same problem for you but the 2 sensors for fault in front light are pin 25 and pin 28 for the right front. There are a couple more sensors plugged into that c6 but check those out.

First step is to try the whole C6 connector and close the car. Only issue is that rhe c6 connector also controls the locks so with the c6 connector not plugged in the car wont lock.

Hope this helps you out.
Similar issues as jeep cluster and prndl won't turn off plus won't start or even go into acc mode and no power windows. I thought something to do with c5 bcm maybe a spread/slit terminal or something g to do with this Lin bus. I'm still trying to find out what wire in pin 14 is used for?...rear washer park or something?

glen711

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited/Ecodiesel
I was able to resolve this. It was actually caused by a software revision to my Tazer JL. Once I updated that to the latest firmware I haven't had the issue recur.
Similar issues as jeep cluster and prndl won't turn off plus won't start or even go into acc mode and no power windows. I thought something to do with c5 bcm maybe a spread/slit terminal or something g to do with this Lin bus. I'm still trying to find out what wire in pin 14 is used for?...rear washer park or something?
Check to see if fuse F05 is blown or missing.

Badbear0416

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Check to see if fuse F05 is blown or missing.
Ya did that but I seem to be having other issues I just came across also as I'm thinking something in bcm with a new oart I pinned in but old instructions and fca is well known to change wires/ pin layouts
Sponsored