Sponsored

Installing Rubicon front and rear bumpers on Sport S and activating parking sensors

Aviel

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S Stingray Gray // 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Hi guys, finally got myself a Wrangler after years of wanting one. I got a 2019 JL Sport S Stingray Gray. My friend has a set of Rubicon front and rear bumpers that hes selling to me comes with everything sensors and lights, I was wondering if I would be able to some how connect the parking sensors and make them work on my Sport S? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, finally got myself a Wrangler after years of wanting one. I got a 2019 JL Sport S Stingray Gray. My friend has a set of Rubicon front and rear bumpers that hes selling to me comes with everything sensors and lights, I was wondering if I would be able to some how connect the parking sensors and make them work on my Sport S? Thanks in advance!
I don’t know the full answer, but look up a tazerjl and see if they list being able to do this. Note the rubicon has different fenders and the fender to rear bumper transition will be off.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I can't answer your question, but welcome and congrats! Excellent choice in color:like: I also have a SG Sport S. Check out the SG section under Show and Tell and post some pics of your new baby:involve:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You can use the AlfaOBD software and a Bluetooth OBD connector. If it's a 2019 you will also need the double bypass module because Mopar put a lockout on the OBD connector in 2018 and newer models.

http://www.alfaobd.com

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...8525088&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull-spons&psc=1

https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass

This will let you program the Body Control Computer. Be careful what you select. You can mess you vehicle up if you don;t know what you are doing. I've used this to enable Performance Pages, Install Paddle Shifters, and disable the fog light cut out with bright lights on a 2018 Challenger SXT Plus.

OP
OP

Aviel

First Name
Giovanni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S Stingray Gray // 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Thanks for the info guys I appeciate it! I thought I would be able to connect it without spending too much so ill prob wont use them, but good to know in case I change my mind in the future. Ill post some pictures of my Jeep once I get the Rubicon bumpers put on!

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
All in all, for the software, bluetooth connector, and bypass module, you are looking at about $200 but you can make changes in the future and you can use everything on multiple vehicles. You are not tied to marrying the devices to one particular vehicle like you are with a Tazer.
Sponsored