Installing Power Locks , Help!

Rdwrv4

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020jl
There are threads about this but not exactly my situation. I would like to install power locks on my 2018 JL 2dr with manual doors. I am doing this with the hope of installing the factory remote start. Does anyone know if this is possible?.and what needs to be done. I know the power locks and harness can be installed but nobody has commented on cutting the door panel to have the switch for the locks. Or if I can leave this off?? Will my existing harness support this ?? Will my I be able to get the ECU programed? I really would like to have a remote start and I'm happy with my manual windows , actually if I could install the remote start without power locks I would be happy with that too. But I don't know if that's possible because the remote start locks the doors. Hope one of you guys knows about this stuff ,thx Robin
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Isn't there an aftermarket solution for remote start that you don't need to install power windows first?
The range blows on the OEM remote start, if I didn't have it, I would have done a much better range application.

OP
OP

Rdwrv4

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020jl
Thxbut I want to use the factory remote start

OP
OP