First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
Has anyone done this to mitigate the lift kit back down to a realistic 2"? Everywhere I see it's around a 3-3.5" lift.

I would be ordering the same 3.6 in 2dr instead of 4 dr for my '21 sahara unlimited with tow package and sky one touch top.

Not planning on winch, steel bumpers, etc. I have 33" BFG AT KO2s and do not want to go any higher.

Thanks all
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Not running the Mopar kit, but from what I’ve read the 2” is on Rubicon models. Others models are netting 3” range. I’m running Synergy 2” and from what I’ve seen in person on other Rubicon’s running the Mopar we netted about the same. Roughly 2.5” lift. Give or take a little.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
If you want to stay with 33" wheels, you can save a ton of money by installing the Teraflex 1.5 spacer leveling kit (2" in the front and 1.5" at the rear). No problems with suspension geometry, etc.

The Mopar 2" lift is not a complete kit, you will need front and rear adjustable track bars even if you install the 2-door lift on the 4-door.

OP
OP
amantel12

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
If you want to stay with 33" wheels, you can save a ton of money by installing the Teraflex 1.5 spacer leveling kit (2" in the front and 1.5" at the rear). No problems with suspension geometry, etc.

The Mopar 2" lift is not a complete kit, you will need front and rear adjustable track bars even if you install the 2-door lift on the 4-door.
I have the extended warranty so the only thing available is the MOPAR (with dealer installation 🙄)

OP
OP
amantel12

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
Not running the Mopar kit, but from what I’ve read the 2” is on Rubicon models. Others models are netting 3” range. I’m running Synergy 2” and from what I’ve seen in person on other Rubicon’s running the Mopar we netted about the same. Roughly 2.5” lift. Give or take a little.
So, theoretically, 2dr 3.6 is 300 lbs less than the 4dr Sahara 3.6.
And the rubi 3.6 is approx 200 more.

based off that, a 2dr 3.6 kit would net about the same or a little less than the rubi. Hopefully

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I am not sure how the warranty conditions work in the USA. You will be just below a 2" lift so the warranty should not be affected.

OP
OP
amantel12

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
UDPATE:

looking up curb weights on automobile-catalog.com:
2 dr rubicon 3.6 auto = 4,193 curb weight​
4 dr sahara 3.6 auto = 4,263 curb weight (70 lb difference)​

Looks like I'll be going with 77072396AE (2 dr, 3.6L mopar 2" lift) to get to a true 2". Will post updates when complete in a couple of weeks. Thanks for your input guys

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
No way is it only 70lbs. difference with two extra doors. The doors alone weigh that much.

Should be around 200lbs. more. All the better for you.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
No way is it only 70lbs. difference with two extra doors. The doors alone weigh that much.

Should be around 200lbs. more. All the better for you.
Rubicon have heavier axles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
amantel12

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
So I got the lift installed at the dealer yesterday. Very happy with it. Rides great, even better than stock IMO. Looks like all around it landed at 2.5”+/-. Rear looks a little high to me but it might settle out (also noticed the other side is halfway up the curb 🤦🏻‍♀️)

no regrets- overall I think it’s a great option for someone WITHOUT a rubicon wanting less than 3-4” lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installing MOPAR 2" 2 door lift on 4 door B6D3A4F5-0E7D-44EF-A6BE-2EDDB671B11A

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S Unlimited
So I got the lift installed at the dealer yesterday. Very happy with it. Rides great, even better than stock IMO. Looks like all around it landed at 2.5”+/-. Rear looks a little high to me but it might settle out (also noticed the other side is halfway up the curb 🤦🏻‍♀️)

no regrets- overall I think it’s a great option for someone WITHOUT a rubicon wanting less than 3-4” lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Installing MOPAR 2" 2 door lift on 4 door B6D3A4F5-0E7D-44EF-A6BE-2EDDB671B11A
Hey! After driving around for a while, how does it feel? Really curious about this as I eventually want 34s and don't want to look like my sport s JLU skipped leg day

OP
OP
amantel12

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
@Mike
Hey! After driving around for a while, how does it feel? Really curious about this as I eventually want 34s and don't want to look like my sport s JLU skipped leg day
after one year it’s still been a great choice. No issues or sag at all. I’ll also probably get 34s for my next set of tires and will fit nicely under there too.

Mikehikespnw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport S Unlimited
@amantel12 Sweet! thank you. I plan on doing this when my 33s wear out. Stoked this worked out for you