Installing AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT suspension - Question

2018JlNewbie

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport s
I have a 2018 Wrangler Sport S two door(bone stock) that I'm going to install this lift on. I've been reading posts regarding the Steersmarts sector shaft brace with trackbar brace and how it improves the steering response. Since I'll have the front suspension apart, is this something that I should add to my lift? I'm also wondering if I should also add a Steersmarts adjustable track bar.

Will adding these two parts adversely affect the AEV lift?

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
If you have the $$ to do it all at once, why not? They should not adversely affect the AEV lift.
If you are planning on running a heavy wheel/tire setup it should help premature suspension wear and tear.

The AEV kit looks really nice. I had an AEV frankenlift on my JK and had ZERO complaints with their coil springs and bumpstop pads (I had Rancho 5000x shocks). The only thing I do not see with this kit is quick disconnects for the front.

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
You will definitely want to add the front adjustable track bar to center the front axle. My front axle was off by 1 inch after installing the AEV 2.5 lift, and I had a lot of bump steer. I ended up installing a Clayton front track bar.
Edit: If your on a budget and only can do either the sector shaft brace or an adjustable front track bar, I’d definitely do the front track bar first.
Sponsored

Last edited: