Installing Kicker DSC 350 help.

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Bought these speakers as an inexpensive upgrade and was under the these would be plug and play and they aren’t. What do I need to do or buy to connect them to the Jeep harness? There is no piece on the new speakers to plug the harness into.

Sorry for the dumb question. I’m just inexperienced.

Thank you
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
According to Crutchfield, these aren't compatible with the JL. You show a 2019, but the results would be the same...there's no difference from the 2018.

upload_2019-12-20_7-24-8.png

OP
OP

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
According to Crutchfield, these aren't compatible with the JL. You show a 2019, but the results would be the same...there's no difference from the 2018.

upload_2019-12-20_7-24-8.png
Yes I know crutch field says that but I’ve seen people post they installed them on their Jeep. I’m not sure what criteria they are using.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Try a PM to those who installed... this is a very helpful bunch. They may have found a bracket or made some modifications. I think Crutchfield is basing their criteria on plug & play.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/speaker-replacement-upgrade.20561/#post-497715
Yes I’m sure it’s plug and play compatibility. I did pm the guy but he’s not been here in over a year. I think I found the solution. Just came in the mail yesterday. Just need to see if that works. If not I’ll return them.

Thank you.

codylancaster

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I just ordered some Kicker SC series 3.5 which shows the dame depth, they are not meeting the instal depth requirements, or the speaker is "too big" to fit. I asked them (Crutchfield) about it and said it was too close to their minimums to show compatible. I wanted to try the KS series since I will be amplifying them but will give these a shot first on the head unit and possibly just a mono block for a sub. When I was checking out and talking to them, they were saying an adapter will ship free with it. They fixed it to show that in my cart the adapter. For 30 bucks including the adapter it is worth the try!

Did your DS series fit well?

Speaker Depth
CS depth= 1-11/16"
DS depth= 1-11/16"

From Crutchfield rep:
It looks like the mounting height is just a smidge off... so you have 1.646 inches available in there and the Kickers are 1.664 .... So, super close.

We will have them listed as a non fit if they are even a thousandth of an inch off... I would think you should be able to make those work..

What they included for free for front dash plug and play:
Metra 72-7902 Speaker Wiring Adapters

OP
OP

Robbnva

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I eventually got what I needed but after all that they didn’t fit perfectly and the sound wasn’t an improvement .

time to put factory back in and at least get the dart speakers that people rave about. Or save money and do it right.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I eventually got what I needed but after all that they didn’t fit perfectly and the sound wasn’t an improvement .

time to put factory back in and at least get the dart speakers that people rave about. Or save money and do it right.
Somewhere on here a thread and lots are running the Infinity 3032's up front with good success. They seem to fit no problems. Pretty cheap as well.
Sponsored