Sponsored

Installing the Alpine PSS-23WRA in a 2018 2 Door.

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
Morning,

I want to purchase and install the Alpine PSS-23WRA in my 2018 2 Door JL Rubicon.... But I noticed this before I ordered:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing the Alpine PSS-23WRA in a 2018 2 Door. 1654600881397

So Apparently the 2018 2 Doors have a Scissor Style Seat Bracket?

Now I found this video, and based on his explanation, my 2018 2-door passenger seat is exactly as his. It Slides Forward and does not fold and tumble forward as he describes. Maybe Jeep changed the seat bracket mid 2018 and some of the models actually had the newer bracket?

It seems like I should be good with the Alpine PSS-23WRA in my 2018 2 door, because the Passenger seat slides, rather fold and tumble.

Thoughts? LOLS

Thanks.

DonBucket
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Morning,

I want to purchase and install the Alpine PSS-23WRA in my 2018 2 Door JL Rubicon.... But I noticed this before I ordered:

Jeep Wrangler JL Installing the Alpine PSS-23WRA in a 2018 2 Door. 1654600881397

So Apparently the 2018 2 Doors have a Scissor Style Seat Bracket?

Now I found this video, and based on his explanation, my 2018 2-door passenger seat is exactly as his. It Slides Forward and does not fold and tumble forward as he describes. Maybe Jeep changed the seat bracket mid 2018 and some of the models actually had the newer bracket?

It seems like I should be good with the Alpine PSS-23WRA in my 2018 2 door, because the Passenger seat slides, rather fold and tumble.

Thoughts? LOLS

Thanks.

DonBucket
My 2018 is the same... According to the first comment this looks like a mid-2018 change.

OP
OP
DonBucket

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door
My 2018 is the same... According to the first comment this looks like a mid-2018 change.
AnnDee444, were you able to install the Alpine system in your 2018 JL 2 Door?

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I installed it in my 18 2 door.

Like you I saw the same warning , but my seat slid forward and did not tumble so I took the chance. Install is fairly straight forward and the quadratec install video is really good to watch and follow. Took me less than 2 hours to install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DonBucket

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door

Like you I saw the same warning , but my seat slid forward and did not tumble so I took the chance. Install is fairly straight forward and the quadratec install video is really good to watch and follow. Took me less than 2 hours to install.

Awesome. I really need more sound! I may go for it.

Allen0jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06LJ,
Clubs

How much better is the sound now that you have it in. And how hard does the base hit

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
How much better is the sound now that you have it in. And how hard does the base hit
I can't comment on the sound improvement with the stock 4" speakers as I upgraded the fronts to 6.5" components which was a big improvement by itself.

The sub gave some much needed lower end to the system but keep in mind that it is an 8" woofer in an enclosure smaller than a shoebox. It hits but nowhere near as well as a larger sub in a proper sized enclosure.

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Did anyone look at the difference between the 23WRA and the 24WRA?

23WRA is a sub/amp and a pair of 1" tweeters for $1.4k. The 24WRA includes two 6.5" speakers and two sound bar speakers for an extra $600.

Trying to decide if it's worth it or not.

OP
OP
DonBucket

DonBucket

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door

23WRA is a sub/amp and a pair of 1" tweeters for $1.4k. The 24WRA includes two 6.5" speakers and two sound bar speakers for an extra $600.

As I see it, there issue is we are paying for convince of a simple install. I Mean at the end of the day $2000 for "Sound Quality" in a Jeep is kind of Nutty. Between the Mud Terrains road noise, no Doors, all sorts of other rattles... "Sound Quality" is not going to really happen... but what I really need is a little more volume...

Once I get over 40mph with no doors, It's near impossible to hear the music.
Maybe an AMP and some roll bar speakers will do the trick?

Something like this: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-NaCi2mEEOnG/p_20612KMTES/Kicker-KMTES-Black.html along with a decent amp?

It's hard to stomach $1,400 for the setup... let alone $2000.

Even my wife thought we needed more volume driving around yesterday at full blast... lols.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR

Just picked up the Alpine PSS-24WRA for my 19 JLUR, I thought it was worth the difference to get the two front knee speakers and the sound bar speakers. I bought mine from justforjeeps.com and got a coupon which made the final total w/fs $1899 and it shipped same day and arrived 2 days later (very impressive).

I installed the two soundbar speakers SPV-65-JLT before even putting in the amp/sub and other four speakers and it was quite incredible how much louder it was from the sound bar. If you didn't want to spend the entire amount even upgrading the sound bar speakers is a big upgrade. I just finished the install of the PSS-24WRA and most definitely the hardest part is taking off all the trim to install two damn speakers. The other portion installing the amp/power wire and tweeters was not that bad and even the sound bar portion didnt take that much time.

I did find a good video to follow to assist which I would recommend. Also pay attention to the orange/brown wire with RCA plug you will need to use this in order for the sub to work. It comes from the factory with the orange/brown wire already plugged in. This step was missed when I installed.

I can say for sure it gets incredibly loud, i used to have to turn up nearly full volume and now i go about a quarter of the volume and its super loud and clear. Definitely pricey and paying for the plug/play aspect. Would recommend.
Sponsored

Last edited: