Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I don't know how long this has been going on but noticed it a few days ago when I went into my dark garage and I saw lights coming from the interior. I walked over and the instrument cluster and gear indicator lights were on. I've since kept an eye on it and they are always on every time I look. I've parked it in the driveway with the keyfob in the house to check if that's what was doing it but still the same results. The instrument cluster is always on the screen telling you to push the brake to start the engine. I'm at a loss. I guess it's off to the dealer. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You put it in park before shut down? if not the ignition wont turn off.

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Yes i put it in park before turning off but thanks.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have experienced the same issue and was leaving the FOB in the vehicle since it was garage kept but the gear display thing you described was the issue so I moved the FOB to the house and still had issues so reported it to the dealer along with several other issues like my battery voltage running a steady 14 volts whether idle or running down the road and I was told that the gear display might go off after 2-3 mins or 45 mins and itā€™s normal which I call BS but itā€™s always out after awhile so guess I need not worry until I get the click of death on a dead battery

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
Well I just went out to fool with it and the battery was dead and it wouldn't start. I also had a message in the instrument cluster to put in park. It was in park. After jumping it it seems to have reset something and the lights all went off after shutting the engine off after about a minute. So time will tell but it seems it may be related to the shifter. It's an auto fwiw

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm mine is an automatic as well so guessing I need to go out and check mine as I am at work and donā€™t want to be stuck here in the a.m

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just went out to the parking garage at work and all is dark so hopped into the seat and fired right up then shut it down and took several minutes for the display to go dark so cranked it up again and the next time it only took a minute or less to go out so did it a third time and it took like 3-4 mins so itā€™s got a mind of its own but then lots here report there battery voltage displayed going down the road at like 12.7-12.9 and mine runs a solid 14 and with the Jeep off and no accessories running it displays 12.6-12.7 so maybe I have a friendly electrical demon as itā€™s not left me stranded yet.

I really need to find a new hobby as worrying about whatā€™s gonna pop up next on my JLU for me and my OCD to obsess about is not a good hobby.

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU / Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I don't know how long this has been going on but noticed it a few days ago when I went into my dark garage and I saw lights coming from the interior. I walked over and the instrument cluster and gear indicator lights were on. I've since kept an eye on it and they are always on every time I look. I've parked it in the driveway with the keyfob in the house to check if that's what was doing it but still the same results. The instrument cluster is always on the screen telling you to push the brake to start the engine. I'm at a loss. I guess it's off to the dealer. Anyone else experience this?
We experienced the same thing out at KOH and it has not remained on. We have to jump it every morning. What conclusion did you come to?

OP
OP
1idrod

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Builder
We experienced the same thing out at KOH and it has not remained on. We have to jump it every morning. What conclusion did you come to?
Mine actually quit on it's own. I wasn't sure if an update automatically fixed it or not but it hasn't done it since shortly after delivery. It lasted a few weeks then all was good. Back then I thought it might be shifter related but really I don't know. Good luck. I wish I could answer it for you or maybe hold the answer hostage for a nice coilover but I can't. Lol

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Hi guys, sorry to bump this thread but Iā€™m having the same issues over a hundred miles away from home camping out before Rausch creek. I disconnected the main battery and lights stay on. Anything ideas ?

Sponsored

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I had this issue and found another thread on this website that says to pull the fuse F25 for the shifter for 2 minutes. Worked for me.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Did pulling the fuse work for you guys, I though that I had this problem, but I was leaving the gun turret energized. After powering down the gun turret everything was back to normal.

JLNYC227

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Hey thank you so much this saved the day here.
I had this issue and found another thread on this website that says to pull the fuse F25 for the shifter for 2 minutes. Worked for me.
Saved the day, thank you so much for lending advice

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi guys, sorry to bump this thread but Iā€™m having the same issues over a hundred miles away from home camping out before Rausch creek. I disconnected the main battery and lights stay on. Anything ideas ?
Hi @JLNYC227
We are sorry to hear that this happened! If you continue to have this concern, we recommend bringing it to the attention of your dealer. Of course, please keep in mind that our team is always available via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares