Sponsored

Instant Spray On Soft Top Window Cleaner?

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
What do you guys use to instantly clean your soft top windows?
I am using BestTop Window Cleaner but am looking for an instant spray on alternative to the wax like polish that requires buffing for quick touch ups in between washings.
Thanks
Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I am using BestTop Window Cleaner but am looking for an instant spray on alternative to the wax like polish that requires buffing for quick touch ups in between washings.
Thanks
I use Plexus it's the best I have been using it for years on my sailboat plastic windows and its great

KodyT215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Thanks
Novus or Plexus. No in between touch ups for me since wiping off even a light coating of dust will scratch the windows and I'd rather keep them dirty than scratch. Both Novus and Plexus do remove some scratches and provide protection and are used after washing with the foam cannon

Sponsored

OP
OP

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Novus or Plexus. No in between touch ups for me since wiping off even a light coating of dust will scratch the windows and I'd rather keep them dirty than scratch. Both Novus and Plexus do remove some scratches and provide protection and are used after washing with the foam cannon
So the application is foam like for both and not wax ? Hand buffing the best top cleaner is hard on the arms and the pressure cant be good for the windows

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Plexus for me. I emailed the company and asked about the Jeep windows, they replied it was excellent for them. Damn, they were RIGHT! I've used Plexus for years on headlights. The 10 year old Mazda 3 we just sold had headlights that were crystal clear as the day we bought it. It's good on the touch screen too.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Plexus for me. I emailed the company and asked about the Jeep windows, they replied it was excellent for them. Damn, they were RIGHT! I've used Plexus for years on headlights. The 10 year old Mazda 3 we just sold had headlights that were crystal clear as the day we bought it. It's good on the touch screen too.
I have been using Plexus for years on my sailboat plastic windows. BUT to do the job right I hose the windows down first with some water. Dry with soft micro fiber cloth then put some Plexus on a micro fiber dry cloth and apply to the window only ONE WAY not CIRCLES. Then dry with a clean micro fiber again only oner way

OP
OP

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you also not touch up wndows ? I bought the Best Top 3 pc kit and have used their window cleaner and top cleaner.
I plan to get the Aerospace 303 for trim and tires and the Turtle Wax Ice for the wax. Seems like the Plexus is popular on this forum too.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
You mean the glass windows? Nope

Sponsored

OP
OP

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been using Plexus for years on my sailboat plastic windows. BUT to do the job right I hose the windows down first with some water. Dry with soft micro fiber cloth then put some Plexus on a micro fiber dry cloth and apply to the window only ONE WAY not CIRCLES. Then dry with a clean micro fiber again only oner way
You mean the glass windows? Nope
No. I mean The soft top windows. I use Rain X for the glass and they stay pretty clean.

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Do you also not touch up wndows ? I bought the Best Top 3 pc kit and have used their window cleaner and top cleaner.
I plan to get the Aerospace 303 for trim and tires and the Turtle Wax Ice for the wax. Seems like the Plexus is popular on this forum too.
Love the Turtle was Ice and the Plexus

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just hose off and use an MF towel. Don't use paper towels.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The soft top windows scratch if you look st them wrong ;). I wouldn’t use anything on them without washing them with soap and water first.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How do you do the inside of the soft top windows? I mean the outside step 1 is hose off. Step two is dry with MF cloth. Step three is Plex or novus (3 step product). What's step one for inside?
Sponsored